Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Dreams

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fumetsu Hime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:25 pm
I saw a similar topic on here, and I thought it was a good idea. I feel the people here could give me the most insight.

So, I constantly am having these very dark dreams.

The first one, I was in an older home. It was fairly large. I was walking down the hallway, when I entered one of the rooms. As I stood in the center of the seemingly empty bedroom, I felt that something was watching me. I looked all around, but saw nothing. It occured to me, that if it isn't on the wall or the floors, it must be on the ceiling. I slowly looked up, and there attatched to the ceiling was a large pale creature. Its skin was so white it looked alien like, and it had large claws on its hands and feet. It appeared to be sleeping, but I decided "Oh, what a great time to scream." So thats exactly what I did. I screamed bloody murder and I couldnt stop. And well what do you know, it woke up. My dream ended with it slowly dropping off the ceiling onto me.

The second, I was again in an older home. Me and a group of children were being taught by professor mcgonagall from harry potter how to defend ourselves. (WTF?!) I grew tired of it, and left. I knew they were all dissapointed tho, so I came back. A war was starting. the professor told me and the children to go up into the attic and hide in the burlap sacks. We hid, and suddenly heard a rythmic drumming sound. in my mind, I could see a ferocious medusa looking woman approaching the house with a group of beasts. Me and the children could hear the sounds of fighting downstairs. Then we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. It suddenly stopped. thinking they were safe, some of the children crawled out of the sacks, and were shot by whoever was there. it was silent again, until more kids thought it was safe. they too were shot. finally we heard the footsteps go back downstairs. the remaining children and i got out of the sacks. by this point i was so frightened, i took control of my dream and led the kids downstairs to fight the monsters and we won haha.

Those were just a couple of my dreams. I dont know if they mean anything, but pretty much all my dreams are like this. If you have anything to say about it, id love it if you would post. heart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:50 am
Since no one has tried to help you, I'll see what I can make of it.

Both dreams can be placed in two separate categories. The first being a mental fear blockage of not knowing or not wanting to know. Since the dream ends just as you experience the creature there is no way to figure out what the unknown part is.

And the second from my knowledge would be placed in a conscious over saturation of the mind. Since its filled with items and figures you easily recognize. Usually caused by listening to the radio or watching tv as you go to sleep.
Your brain slips in between alpha and beta, then to theta. Subsequent information is played back in random order.
Happens allot with heavy readers too, as with me and my Dean Koontz days.
I can say Iv had more disturbing dreams, but then those are nightmares aren't they?  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Ravyn LaRoux

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:55 am

/injecthumor

My friend once had a dream that she and I were recruited to fight in the Wizard Civil War, aiding General Stonewall Jackson against Voldemort and his devious assistant named Tiffany.

I once had a dream that I was locked in my basement, shrunk down to miniature size, with Princess Leia ( buns and all ) and we had to use spears to fight off a giant scorpion-tarantula hybrid.

/thatwasnothelpful

Firstly, does that creature mean anything to you? In your mind, what does it represent, and have you ever seen it before? If so, in what context? Same questions for the location/setting.

For the second dream, I would have to agree with Obo; it sounds like a strange combination of things that were floating around in your subconscious before you fell asleep, and that's how your brain chose to deal with them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:47 pm
whenever a person dreams they are in a house that house is usually representative of their psyche or whats going on in your subconscious. the rooms are parts of yourself. the actions in the house are allegorical representations of fears/truths/ect that you are either unsure about or having trouble dealing with. Stairs in a house deals with sexuality. Children in a house has to do with growing up. Being taught to defend yourself might be a way of letting the inner child feel empowered in someway and able to move toward catching up with wherever you are on the path. The weird thing in the ceiling might be a representation of your self esteem. You fear people don't like you because of something ( real or imagined) and you lack acceptance because of that. the fact that it was in the ceiling and you didn't see it right away might say that you're trying to hide this insecurity but you must deal with whats in the room however you can. Screaming at yourself about it won't make it go away.

Hope it helps dear.

-- Maura  

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash