Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KnitKait
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:40 am
Gallery Of Suicide
bo_bannan
Gallery Of Suicide
I have a question, why is Skype required?
And what happens if a judge lags a bit?

We use it to communicate. And a judge lagging shouldn't interfere with anything.
Wouldn't it mess up their time, or cause the hypercam to also have laggy results?
Because I'd love to become a judge, but, even on low graphics, and with only MY ring animation, I can get a bit laggy. D';
Edit** Also, is TCL total charge level, or the number that has to be 5k+?

Does this lag take place when you are fighting, or just when you are sitting around? As a judge, you pretty much just sit in the instance or get led through the path by the crew depending on the event. There's no ring usage to add to the lag.

With Audacity (the program we used for the last zOlympics), you click the record button at the beginning of the run and hit stop at the end. The bits of lag I had on occasion while judging didn't affect that program at all, it just kept adding on time to the recording.

TCL is the total charge level. Originally it had to be over 5k for someone to participate in a crew, but now one just needs to have a TCL of over 3500 to participate.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:19 pm
Username: shunsuke-kun
Why do you want to judge: I really want to judge because I think that zOlympics is a really great idea, first of all and second, I want to participate in really great Gaia activities. Besides, I like zOMG! I also want to see it be used for cool activities. I also want to meet the awesome teams that will try to play through the zOlympics.
Did you participate in the previous zOlympics: This is my first time
What days are you normally online, and what hours are you able to judge(full depth answers please): I'm usually online everyday, excpet when I have to go somewhere. Since it's summer, I tend to be fluctuating the amount of time I am here. Mostly on at late evenings to 3am if I need to (go papa saw!). I will also have summer school for two weeks so I won't be on at 8am EST until about 3pm EST. So basically, my schedule is really complicated but I can always squeeze the zOlympics if necessary wink

Do you have a skype: I have MSN and Yahoo! Messenger
If not, are you able to create one: Do you have to pay?
Have you ever worked with hypercam or audacity: No, but I will of you need me to.
TCL: Oh that one...okay, well I have
Do you have experience working in a guild: somewhat
Number of Forum Posts: 1,943 posts
When did you join Gaia: November 2009
Have you ever been warned or banned from Gaia: No
If so, why:  

UserID_21869177

Gallery Of Suicide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:32 pm
Coolazity1
Gallery Of Suicide
bo_bannan
Gallery Of Suicide

We use it to communicate. And a judge lagging shouldn't interfere with anything.
Wouldn't it mess up their time, or cause the hypercam to also have laggy results?
Because I'd love to become a judge, but, even on low graphics, and with only MY ring animation, I can get a bit laggy. D';

Does this lag take place when you are fighting, or just when you are sitting around? As a judge, you pretty much just sit in the instance or get led through the path by the crew depending on the event. There's no ring usage to add to the lag.

With Audacity (the program we used for the last zOlympics), you click the record button at the beginning of the run and hit stop at the end. The bits of lag I had on occasion while judging didn't affect that program at all, it just kept adding on time to the recording.

TCL is the total charge level. Originally it had to be over 5k for someone to participate in a crew, but now one just needs to have a TCL of over 3500 to participate.
Well, it usually happens when a lot of action is happening, and closer to near the Queen, or a boss.
And, why do you have to record the sounds, or is it simply a timer persay?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:34 pm
Gallery Of Suicide
Coolazity1
Gallery Of Suicide
bo_bannan
Gallery Of Suicide

Well, it usually happens when a lot of action is happening, and closer to near the Queen, or a boss.

We record the sounds to see if you are cheating by using powerups. && it also serves as a timer smile  

Noubelle

Gallery Of Suicide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:36 pm
Lovelyygurl
Gallery Of Suicide
Coolazity1
Gallery Of Suicide
bo_bannan
Gallery Of Suicide

We record the sounds to see if you are cheating by using powerups. && it also serves as a timer smile
Oh, so you have to enable zOMG sounds. Does this count for the music player, as well? Or just the sound effects?
Also, a stupid question, for me being CL 10, but how do you get your TCL? I've been told it's how many orbs you've gotten from killing the animated, but I'm not sure. :'x  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:39 pm
Gallery Of Suicide

I dont think we need the music player, its not that important, all we need is the sound effects(:
Q: What is TCL?
A: TCL is your Total Charge Level. This number is the total number of orbs you earned while playing zOMG!. Orbs gained when salvaging rings do not add to this total, but orbs received by killing monsters, completing quests, and opening chests do. To find your TCL, select yourself, click the arrows in the bottom right-hand corner of the target window, and click Character Info. Your TCL is the number listed beside Total Charge right beneath Overall CL.  

