Submit

X-BILLIONdollarAZZ-X
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:46 pm
wow u must read wat gaia is making us do now...
1st of all y do we alwayz gotta invite 2 get some better items 4 free from gaia???? nd 2nd of all i usually get itemz 2 sell 4.. 500 gold or a lil less and get some gold at least 100gold from chance..but now we must invite..wtf

COPY ND PASTE..QUOTEZ GAIA...
Sick of getting bugs, trash, starter items and %&$@ing pancakes in the Daily Chance? Well, we've heard your wails of agony, and we're putting the power to get better stuff in your hands.

In a few short days we'll be restocking the Daily Chance cart with better items and odds... but there's a catch: to jump up to higher item tiers, you'll need to grab some pals-- the more friends you successfully invite, the more Gold and cool items you can get. Here's how it breaks down:

0 invites: The standard stuff. 5-10 Gold, bugs, trash, starter items, etc.

3 invites Payouts of 20 Gold and up, wearable items worth up to 500 Gold, no starter items, no trash/bugs/flowers (you'll still get ink!).

10 invites: Payouts of 50 Gold and up, wearable items worth up to 2000 Gold, aquarium fish, exclusive Daily Chance items and better odds of getting the good stuff.

25 invites: Payouts of 100 Gold and up, high-end shops items, aquarium fish, the rarest Daily Chance items, new exclusives, better odds and a chance to win 1 million Gold.

Remember: for your invites to count, the people you invite will actually have to register and use Gaia; you can't just put in a bunch of random fake email accounts or register a bunch of mules.

Keep your eyes peeled! We'll be introducing these changes later this week.

Important Note: Lately, there's been a scam going around involving a phony "Beta Daily Chance," which phishes for passwords by tricking people into thinking they're trying out a new Daily Chance system. Remember: the real Daily Chance will never ask for your password or take you away from gaiaonline.com. If you ever get a popup asking for your password, some doofus is trying to trick you.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:49 pm
I know right?! It makes me so mad! I've been here for almost 6 years and now I have to invite people to get stuff?! It's disgusting what they're doing for members now. They should be rewarding loyalty instead. stare  

kinkykitty89
Crew

Ruthless Elder

15,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

X-BILLIONdollarAZZ-X
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:56 pm
kinkykitty89
I know right?! It makes me so mad! I've been here for almost 6 years and now I have to invite people to get stuff?! It's disgusting what they're doing for members now. They should be rewarding loyalty instead. stare
UR SO RITE.. I BEEN ON HERE THAT LONG 2..HUGZ..GAIA HAS GOTTIN REAL GREEDY THIS YEAR..IT JUST A DAMN SHAME..  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:04 am
My daughter invited me and I've been through all my friends and some of their kids. This attempt to get more members for "advertisement" value (and by the way, what's up with putting advertisement space on "My Gaia"?) is only going to end up with an avalanche of mules. Gaia should just come up with better incentives for invites. Those stupid paper telephones were a big joke.  

Purtie
Crew

Obsessive Elder

Bluebelle Babe
Crew

Conservative Member

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:35 am
I saw that announcement this morning and it ticked me off too! For heaven's sake, everytime they turn around they do something else. They took away the Dolphins and now they try to bribe us into inviting more people. Sometimes Gaia gets so crowded now that the website gets overwhelmed and slows way down.

I'm not doing invites. First of all, I don't know of anyone else that isn't on Gaia already to invite, and second, I don't rely on Daily chance anyway. The only thing they give out for free that means beans to me is the tokens. I let them add up and then play Blackjack with them until I have enough to purchase one of their best items and sell it for gold. It wouldn't bother me if they did away with Daily Chance altogether... except for the tokens. LOL!  
GAIA ISSUES ONLY

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games