Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Asteroid Names

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:10 am
Well, around the time of Douglas's death, they named an asteroid 18610 Arthurdent.

But here's something new...

Yes! That's right! Asteroid 25924 Douglasadams! (note that the ultimate asteroid website doesn't have the name yet...) I mean, we always knew you were a heavenly object, Doug, but this is ridiculous. wink Damn freaky about the temporary designation though... eek (no, you're gonna have to read the article yourself....or click the link for the asteroid itself and I'm sure you'll be able to see what I mean on your own)

...so where's Fordprefect? crying

{edited - the ultimate asteroid website got the name, thus changing the URL. On the assumption that the article is also no longer good, I state now the temporary designation: 2001DA42.}  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:52 am
Spike_Theta
Well, around the time of Douglas's death, they named an asteroid 18610 Arthurdent.

But here's something new...

Yes! That's right! Asteroid 25924 Douglasadams! (note that the ultimate asteroid website doesn't have the name yet...) I mean, we always knew you were a heavenly object, Doug, but this is ridiculous. wink Damn freaky about the temporary designation though... eek (no, you're gonna have to read the article yourself....or click the link for the asteroid itself and I'm sure you'll be able to see what I mean on your own)

...so where's Fordprefect? crying

I read about that, caught the link off of Fark. Made my month. biggrin  

Celdia

Ghost Chef

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:43 pm
Oh wow, that is really nifty! mrgreen

And the temporary designation code...it works out so well, I wonder what the Improbability Factor of that was...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:52 am
Lord Salem
Oh wow, that is really nifty! mrgreen

And the temporary designation code...it works out so well, I wonder what the Improbability Factor of that was...

If its anything like the improbability of my showing up at my friends' job (he works third shift) the same night another friend of ours shows up (completely unrelated trip) and all of the morning regulars are eithe really late or really early....then its about 166551 to 1 against. At least that's what we figured (yes, there was reasoning behind that number)  

Celdia

uaq

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:05 am
whats does that all mean?! S=  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:51 pm
Icasa
whats does that all mean?! S=

Somehow, I think that's the point.

"We apologize for the inconvience", and all that. blaugh

*<3s you now*  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:07 pm
That's great. Though there should be a Randomfrequentflyerdent asteroid.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:51 pm
W....oooooo.....wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. What about one named "Fordprefect"? Or "Beeblebrox"? Maybe "Slartibartfast?"  

dudebro711

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:06 pm
Sitting Boi
W....oooooo.....wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. What about one named "Fordprefect"? Or "Beeblebrox"? Maybe "Slartibartfast?"
Slartibartfast is good too.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:53 pm
angilwingz
Sitting Boi
Slartibartfast is good too.

Yes, I can imagine the lisping astrologer seeing it pass by. "It's Slarb-I mean Slartifar-I mean Bartislar-I mean...oh, it's gone. Damn."  

dudebro711

Pashunath

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:37 pm
Improbability Factor of that probobly was around 2073044100 to 1 because that is the phone number of Douglas' agent amd lives are goverened by phone numbers.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:34 pm
Pas
Improbability Factor of that probobly was around 2073044100 to 1 because that is the phone number of Douglas' agent amd lives are goverened by phone numbers.

How the hell do you know his agent's number?  

dudebro711

The_cheat3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:27 pm
they need to name a comet after zaphod. (sp)...or fenchurch....I was so sad when I heard what happend to her.....and I felt so sorry for arthur  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:55 pm
The_cheat3
they need to name a comet after zaphod. (sp)...or fenchurch....I was so sad when I heard what happend to her.....and I felt so sorry for arthur
I felt bad for Arthur, but I didn't like fenchurch that much.  

Angilwingz

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games