Noubelle

Gallery Of Suicide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:42 pm
Lovelyygurl
Gallery Of Suicide

I dont think we need the music player, its not that important, all we need is the sound effects(:
A: TCL is your Total Charge Level. This number is the total number of orbs you earned while playing zOMG!. Orbs gained when salvaging rings do not add to this total, but orbs received by killing monsters, completing quests, and opening chests do. To find your TCL, select yourself, click the arrows in the bottom right-hand corner of the target window, and click Character Info. Your TCL is the number listed beside Total Charge right beneath Overall CL.
Thank you so much. <3
Well, I'd looooove to be a judge, but my computer would just.. die if it had to run Audacity, a hypercam, the vivox for zOMG, zOMG and whatever else at once. :c
Good luck with the event, though. I wish I could participate some way. Maybe next year. <3  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:28 pm
Gallery Of Suicide
Lovelyygurl
Gallery Of Suicide

Thank you so much. <3
Well, I'd looooove to be a judge, but my computer would just.. die if it had to run Audacity, a hypercam, the vivox for zOMG, zOMG and whatever else at once. :c
Good luck with the event, though. I wish I could participate some way. Maybe next year. <3

Technically you'd just need to run Audacity and zOMG for judging (having both hypercam and Audacity is a bit overkill, and the vivox isn't that essential, as the judge isn't supposed to help the team with noting buffs that are down and things of the like), but there's always next time if your computer situation changes by then.  

KnitKait
Crew

Raloris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:51 pm
Username: Warrior_Zika
Why do you want to judge: Because I probably wouldn't be able to find a team and it just seems like it would be more fun to judge.
Did you participate in the previous zOlympics: previous zOmg olympics? no. Previous gaia ones yes though.
What days are you normally online, and what hours are you able to judge(full depth answers please): I can be on at most every second day from when i wake up to when i want to get off, roughly 8 am atlantic canada to 9/10 pm.
Do you have a skype: nope.
If not, are you able to create one: does it cost money?
Have you ever worked with hypercam or audacity: fraps is the most I think I have used in this field.
TCL: what? XD
Do you have experience working in a guild: no
Number of Forum Posts: beats me?
When did you join Gaia: 2 years ago minimum.
Have you ever been warned or banned from Gaia: not that I can recall.
If so, why:  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:58 pm
I'm not sure how to participate at all so shoud I be a judge? redface  

Andriana1

4,850 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Citizen 200

KnitKait
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:21 pm
Andriana1
I'm not sure how to participate at all so shoud I be a judge? redface

To be a judge, you need to know how everything works beyond that of just participating in a crew. Read through the stickies in the main section of the forums, and if you have any questions after that, post them in this thread.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:59 am
Username:x CrazY DemoN x
Why do you want to judge:I want to be a judge because i like zOMG a lot and i think that zOlympics is a great idea because it teaches people how to work in team and it's also a good way for having fun.
Did you participate in the previous zOlympics:No,this is my first time.
What days are you normally online, and what hours are you able to judge(full depth answers please):First,I'd like to say that i live in Europe and the time might be a problem because when here it's 10 AM there is like 3 AM but i'm online in the morning and also in the evening from 7 PM + (that is 12 AM +)
Do you have a skype:Yes, xcrazy-demonx
If not, are you able to create one:
Have you ever worked with hypercam or audacity:No,but i can download the audacity
TCL:6.278
Do you have experience working in a guild:A little,but i can handle.
Number of Forum Posts:141
When did you join Gaia:Age:394 days
Have you ever been warned or banned from Gaia:No.
If so, why:  

x CrazY DemoN x

7,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

II Blue Duck II

Peaceful Duck

13,525 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:50 am
Username: II Blue Duck II
Why do you want to judge: I would like to be a judge so I can help out with wheat ever i can do.
Did you participate in the previous zOlympics: No
What days are you normally online, and what hours are you able to judge(full depth answers please): I'm on everyday. My times depends on my activities but i'm on atleast 2 hours per day.
Do you have a skype: No
If not, are you able to create one: No
Have you ever worked with hypercam or audacity: No
TCL: 7817
Do you have experience working in a guild: Yes
Number of Forum Posts: Not sure, but last time I checked was over 1000
When did you join Gaia: 6/12/2008
Have you ever been warned or banned from Gaia: No
If so, why: ___________  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:31 pm
Username: II HazelSkye II

Why do you want to judge: I wasn't able to be in the olympics due to some dishonest placement in a team, but I would still like to participate.

Did you participate in the previous zOlympics: No. I didn't know about it.

What days are you normally online, and what hours are you able to judge(full depth answers please): I work, so I don't know quite yet. My schedule varies from week to week. I get my schedule on Thursdays.

Do you have a skype: Yes.

Have you ever worked with hypercam or audacity: Audacity, yes, hypercam, no. I don't think I could get audacity though, I have a mac laptop.

TCL: 7600+

Do you have experience working in a guild: Yes. Captained one for a while.

Number of Forum Posts: 20,000+

When did you join Gaia: March, 2005

Have you ever been warned or banned from Gaia: No. I was a site moderator for a while.  

seabrume

Hype Master

18,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
The zOMG Olympics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers