Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply "Other" ~ non-related discussions
Sony...ARE F@GG0T$!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeshien

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:41 am
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/28/ps3-firmware-v3-21-update/

even the link says it all...the Firmware update 3.21..I am
dissapointed...really bummed..Sonys fat ps3
was sorta like a computer..with its nice Linux Browser..
But now since it OtherOs feature(Other operating system) got removed...The Slim never had the browser...that used to be the difference between the fat and the slim..Y'know what the difference is between the fat and the slim now? "ITS JUST HEAVIER!@!@#%@".

Yup no Internet Browser for the fat Ps3 now..Simply they removed it cuz they think hackers found a way to illegally play Roms thru Linux..AN UPDATE WITH NO UPS AT ALL! a damn downgrade more like it...Microsoft really did piss me off with RROD when i had my 360...But microsoft had never ever REMOVED a feature even when they updated the xbox original dashboard with the 'new xbox experience' menu..

So at the moment, Sony has proved that they are WAY more pathetic then Microsoft (no offence to 360 users,i used a 360 once! was great while it lasted)
It was a bad move sony...to remove the otheros feature..
if i knew u would do that, i would have spent 400 NZ dollars on a slim then frieken buying a fat for 700$!so much of a bad move that hackers are so fired up..we are now more dedicated to Cracking ur Console!Not to mention the 3.21 and the 3.30 update is giving people problems with their console (including slims) problems like their controllers not responding,not reading Blu-ray discs,the yellow light of death and internet problems...

sorry if im acting too a**l guys...just blowing off some steam..
ill calm down now.. what do u think?  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:38 pm
That is old news. The patch has been out since April First like the report. and the report itself was from March 28th. I have a fat PS3 and not only is it up to date, it has the browser still.
All it did was remove the option to change the Ps3 to another OS. I still do not see what the giant deal is? (i own a desktop computer, Laptop and a PS3 fat) Big whoop you could not make the PS3 a computer with Linux but to be fair...why? Why make it a computer when you already have a computer? Is it because of TV surfing? There is a thing called S-Video? but if you don't have that, just get the cords that will work. nothing big.

So if you want to browse the internet on the PS3, use the damn built in browser and deal with it or just go back on the computer.  

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100

Aeshien

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:16 am
Parth Makeo
That is old news. The patch has been out since April First like the report. and the report itself was from March 28th. I have a fat PS3 and not only is it up to date, it has the browser still.
All it did was remove the option to change the Ps3 to another OS. I still do not see what the giant deal is? (i own a desktop computer, Laptop and a PS3 fat) Big whoop you could not make the PS3 a computer with Linux but to be fair...why? Why make it a computer when you already have a computer? Is it because of TV surfing? There is a thing called S-Video? but if you don't have that, just get the cords that will work. nothing big.

So if you want to browse the internet on the PS3, use the damn built in browser and deal with it or just go back on the computer.

I know this is old news,but fawk it makes me angry D:
it was a big whoop to me cuz the slims came in NZ while my birthday (september) was coming up. i had a choice of getting a slim or a fat. i chose the fat that cost an xtra 300$ or sumthin.
JUST BECAUSE OF OTHEROS,im angry and it is a big whoop to me cuz they dam removed an advertised feature,which costs me 300 or so bucks down the drain,but since u say there is a patch..could u tell me where you found it? was it just normal
the normal ps3 updates at the website orrr a patch from the hacking community. i heard 3.30 was still a buggy firmware O.o"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:36 am
i don't remember, i did the update like april 5th and that was it for now. I didn't see anything major besides the Other OS feature gone. Plus if you wanted to still use OS, you could ignore the patch download, but then you can't use the store or internet. So i can see why you are pissed.  

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100

Aeshien

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:44 pm
Parth Makeo
i don't remember, i did the update like april 5th and that was it for now. I didn't see anything major besides the Other OS feature gone. Plus if you wanted to still use OS, you could ignore the patch download, but then you can't use the store or internet. So i can see why you are pissed.

uhm,could you tell me what firmware you are on?
and im gonna start searching now without me updating,
i wont be able to play Red Dead Redemption..thats another reason why i am sad D;  
"Other" ~ non-related discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games