Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:33 am
Load Chaud
Mr. Ono made a total of 16 comics (at least, going by the American distribution. I'm not sure how the Japanese version of the comic was handled). Each set of four had a different subtitle. They were:
1-4: The Electric Tale of Pikachu
5-8: Pikachu Shocks Back
9-12: Electric Pikachu Boogaloo
13-16: Surf's Up, Pikachu!

Which if I remember correctly, ended when Ash beat the Orange League (his comics were loosely based on the cartoon).

I'm not sure why it ended, though. I've heard a rumor from a friend, and this may be completely false...
What I heard was that people thought his comics were a bit too mature for Pokémon comics (just look at how he draws them women! Epecially Gary's sister in the issue! °_°), since Pokémon is a property that Nintendo aims at children (deny it as much as you want, it's true. But that doesn't me we older folk can't like it, too!). I think the first issue of the English comic went by uncut, but the following wer censored a bit. Women were edited to wear less revealing clothing, their breasts were reduced, and a bathing scene with Misty (nothing private was shown in the Japanese version) was completely cut from the English release. And I guess even in Japan, this was considered a bit risque for a Pokémon comic. So they cancelled it.
Of course... this could be entirely wrong.

The other Pokémon comics (called Pokémon Adventures. Story by Hidenori Kusaka. Art by Mato. Based more on the game than the cartoon) still goes on in Japan, I think. They have issues starring the Ruby and Sapphire characters. I'm not sure if it's still translated, though (I haven't bothered to check).

Mm. I could see where that would make sense. That's too bad. The Ono comics are beautifully drawn and excellently written. I didn't like Pokémon Adventures too much ... never bothered to pick up any of them.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:27 am
I want those comics sad

Especially if I can find a version with the misty bathing scene still in it wink even if you don't see anything.  

Trumpster

Load Chaud

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:37 am
Heh. That scene was only in the Japanese version. Good luck on finding it. I don't even know which specific issue it was in, though.

I think there was a site that had scans of everything that was edited from the English comics. So that you could compare the two versions.
I have the link, but I won't post it as to prevent bandwidth drainage (the site is on netfirms, and they deactivate the site when it exceeds its daily bandwidth limit). If you really, REALLY want to see scans of the Japanese versions of Ono's comics... PM me.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:47 am
Chaud, is that one were they compare mainly the differences between the Poke girls in the Japanese and English versions? If so, I have the link too...

Gawd, You'd think Jessie was busty enough in the anime o_O; And I believe that rumor you talked about is correct, I did hear it somewhere else as well.

Also in those manga's, Ash leered at girls about as much as Brock did, and Brock was about 20 or so, and seemed to have alittle more luck with girls... I think. Atleast with Sabrina, that was a cute scene.

And Trumpster, I have that picture in particular too... Gawd, it's funny X3  

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:06 am
Aoi Hikari
Chaud, is that one were they compare mainly the differences between the Poke girls in the Japanese and English versions? If so, I have the link too...

Gawd, You'd think Jessie was busty enough in the anime o_O; And I believe that rumor you talked about is correct, I did hear it somewhere else as well.

Also in those manga's, Ash leered at girls about as much as Brock did, and Brock was about 20 or so, and seemed to have alittle more luck with girls... I think. Atleast with Sabrina, that was a cute scene.

And Trumpster, I have that picture in particular too... Gawd, it's funny X3

Yeah, here it is:

Ash: Hey! Brock, what'cha doin' here?

Brock: Me and Sabrina are good friends and I was just in the area......

Ash: You like her, don't you...? wink

And then there was that one where Ash challenged Misty.....

Misty: You challenge our Gym, you play by our rules. Understood?

Ash: .....*oogles at misty's bathing suit, while thinking about how he got himself into this*

Misty: QUIT STARING! scream *throws a Shellder at him*

....*ahem* Yes......That was in the 'Electric Tale Of Pikachu'. I got it for Christmas a while back...I got all Pokémon stuffs. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:22 am
Cool, Misty is as firey as her hair, that's why I like her. xd  

Trumpster

Tejin Ojin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:35 am
*sniff*.... Yesterday, Toko my bro left for College, let us all wish him good luck! One more thing, I would like to thank you toko for all the hard work you did on my new room... *cough*he didn't do a thing*cough*....... stressed stressed Any way.... GOOD LUCK BRO!!! your probably gonna need it...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:56 pm
Tejin Ojin
*sniff*.... Yesterday, Toko my bro left for College, let us all wish him good luck! One more thing, I would like to thank you toko for all the hard work you did on my new room... *cough*he didn't do a thing*cough*....... stressed stressed Any way.... GOOD LUCK BRO!!! your probably gonna need it...

IM gunnu miss TOKO and I wish him good luck sad crying crying  

josh a gogo

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:06 pm
I'm BACK! Pokèball go! Gym Leader Toko Ojin is getting used to college life now! I preoredered FR too!

*feels smart* xd  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:38 am
I've got another question, if I may:
How does a Staryu eat?  

Flanny-Chan

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:55 am
Flanny-Chan
How does a Staryu eat?

Presumably like any other starfish -- its stomach is on the underside. They use their arms to pry open shellfish and then expand their stomachs to wrap around and swallow the contents of the shell.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:57 am
Jishin
Flanny-Chan
How does a Staryu eat?

Presumably like any other starfish -- its stomach is on the underside. They use their arms to pry open shellfish and then expand their stomachs to wrap around and swallow the contents of the shell.

YUCK! gonk

But if a Staryu turns around, you can't see anything of a stomach. How's that possible?  

Flanny-Chan

Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces