Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Why can't I buy wii-points 100 at a time?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:52 am
Or better yet why can't I just pay the real money equivalent?

This question has been begging to be asked since I first bought WiiWare, and it still bugs me.

All the companies do it-- This I understand, but why must it be like that? It's like I'm being held hostage to buy more points than I need, I have to pay 20 dollars to afford a 12 dollar game... this seems criminal.

Give me one good reason why it should stay this way.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:00 am
Um... Don't you mean 1000? 'Cause 100 isn't going to buy you anything. 500 points minimum surely?  

Super Cheesio

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:19 am
He might have 700 points leftover from an oddly priced purchase and want an 800 point game, but can only get it with 1000 points, I think is the point, Cheese.

They just do it like that so you'll have points leftover (most likely) and you'll want to come back and try to use them sometime, knowing you still have a "balance" of some odd points left.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:36 am
They make more money that way.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:56 pm
the leftovers are for the addon content. ITS REQUIRED YOU GET THE ADDON CONTENT OF MM10! whether you own it or not.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:40 pm
Super Cheesio
Um... Don't you mean 1000? 'Cause 100 isn't going to buy you anything. 500 points minimum surely?

rock band and guitar hero DLC is either 200 or 100 points. or he may have just chosen the 100 Wii points as an example because as far as I know all things that you can spend Wii points on is a multiple of 100. then if you want something for 800 points you just purchase 100 points x8.  

silve

Master_Glink

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:15 am
Sony doesn't do it. You use actual currency to buy from the PSN store.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:29 pm
Master_Glink
Sony doesn't do it. You use actual currency to buy from the PSN store.

True dat.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Demanufacturer

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:12 pm
they just want to mak emore money, it's that easy
as long as you keep having left overs you will need to buy more points just to spend the leftovers.
Ofcourse, you'll have new leftovers which make syou buy moar and moar etc etc  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:35 am
I agree Kegan. I'm not too overly fond of having to choose between Megaman 10 or Cave Story because I can't shell out that extra twenty bucks for another card in Wal-Mart when I just need 200 more points.  

Trop003

Vaettur

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:01 pm
Here you can exchange your Club Nintendo coins for Nintendo points, even 100 at a time. Not sure about the North American Club Nintendo though.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games