Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
Robin Hood

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did this review help you?
  Absolutely!
  Not even close!
  I'll never say!! *Rides into black hole*
  *Fires arrow swiping gold without even entering*
View Results

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:25 pm
I saw the new Robin Hood movie today. Man it was so good I thought! However, there has yet to really be a Robin Hood that I haven't watched or liked in some way or another. Before you ask yes that includes the really old one with Errol Flynn too.

This one was well done and in it's own right quite different from the others. Instead of it being Robin of Locksley that was the hear it was Robin of Longstryde...or something like that. Which in it's own right was different.

It is said to be closer to the truth of what really happened and one thing they finally got right was that King Richard, one wasn't as GREAT as he's always made out to be and two, and this one is a big one, he doesn't show up at the end to take back his throne. It is a known fact that King Richard never returned from the Crusades. This movie finally got that little bit right.

To say the least I was shocked, surprised, and happy about this. It made for a different Robin Hood and it made it really enjoyable with how they went about telling this story.

This Robin Hood I think is different enough that you will enjoy it and remember this one out of all the other Robin Hoods there have been. The fight scenes are wonderful, the characters are splendid, the story is well thought out researched and flows, and they're even accurate with the weapons.

All in all a most enjoyable movie to me. I say if you're a Robin Hood fan this is one you must see.  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:00 pm
I do love me some Robin Hood. xd And historical accuracy is a big plus with me. I was a little concerned about the lead actor when I first heard about this one. How did he do?  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:29 pm
Well for starters he did far better then Kevin Costner did in his roll as Robin Hood.

In all honestly though thinking back on it...I think he actually did a wonderful job. He really brought the Robin Longstryde, A.K.A. "Robin of the Hood" to life. He kept the roll and the character I think he actually did a good job in the movie.

Yay another Robin Hood lover! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:39 pm
Awesome. I'll put it on my "to watch" list. 3nodding I think Robin Hood was one of my first film crushes when I was a kid. xd Couldn't tell you which movie was my fave, tho. There've been so many.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Necessitarian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:16 am
I am presently terribly befuddled since this is the first lone positive review I have read, amongst so many! negative comments concerning Russel Crow's Robin.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:15 pm
No role/movie/game/whatever is universally hated or loved. There'll always be that one person who loved or hated it. In my case, if there's universal acclaim for something, I almost always hate it, and vice versa.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:05 pm
*nods* Yeah, I'm kind of like Purple if a lot of people love it often times I don't and vice versa.

Though now you've got me curious what have others been saying on why it is so bad if you don't mind sharing?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:29 pm
I've heard a lot of bad stuff, but it's mostly just about the actor himself. A lot of people don't like him, and that colors their judgment of his roles in movies. I've seen him act well, and I've seen him act badly, so that's why I wanted to know how he did in this one.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:28 pm
Ah, I see. Well isn't that standard with any actor/actress? Well I personally think he did really well in this role, but that's just me?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:25 pm
Yeah, pretty much. xd  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out