Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Drawing critique

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krystal_digitaliS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:14 pm
User Image

i drew this recently, and i was wondering if any of you had an idea on how i could improve my drawing technique? Any help or critique would be much appreciated.. and yes it is kate moss with an eyepatch.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:13 pm
The shade was done pretty good biggrin the light 's clear and she does got sexy lips lol

ok here's the thing... from looking at the picture looks like you were trying to draw straight face or may be I was wrong but the right (my right) part of the face... ooks a lil too high :
or even if u try to draw from the side, the nose n the mouth still look straight :

but I can say : good job! smile  

starlightskyblue

Jenudi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:22 am
it is done pretty well. when I draw I usually do not make things look realistic. This is one of my more simple/beginner ones. I really like painting.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:33 pm
yuikami
The shade was done pretty good biggrin the light 's clear and she does got sexy lips lol

ok here's the thing... from looking at the picture looks like you were trying to draw straight face or may be I was wrong but the right (my right) part of the face... ooks a lil too high :
or even if u try to draw from the side, the nose n the mouth still look straight :

but I can say : good job! smile

Thanks for the adivce, i will put it to use in my next drawing, muaha  

Krystal_digitaliS

Wind Dancer IX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:39 pm
Wow! That is amazing! Amazing job with shading, exept for her right cheek, it seems as if your shaded it just a bit too dark. Other than that you are an amazing artist!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:37 am
dancerintheroom
Wow! That is amazing! Amazing job with shading, exept for her right cheek, it seems as if your shaded it just a bit too dark. Other than that you are an amazing artist!

thankyou smile i'll upload another drawing later, when it's finished. its not as good as this one sad but oh well  

Krystal_digitaliS

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:20 pm
It looks good and really realistic, but the face looks slanted. I don't know how to explain it, but yeah. ACtually, maybe its just me? Ahaha! I don't know. But I really like it! It reminds me of the old 70's posters. AHaha!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:35 pm
mrmrs_sukiher
It looks good and really realistic, but the face looks slanted. I don't know how to explain it, but yeah. ACtually, maybe its just me? Ahaha! I don't know. But I really like it! It reminds me of the old 70's posters. AHaha!

yteah, its slkanted but not in the actual drawing, its cos i don't have a scanner and i had to take a photo of it and well, the photo turned out retarded  

Krystal_digitaliS

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:41 pm
Oh okay! In that case, then it's really good! I still love it! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:58 pm
Thankyou  

Krystal_digitaliS

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:36 am
I was also going to say something about the slanting, but that has been discussed. In that case, what I recommend, *since you're a realist* is thoroughly studying human anatomy and bone and muscle structure. How it moves, how it casts light, and so on.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:42 am
Jfo
it is done pretty well. when I draw I usually do not make things look realistic. This is one of my more simple/beginner ones. I really like painting.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

it's not nice to show your work in other people's topic confused
it just literary not nice  

starlightskyblue

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas