Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild
CoD: Black Ops

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Get Off x

Tipsy Paladin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:49 pm
It's officially been announced that there is going to be another game released from the Call of Duty franchise. 3nodding The title of this one, shall be Call of Duty: Black Ops. I'm not totally sure what war this one will cover, but I'm sure it will be great.

There is supposed to be co-op story mode again. It's going to be created by Treyarch(the ones who did WAW), instead of Activision. It is said to be released in early November of 2010. 3nodding I can't wait. >.<

linkage

Hope everyone else is as excited as me!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:50 am
The game's set during conflicts in the cold war and maybe world war two I think.  

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

Disturb The Universe

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:16 am
Activision ftw. Black ops is going to blow. Just like WaW. I can feel it. But who knows.  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:09 am
Disturb The Universe
Activision ftw. Black ops is going to blow. Just like WaW. I can feel it. But who knows.

I believe that it will be good. I liked WaW, just not the online gameplay. :/ It was crap. But I like how they actually make legs blow off when shot/blown up. And co-op campaign is always fun.  

Get Off x

Tipsy Paladin

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:20 am
The gore in WaW wasn't that realistic.
Holding a grenade for too long resulted in loss of legs, not arms. How does that make sense?  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:23 am
Archduke wonderwaffle
The game's set during conflicts in the cold war and maybe world war two I think.

Actually. It's undetermined when it's set. There's images of Vietnam War and WWII, but if you pay attention there's alot of modern guns and vehicles. The Cold War wasn't really a war at all. The Cold War was the arms race between the U.S. and Soviet Union. Not a single shot was fired between the two sides  

Kinky Walrus

Ruthless Sex Symbol

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:24 am
It's just like getting shot in the leg in MW2 but my guy grabs his face. Anyways i believe black ops takes place in the Vietnam War  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:38 am
Kinky Walrus
Archduke wonderwaffle

Actually. It's undetermined when it's set. There's images of Vietnam War and WWII, but if you pay attention there's alot of modern guns and vehicles. The Cold War wasn't really a war at all. The Cold War was the arms race between the U.S. and Soviet Union. Not a single shot was fired between the two sides

I said conflicts during the cold war, silly.
And I think during the Korean war Soviet and American soldiers fired upon eachother.
I may be wrong, but the Soviets had 26000 deaths during the first four years and I doubt every faction of the UN fought them except America.  

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

Koneko Koji

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:33 am
I'm looking forward to it - but from what I've seen on other forums, there's a lot of unease over the fact that Treyarch (World at War) have done it and not Infinity Ward.

Looking at the trailer, I think it looks okay - the graphics seem kind of gritty, but this might be a reflection of the time period it's set in.

Will be interesting to see what information is released over the coming weeks and months.  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:01 am
it feels like its too soon for another cod game to come out..but then again..IMA SWITCH TO HALO REACH!!  

Sir Different

Genji Gincosu

Divine Phantom

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:30 pm
Archduke wonderwaffle
Kinky Walrus
Archduke wonderwaffle

And I think during the Korean war Soviet and American soldiers fired upon eachother.
I may be wrong, but the Soviets had 26000 deaths during the first four years and I doubt every faction of the UN fought them except America.

i think you might be thinking of the russian revolution...i mean america did fight against them....  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:50 pm
Genji Gincosu
Archduke wonderwaffle
Kinky Walrus
Archduke wonderwaffle

i think you might be thinking of the russian revolution...i mean america did fight against them....

No, not the revolution.
As I said, I imagine they may have fired upon each other.
My mistake, the Soviets deployed 26000 but only lost 282.

sweatdrop

They didn't have direct conflict but I believe rounds were spent.  

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:38 pm
I can't wait for it. I love covert ops and special ops stories. I hope the campaign will be badass.

Disturb The Universe

Online it does. The campaign mode was pretty badass if you ask me.

Nazi Zombies was big with all my friends. I hated it.  
The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games