Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Daily magic practices

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

p33p33s

Kitten

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:12 pm
From the article Daily Magic Practices by Prophecy. Click here to read the entire article.

When compiled together, my current practices range from an hour and a half to two hours and I am to do them twice a day if possible. ( morning and evening).

It is good to also keep a journal of your practices and experiences, as well as for introspection and mirrors and so on.

Daily Magic Practices

A daily routine for the practicing mage

Many times I’ve been asked for information concerning how the aspiring magus should go about practicing and sharpening his skills on a daily basis. To resolve this issue in the minds of the novices here at Veritas I have decided to treat of the matter in this essay, and aspire to provide a list and description of daily exercises and rituals that will keep the magician’s mind sharp, his will strong and his energies balanced. If you take what I intend to provide here and make it a daily routine to perform at least most of it then you shall be well on your way in the magical initiation, and I promise you shall begin to see progress in your magical evolution swifter than you had found before by only the sparse practice coupled with some studying.

While it shall all be beneficial, this essay is not intended for the lazy man or, by any means, the armchair magician. This is for the practicing magician who seeks a real progression in his power and control over his environment. Unlike some of my other essays, reading this article without practicing it, due to its lack of magical theory, will do you no good. With the exception of a few complexities, the schedule I am about to provide is my own; I can vouch directly for its benefits. Some of these exercises are of my own creation, some are pulled directly from or based upon the exercises that Franz Bardon used, while some come from the practices of various orders and circles. Regardless of the origin, these practices work and will provide the magician a concise way to keep himself polished and sharp.

The Routines

Upon waking
The morning is an ideal time for initiative magical practices, particularly those which serve to focus the mind, wake up the body, and get the internal energy flowing. It bares mentioning also that because of the state of the newly awoken brain, morning is also a great time for about fifteen minutes of meditation to set you in the mood to take on the rest of the day.

Thought Control:
The first thing you should do upon waking is to stay in your bed for a few more moments, perhaps adjusting yourself into an upright sitting position if you feel like laying down is going to make you fall asleep once more. When you are in a position which is comfortable, but shall not allow for you to sleep again, close your eyes and begin a degree of introspection, monitoring the thoughts of your mind as they come to you. Do not force thoughts into your mind, nor should you try to hinder them; simply watch them as if you were a bystander. In a matter of minutes, due to the fact that you have turned your attention inwards, the number of thoughts running through you mind successively should begin to slow and lessen. After about five minutes, try to focus on only one thought, holding it there in your mind as intently as you can without allowing any additional thoughts to enter and obscure your focus.

At first it is likely you will only be able to accomplish this for a matter of seconds, assuming you have partaken in no previous mental discipline(such as psionic practices). However, in time you will learn to hold just one thought, and eventually remove that thought so as to have your entire mind blank. When you can hold one thought in your mind for five minutes(perhaps set two buzzers to go off, one after five minutes, and the other after ten minutes) you may progress to trying to keep your mind clear the following morning. Once you can do so, you should make this a fifteen minute practice: 5 minutes of monitoring, 5 minutes of a single thought, 5 minutes of no thoughts. In time you will learn to clear your mind instantly of all thoughts, but even when you can you should still do the aforementioned every morning for about ten minutes.

Stretching:
It is important to follow up the previous exercise with a daily set of stretches for reasons which, on the surface, most should know, and which in a deeper sense a qigong student will understand. Hermetically speaking, suffice it to say that the body is your own personal Holy Temple, containing within it the individual spark of divinity; keep your temple clean. Stretching could be likened to “polishing the outside of the temple.” Once more, it is important to stretch every morning for a good five to ten minutes(preferably ten) after waking and performing the Thought Control exercise. I shall not provide a stretching program, as they are easy to access or to create on your own. Do not stretch for over twenty minutes in one sitting.

Divine Intervention:
After stretching, turn your body so as to face the rising sun* and seat yourself into seiza, which for those of you unfamiliar with the term basically requires sitting on your knees with your knees themselves about two fists apart in width from one another, and the large toes of your feet touching behind you, with which the heels of your feet should be just behind your butt. This position may hurt a little at first, but it compliments the previous stretches and has internal values which the eastern mystic will be familiar with.

Facing the sun, stretch both your arms out to your sides in a gesture of reception, both palms facing forward(this would be the kneeling variant of the Position of the Portal Opener, for those of you familiar with hermetic positions) and proclaim in your mind or aloud “I shall receive gratefully anything good which the universe may send my way today, and call forth the energies of my soul to stir with my own divinity.” Bring your arms back to your sides and lay your hands in your lap, meditating for a few moments and reflecting on your own karma(what good and bad things you’ve done lately that may effect your present day). With time and practice the magician will come to feel a rush of warmth after uttering the aforementioned proclamation, and in this way he shall judge that the universe shall work with him in his operations that day. If after a few months of performing this some parallel feeling is not present, then you should further evaluate your own karma, or examine weaknesses in other parts of your practice.

If you enjoy meditating in the morning, then this point would be the ideal time before your day truly gets going. The meditation should serve to align your energies for the day.

*Facing the location of the rising sun, which is East, is a tradition and not a requirement. I have performed this exercise facing all directions with efficiency, though personally enjoy sticking to tradition by my own nature, as I believe facing the sun is a good representation of the inner divinity and magical mechanisms of the universe. Logically, it also represents the beginning of the day.

*If you would like to learn more about theurgy, or to enroll in the school of theurgy please follow this link to thedivinescience.org  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:57 pm
that was very helpful thank you smile i'm going to try that when i wake up tomorrow  

starchild_777

p33p33s

Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:28 pm
starchild_777
that was very helpful thank you smile i'm going to try that when i wake up tomorrow
fantastic ;3 let me know how it goes for you! and if you are interested in more articles on theurgy, feel free to visit thedivinescience.org ;3  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:39 pm
L i v i e l l e
starchild_777
fantastic ;3 let me know how it goes for you! and if you are interested in more articles on theurgy, feel free to visit thedivinescience.org ;3

wow i did a lil bit of each part this morning and it really started my day off with a bang! i had the energy and the drive to do more throughout the day. and thanks for the website i just started checking it out but it looks really promising smile  

starchild_777

Sievilainen

Magnetic Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:40 am
Gotta try these, thanks! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:12 pm
I will have to try these too, thanks!  

Underworld Priestess

Yogurto

4,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:10 pm
love this!

for me, breakfast time is the easiest time of day to insert a little magic. i've found it effective to talk to my morning meal. like, i tell my coffee my plans for the day as it brews, i thank my oatmeal for being warm & filling, etc. does anyone else do this? it's sort of embarrassing i guess, but it puts me in a mindful, humble mood for the day & kinda opens me up to those unseen energies we all rely on!  
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games