Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
In search for the perfect teacher!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Monsier Caderousse

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:40 pm
Alrighty, then!
So I'm searching for someone who considers them self to know a great deal of knowledge. Since I can't be on Gaia all the time, I'd like to text you some questions and we could communicate through there. However, I need to know where you live(country/state, etc.) first to confirm if I'll be able to text you.
Msn, works too, put I'd prefer to text, so its sort - of like a friend - teacher thing if you know what I mean. c:

I'll discuss more about this further on.
Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:20 pm
You've managed to catch my interest and probably a few others who've looked at this post, but I think you need to seal the deal by offering up some details.

Like... What sort of knowledge are you talking?
If you're talking Occult: then you need either someone who has knowledge about specific subjects you're interested in and has similar feelings/opinions on those subjects to you; or you need someone who knows about many subjects, opinions, theories, etc. without establishing anything subjective as known fact.

If you're looking for #1: They'd need details on your occult background.

If you're looking for #2: You'd just need to find someone willing and aware of the varying opinions and feelings out there regarding occult subjects, which would be harder to find, but probably better for your overall progress and mentality if you don't already have a decided opinion on certain things.

If you don't know what you're looking for specifically, I'd suggest that you offer up details on yourself and your interests so that we can assist you.  

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200

Monsier Caderousse

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:59 pm
Abbot_Natalis
You've managed to catch my interest and probably a few others who've looked at this post, but I think you need to seal the deal by offering up some details.

Like... What sort of knowledge are you talking?
If you're talking Occult: then you need either someone who has knowledge about specific subjects you're interested in and has similar feelings/opinions on those subjects to you; or you need someone who knows about many subjects, opinions, theories, etc. without establishing anything subjective as known fact.

If you're looking for #1: They'd need details on your occult background.

If you're looking for #2: You'd just need to find someone willing and aware of the varying opinions and feelings out there regarding occult subjects, which would be harder to find, but probably better for your overall progress and mentality if you don't already have a decided opinion on certain things.

If you don't know what you're looking for specifically, I'd suggest that you offer up details on yourself and your interests so that we can assist you.

Well, I mean discuss just about everything dealing with the Occult. From the past to future, witchcraft, parapsychology. I know its pretty broad but just to keep things interesting and flowing, if you know what I mean. I guess you could say I'm looking for both number 1 and 2.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:07 pm
I doubt that one person knows enough to teach you about everything occult. If so, they're probably using books or internet which you can do yourself. Try shorting your request like just to vampires and get 1 teacher who excels in that. Then choose black magic and get another teacher who excels in that. See where I'm going at?  

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:23 pm
There really isn't enough really knowledge to have anybody teach you one subject, because there isn't really enough occult knowledge out there for anyone to truly specialize. Find someone who is well-versed in a great many things, but keep in mind that you're both learning.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:31 pm
Exactly what I'm looking for in terms of a teacher. If all they did was teach, I think they'd lose interest pretty quickly, don't you think? By us both learning, it is more beneficial and fascinating since we've got a partner.

mainly, I live out here in Florida and I don't really have any way of communicating with someone who is knowledgable and that's my way of learning. Through people..books are just basic for me. Anyone can do it. I just want a pleasant experience and have opinions on the matter. Making any sense?  

Monsier Caderousse

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:08 pm
Makes perfect sense.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:29 pm
try vsociety  

p33p33s

Kitten

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:59 pm
Well I always offer my services in the way of teaching because thats just what I do. I generally consider myself knowledgeable about most aspects of the occult... minus the fact that I don't find herbalism or alchemy very interesting and consider them more pre-versions of medicine and chemistry. Though I do know a bit about biology and health etc. I know very little about chemistry and I enjoy physics a bit more though I like quantum theory better.

In anycase I would consider those subjects as pretty much my only real deficite in knowledge base. I also prefere studying myths vs. religions and the storries associated with religions vs. the actual application of the storries. I don't like prescriptive ethics. I don't like wiccans as a general rule... I just haven't met one which wasn't hokey... and I think that the three fold rule is BS. I prefere Karma. I study AP and the nature of the soul quite extensively... the rule of will. I like thelema. I don't believe that you need in anyway to involve gods or goddess' in magic to do magic. I don't dislike using dieties as a means to power if people properly understand the context of their actions. I think some otherkin are just furries who take things to a bit of an extreme. /I don't think you can even BE an otherkin until you can successfully AP without any error and that your senses are perfected to a degree where in you aren't being completely subjective and deluded in what you see...

I think that physical manipulation is very difficult but its a worthy persuit if you have freetime. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I don't mind texting I have unlimited. I don't really use the computer much... I'm bored quite frequently and always opt for good conversation  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:36 am
Teaching sounds great in one form, but to what true extent I don't know.
Besides it would help if I didn't have a distaste for texting.

But since you live in Florida, try finding a old business base in Jacksonville called the Raven's Nest.
Not sure if there still in business though. Last time I was there I was still an E3.

Good people however.
Wish I could give you more.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Musubi P.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:21 am
Well the word "occult" is a pretty broad term. What specifically do you mean. Do you want to learn about the left hand path? (Vanamchara, the church of satan, the temple of set)

Or do you yearn for something safer and more practical and would like to master some of the modern new age techniques of healing and alternative medicine (that's my expertise, If you wanna talk my msn is in my profile), or maybe you want enlightenment and want to experience satori/ samathi?

Or maybe you want to have an experience, and just want a lucid dream or oobe?
Or maybe you just want to talk about occult philosophy?

It would be nice if you would be more specific?

Actually since you seem to be american there are many organizations (meaning actual schools of magic/religions) that would gladly accept you.

But I'll gladly talk to you via msn.

But I have msn on my cell, and I work and study from home so I'm generally here.

I just don't socialize a lot that's why no one knows me.
(I don't treat it as a bad things though smile )  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:23 pm
Monsier Caderousse
Alrighty, then!
So I'm searching for someone who considers them self to know a great deal of knowledge. Since I can't be on Gaia all the time, I'd like to text you some questions and we could communicate through there. However, I need to know where you live(country/state, etc.) first to confirm if I'll be able to text you.
Msn, works too, put I'd prefer to text, so its sort - of like a friend - teacher thing if you know what I mean. c:

I'll discuss more about this further on.
Thanks!

There are no perfect teachers, Only Good students. If you want a perfect teacher.. teach yourself.

--Tori  

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Naynram Ukir

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:36 pm
Some people would say the perfect teacher is yourself, or experience. 3nodding
Others might say a perfect teacher outside of yourself is a person to show you what to look at, in order to teach yourself. As well as being able to help you along minor steps.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:08 pm
It really tends to work better if you find someone who has what you want, and ask them to teach you.

Asking for volunteers means you can get ego-driven results.  

PrometheanSet

Lilithiann

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:15 pm
VixenxVittoria

There are no perfect teachers, Only Good students. If you want a perfect teacher.. teach yourself.

--Tori

Exactly!  
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces