Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
A question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Broken Ballad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:35 pm
On multiple accounts I have seen a cat. The cat isn't living though. I tend to see the cat when I'm upset or lonely. Every time I do see it though, I get a sense of peace; a feeling that tells me everything is going to be okay. Then, just as when it appeared, it disappears. I know it's not just my imagination. I've had multiple encounters with the same cat over the past two years. Too many to play off as I'm just seeing things. What do you think it could be? I'm not big on jumping to conclusions without knowing more about the subject.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:05 pm
Gonna need a bit more detail... So, you're just minding your own business, doing your thing, and a cat appears? The same cat every time, I suppose?  

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:06 pm
Do you believe in Animal Guides? It seems like to me the Cat was trying to portray a message. And give it to you. If it truly is gone and disappeared. then it's a guide. If it comes back it might be your power animal.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:39 pm
Abbot_Natalis Exactly the same, every time. Same size, color, etc. And, like I said when I posted this thread, I tend to see it when I'm lonely or upset.

Nekico If an Animal Guide is the same thing as an Animal Totem, then yes I do. I actually thought of that. Up until this point I've only been aware of having a dog as one of my Totems.

Broken Ballad

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:50 pm
No a Animal Guide and Animal Totem is two completely different things.

A Animal Guide is the spirit of a animal or a physical animal that comes to you carrying a message or try to get you back on they path your walking.

A Animal totem is the animal that attunes to you. It basically the animal you mostly portray.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:43 pm
Could be Bast, I suppose. Do you do any deity work at all? Or does it not "feel" divine?

On another note, is it possible that at one point this was a real cat that you saw or owned at one point in time?  

erinnightwalker

Broken Ballad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:09 am
erinnightwalker I haven't done anything in the Occult field besides study. If I have seen it before, I don't recall, and I've only owned one cat before, but it was a completely different type.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:57 am
In these types of phenomenon situations I always recommend the common sense approach of "if it's not hurting me leave it alone" and " if it's helping me I hope it stays around."

Humans are always trying to define that which we don't understand, it's our nature. But honestly.. if you are having the experience and the 'whatever cat' isn't hurting anything i'd say just go with the flow and maybe put out a small offering for it's help. Like a cat toy or some water. something like that. Sprinkle some cat n** around. Just accept that you have a friend and cherish it like any other friend by showing your appreciation how ever you can. Don't be so concerned about 'what' or 'how'. It's not there to hurt you so you say..so i would not be concerned about these things if i were you. That is just my opinion.

--Vittoria  

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games