Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Questions!^^

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-bumbleshot-

Savage Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:26 am
Hello everyone! My previous account orange_split has been hack a few day ago, so this will be my new account from now on^^

Let's proceed to my questions..I'm just wondering if how to know when your meditation actually works/ is successful? and how will you know If you got a spirit guide with you?..

I'm just wondering for some time now, I still have many questions to ask but I guess this will be it for now, so as not to get confused..thankies^^ I'm really hoping for a good answer^^

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:23 pm
A meditative trance is something that is pretty hard to miss when you achieve it. That being said, Meditation doesn't really ever "not work". A full-blown trance is a good goal to have, but even if you manage to just chill out and relax for a few minutes, that is a good thing.

I don't really know much (or anything) about spirit guides. Not my area of expertise, and not rally part of my practice, so I'll leave that to someone who is a bit more knowledgeable than I am.  

Necromandy

T e t r a g r a m

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:47 pm
Depends what your goals are. Meditation should allow you to become more concentrated at the very least but often has effects such as a calmer personality through the elimination of vices. If you want to measure progress, just record your practices and pay attention to yourself throughout the day. I would say relaxation and focus would be the best experiences to achieve. Don't force it, just "be there"
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:22 am
I see..that clears it out, meditation really confuses me those were good answers but I like to receive some kinda different opinion..anyways I still would like to know more about spirit guides  

-bumbleshot-

Savage Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

p33p33s

Kitten

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:53 am
It will help you to notice differences if you keep a journal. After every practice write down anything that happened. like

"monday - 6pm -

-felt energy at the base of the spine during body control."

describe things in detail ;3  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:12 am
L i v i e l l e
It will help you to notice differences if you keep a journal. After every practice write down anything that happened. like

"monday - 6pm -

-felt energy at the base of the spine during body control."

describe things in detail ;3

does that refer to feeling a spirit guide?  

-bumbleshot-

Savage Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Necromandy

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:30 pm
I'm pretty sure Spirit Guides are a Native American concept, and I don't think there are many (if any at all) magicians in thsi guild who are native american. That being said, Eclectic "NeoWiccans" have been known to delve into the subject. If you cannot find an answer here, then I could suggest looking around for a decent guild on Wicca. I know there are some.

Best of luck in your search.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games