Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iCamui

8,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:45 am
I have always known that every fan has a story to tell as to how they instantly became a fan and how long we've all been one.
This is a discussion about sharing those stories.
Weather you have been a fan of him for a long time to even just recently, you can feel free to share your stories.

This is a Sticky due to it's an open book to get to know fellow Gackt fans better.

The rules are simple:
Stay on topic
Do not bash other members
Feel free to share your similarities to Gackt if possible, just don't let it stray from sharing your own personal experience as a fan though.
Have Fun!  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:48 am
Well, my story isn't this long and seems so shallow. I found out about Gackt about a year ago through Gaia. I was around the forums where I spotted many Gackt signatures. To tell the truth it took me some time to figure out that Gackt was a guy, then I went on and listened to Vanilla (Oh so typical) and BAM... Gackt fangirl was created.
As for similarities I'm left handed I love cell phones (I know he does) and I'm a perfectionist.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

iKaotic Infinity

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:00 am
Well, it's pretty simple.
I was in my freshman year of high school and a couple friends were looking for a picture to use for an rp character. They came across one of Gackt, who we didn't know at the time. Upon further inspection, we found out who he was and they began listening to his music.

At first I was skeptical about listening to Japanese music, but I eventually gave in, and now he's my favorite musician.

It's funny, because I'm really the only one of my friends that still keep up with his music and such.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:54 am
For me, It happened way back in 1996 where I went to a friend's house and all the adults went out for a movie. We had an Asian babysitter and he was listening to some Japanese music. We asked what it was and who and all that. Turned out to be Gackt and the cast of Malice Mizer. I was so instantly hooked, my friend however thought it was weird and could not understand the language and was the type: "If it isn't in English.. I'm not gonna listen to it." type of person. That was the start of my legacy of being a fan. Now, several years later I am still hooked. My transit from Malice to Gackt's Solo Career was really smooth back in 1999. Like everyone else, I was shocked when he left, but I knew for whatever reason it was I was more like "I'll continue to support you, even if you separate from them, I just want you to be happy." Then, I was always up to par with friends always helping me out until 2004 is where my own personal collection began, although now it has been about 6 years now worth of collecting and my collection has still a bunch of holes in it.. I'm still working to have it all complete soon enough. I know with time and effort that will eventually work for me.

My writing preference is both. I can write either right or left.
I usually write in Left, unless I get rather bored and switch to my right. Most people think I'm right-handed though, only my family knows I'm born both.

My own personal similarities to Gackt:
I am a perfectionist. I strive for Perfection in just about everything I do. I used to be a Pianist and I picked it up again when I was 14 of age. I met someone who was better at me at Piano and now we are both rivals. I am just NOT going to lose to an old childhood friend of mine. >< I have the ambition to be number one in everything I do. But, there are others, but I'll stop right there, before I get too carried away.

As to near-death experiences, I've had plenty of them, but I'm still alive and well. ^^  

iCamui

8,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Citizen 200

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:48 pm
My obsession with Gackt started off when I was living in New Jersey and I told a friend of mine that I was into J-Rock and he told me I'm going to show you this one guy that you might be interested in. He showed me youtube videos of Gackt in his Redemption and Returner and I got instantly hooked. Why? Because he's hot and he has a really nice voice.

Twice in my life I had my hair up in french braids just like he did when he performed Lust For Blood on stage.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:24 am
I would have to say mine is a bit of an odd one, it all started back in 2007 after a friend of mine had read my second novel and came to realise that the description of my Samurai was Gackt... how weird is that..? I too was eek shocked when he sent me a pic of him dressed as Samurai and it was indeed my character, the only difference is my Samurai is left handed biggrin . Also to top it off it was really, really weird but i seem to recognise him, like i know him, i mean on a personal level but i don't know how... and it has creeped me out ever since, 'cos every time i see or hear him sing, i'm like i know you?... But how do i know you? sweatdrop

Until that day i knew nothing about him, and now i have become a huge fan.
My similarity to him is, i too at the age of seven had a near-death experience.  

Kanshinin san

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Edward 100

nevaboht

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:03 am
On my trip to Japan i was watching TV and saw GHOST live on one of the shows... Instant fan and own his RR2 DVD razz  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:55 am
Kanshinin san
I would have to say mine is a bit of an odd one, it all started back in 2007 after a friend of mine had read my second novel and came to realise that the description of my Samurai was Gackt... how weird is that..? I too was eek shocked when he sent me a pic of him dressed as Samurai and it was indeed my character, the only difference is my Samurai is left handed biggrin . Also to top it off it was really, really weird but i seem to recognise him, like i know him, i mean on a personal level but i don't know how... and it has creeped me out ever since, 'cos every time i see or hear him sing, i'm like i know you?... But how do i know you? sweatdrop

Until that day i knew nothing about him, and now i have become a huge fan.
My similarity to him is, i too at the age of seven had a near-death experience.

Gackt can use both hands equally (ambidextrous) Which makes him more like your samurai smile  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

ldyblu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:34 am
I've been a Gackt fan for years, so how I became one is kinda fuzzy and pretty long, so I'll leave out a lot of details. For the most part, it's because my best friend introduced me to Fullmetal Alchemist and I became a fan of L'arc and then Hyde's solo music (and you can't be a Hyde fan without finding out who Gackt is!). But I first started liking him before I even heard his post-Malice Mizer music. I'm not a fan of them, but my lil sis likes MM and she wanted me to help her find some of their music videos. We came across Gackt and Kami performing Regret. I LOVED it, and of course, had to find an arrangement and learn to play it myself. Gackt's piano skills are just as impressive as the music he writes. Before this, we had watched Moon Child because it had Hyde, as a vampire, in it. Both of these failed to cause me to search out Gackt's solo music (why??? I have NO idea) Either way, my sis told me to listen to Last Song. I listened to Missing instead and my reaction was: Ehhh... It's cute and his voice is nice. A few days later, I listened to the rest of his Moon album and fell in love with Rain. I listened to it on repeat for quite some time. I've been a Gackt fan ever since. His ballads are incredible!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:36 pm
This first song was Todokanai Ai to Shitteita no ni Osae Kirezu ni Aishitsuzuketa
I loved the song so I started searching information about the artist  

Kitschingto

Peacecat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 am
I haven't even started being a fan of Gackt until this year! I was watching a Japanese drama called "The Temptest" and when I finished it, I was like. Wow! The bad guy was awesome! So I searched him up on the internet and then on youtube. I started watching him in variety shows and listened to his songs. Man was he amazing or what??? biggrin I really fell hard in love with him! xd He had an amazing voice, had amazing acting skills, is really funny, keeps his cool, and always confident in what ever he says. Well that's how I became a BIG fan of his! smile  
Gackt - Official Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games