Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply Kingdom Hearts
cloud,leon(?),cid,and most of ff7??????why are they there?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dolphinbear1

7,925 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:33 am
i cant stand it y r they there and y is squall called leon?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:54 am
Cause its Square Enix
that why saying
why are disney charcters in it

i think they are allowed ton use their own video game characters int heir own game.  

UltraMegaDethChicken

khforever12

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:02 am
I know I hate them also at kingdom hearts 1 yuffie almost called leon squall but I am confused also there are barely any ff9 characters besides vivi  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:25 am
The FF creators only allowed the Kingdom Hearts people to use certain things. They only allowed them to use Squall with Leon as his name, as well as give him long hair and make him somewhat less anti-social. Or Auron as a young man, The Gullwings as fairies. And Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie as little kids. I think, myself, it's pretty messed up that the FF7 character are the only ones not messed up because they are popular. Which I believe means, that the creators saw all the other FF games to be harder to attain than FF7.

Also, nowhere in FF8 or in Dissidia was Squall ever called Leon. Since his last name is Leonhart. Obviously, the creators weren't big on Kingdom Hearts using their characters. That they only allowed them to use them a certain way. To me, Kingdom Hearts messed up FF and Disney. I was disappointed at how badly chopped up The Little Mermaid was.

Eclairsu

Eclairsu

Princess Kitten

Kaos Relinade
Crew

Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:52 am
Squall is called Leon because he feels he should not be called Squall until the Heartless are gone.

Kingdom Hearts Wiki
He took the name Leon to distance himself from his past self -- the man who stood helpless as Heartless invaded his home.

Disney didn't have much to do with YRP's look either:

Kingdom Hearts Wiki
The reason for making the Gullwings "pixie-like" beings was because Tetsuya Nomura [Final Fantasy's Chief Character Designer] wanted to have Final Fantasy characters appear in a non-human form that still appeared human, and the Kingdom Hearts series seemed to be the ideal scenario to do so. He chose their fairy forms, as he believed that they would look interesting and because he believed that the screen would be too crowded if the camera focused on all three of them at once if they were in their normal human forms.

Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie appear as kids (I assume at least) because it would be a bit strange for a 17 year old guy (Tidus), a 23 year old guy (Wakka) and a 17 year old girl (Selphie) to all be hanging around with a bunch of kids.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:08 pm
krozza
Squall is called Leon because he feels he should not be called Squall until the Heartless are gone.

Kingdom Hearts Wiki
He took the name Leon to distance himself from his past self -- the man who stood helpless as Heartless invaded his home.

Kingdom Hearts Wiki
The reason for making the Gullwings "pixie-like" beings was because Tetsuya Nomura [Final Fantasy's Chief Character Designer] wanted to have Final Fantasy characters appear in a non-human form that still appeared human, and the Kingdom Hearts series seemed to be the ideal scenario to do so. He chose their fairy forms, as he believed that they would look interesting and because he believed that the screen would be too crowded if the camera focused on all three of them at once if they were in their normal human forms.

Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie appear as kids (I assume at least) because it would be a bit strange for a 17 year old guy (Tidus), a 23 year old guy (Wakka) and a 17 year old girl (Selphie) to all be hanging around with a bunch of kids.

But in the end, it's the creators decision. And btw, before Silver Ark had left this guild. You hated on him for using Wiki. Calling the cattle black I see.  

Eclairsu

Eclairsu

Princess Kitten

Kaos Relinade
Crew

Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:35 pm
Yes it is the creators decision, but the creators were Square-Enix and Disney. Oh and by the way, the phrase is "calling the kettle black", and I wasn't "hating on him" for using Wiki, I merely suggested that it wasn't always the most reputable of sources. But if you want to go down that road, I'll tell you where Wiki got those particular quotes.

The one about Leon can be found in Kingdom Hearts II itself, it's in Jiminy Cricket's Journal. Here is a link to a transcript of the journal.

The one about Nomura is from an interview with Nomura himself. Here is a link to the interview.

So before you start getting high and mighty with me, know this: I wouldn't have used the Wiki quotes if I thought they were wrong. I do have a tendancy to do a bit of research before I start to tell people things. I don't just read something somewhere and automatically think "Hey this website says such and such, it must be true!!".

Anyway back on topic... I liked the fact that they included a few Final Fantasy characters in the first Kingdom Hearts, I wasn't exactly thrilled that they brought so many extra in for the second one, but I can live with it. It just adds a bit of familiarity for those of us who love Final Fantasy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:05 pm
Kaos Relinade

Kingdom Hearts Wiki

Kingdom Hearts Wiki

ya i read that a day ago so thats y his names changed hmm  

dolphinbear1

7,925 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
Kingdom Hearts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items