Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
How do you create your characters? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katetastic XD

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:12 am
I completely agree with you, Lord-Miles. I'm worried many times that I won't be able to write as much as another person in a role play, but with what they write, I can build off of, and writing a good amount becomes much easier than I thought it would be. Though three consecutive years of text sounds a little bit crazy... o-o;; But in a role play just a few months ago, I wrote the "biography" story for my character, and that alone turned out to be about seven Word pages long. XD I think my writing is more concise, too, and I know exactly what you mean with the "meaningless fluff" in novels. I wish to write a book one day, but I'm not sure I could really do it.

Best of luck with your Masked Marked role play, it sounds very interesting, as does your character. And of course you can use the zodiac! Just glad to help the little bit I can. =]  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:53 pm
Lord-Miles
crying You're laughing at me? Gee, that totally doesn't make my self esteem go down. ( razz )
I see what you're saying, though I think there can also be points where writing a lot can become overdoing it. Por ejemplo, I once was reading through an RP where the posts were even longer than this one (I believe the front page said the minimum post was like, five paragraphs), anyway for one lady's intro post, it literally spanned three years of her character's life without any major timeskips, and it wasn't a flashback. I mean, I respected her for being able to type that much out, but there come a point when there's just too much information that a lot of it becomes irrelevant. I also find that with much longer posts, the possibility for performing ten bajillion actions within a short time becomes greater.
Though, this may a problem unique to me. I'm aware of the fact that as a writer, I'm ill-suited to write novels. I just can't get a lot of the meaningful fluff in there that makes up a lot of the book. I'm not lacking per say, I just my writing style to be more concise.
Of course... my tendency to use size ten font could also have something to do with post size. ^^;

Hmmn, yeah that's along the lines of what I was thinking for the possession as well. The thing is, his mask is indicative of his madness I think, so it needs to be something deepset in his mind for that to work.
Or rather... when is it that they get the masks again? It's after the card right? >.> That's the other thing, I really like the idea of the spirit being tied up in the card somehow. But that looks like a dead end at the moment unless I get some sort of inspiration... maybe I'll take a shower later. That always helps.

Hokay, the thing with the Minor Arcana goes like this. The GM has the Minor Arcana divided into different groups, so that each group (like the Cups) has an Ace, a Page, a Knight, a Queen, and a King. However, with the link she provided to explain all the cards, the Minor Arcana does not have any of the above except for an Ace. Therefore, I cannot choose any card since I don't know which ones (if any) she has assigned to the Page, Knight ect.

.:: Like a butterfly through a paper shredder...

Well, you'll know if it's taken by looking next to the name. And clicking on the link gives you an idea of what to do. (There's a description below the image.) And the Tarot Teachings websites has all the descriptions... confused ???

...so fricken' awesome. ::.

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lord-Miles

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:18 pm
Grrarg, am I over thinking this, or just not explaining it well. Okay, here we go one last time.

She has the Minor arranged as such:
The Aces
Ace of Wands
Ace of Cups
Ace of Pentacles
Ace of Swords

The Pages
Page of Wands
Page of Cups
Page of Pentacles
Page of Swords

The Knights
Knight of Wands
Knight of Cups
Knight of Pentacles
Knight of Swords

The Queens
Queen of Wands
Queen of Cups
Queen of Pentacle
Queen of Swords

The Kings
King of Wands
King of Cups
King of Pentacles
King of Swords

So there is an Ace, Page, Knight, King, Queen for each group, Wands, Cups, Pentacles, Swords.

However, Tarot Teachings groups each one as such:
>Wands: An Intro
> Ace of Wands
> Two of Wands
> Three of Wands
> Four of Wands
> Five of Wands
> Six of Wands
> Seven of Wands
> Eight of Wands
> Nine of Wands
> Ten of Wands

See how there's only an Ace in this one? Which ones are the kings, queens ect?! How do I know which card to study and choose to fit his personality, or is she going by something completely different? @_@

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:20 pm
The Kings, Queens, Knights and Pages are located in the Royal Arcana I believe.

It's underneath the Major Arcana. 3nodding

SpookyNoodle

Liberal Garbage

Lord-Miles

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:37 pm
xlaveniex
The Kings, Queens, Knights and Pages are located in the Royal Arcana I believe.

It's underneath the Major Arcana. 3nodding

Well I'll be a biscuit boiled in butter, so it is. 8D Thanks Beanie!  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:39 pm
Haha, no problem. ^^

So what card have you chosen if you don't mind me asking? Or are you still debating?

SpookyNoodle

Liberal Garbage

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:32 pm
.:: Like a butterfly through a paper shredder...

Sorry I couldn't be helpful. ^_^;;;

...so fricken' awesome. ::.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:34 am
Hm, a very interesting question.

For me, my character starts off with what powers I want to use and secondly what I want them to look like. The powers dictate nothing about the chr's personality for me how ever. That's all in the bio. I can't make a character without an image first, so off to Photobucket I go for that. I only use anime for my posts. Once I have a face I can think about, personality and back story. Do they have parents? Siblings? Why not if they don't? Are they orphans? Did they run away? Was their family killed?? These questions help to shape the bio or background, and we all know it is our life experiences and how we react to them that give us our personalities. With that finished I can add little things from my self, like for instance I may have a char love bacon or something like that. I can make a char pretty fast using this method. Hope this helps those who may have a harder time with creating new personalities, or gives a uniques spin on the subject for veteren creators.  

darianjames

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces