Welcome to Gaia! ::

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Writing: Prose
Bailey (Tell me what you think its a rough edit)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

0rgasmic 0reo

Unforgiving Sex Symbol

9,725 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:01 pm
So this is where is all starts. Highschool I mean. The place they say either makes you or breaks you. Where human will is tested. There wrong you know. Highschool is full of lies, hope, and lost dreams. Highschool is a place we populars thrive and everyone else withers into nothing unless your of course the nerd who will run a company more popular than microsoft. For everyone else your nightmare begins. Who am I? I have many names. Nerd, Dweb, Geek, and my favorite loser beyond repair. For now call me Bailey.

Chapter 1
" Move it b***h," she said as she slams me into the locker. She walks away laughing with a bunch of her stuck up friends.
Well aren't you cool I think to myself. The daily stuggle of a nobody. Sure I could have fought back. Give he a clever comback like f you or sorry I won't let it happen again but who the hell really cares. Just your typical day at Greater Lowell Tech. Besides I can always get my a** kicked tomorrow. So, the story continues.

I rush home today. Ryan's coming. The only person who gets me in this lonely world. He's the only person in this world who I don't think of murdering on a regular basis. I slam my door shut. Big mistake on my part. I hear him running towards me. Brace yourself.

"What the hells wrong with you. Where the ******** are you rushing of to!" Meet my dad. A big, giant waste of space. I have this theory. If he dies two people could take his place. Two people who won't sit on their asses all day getting drunk. I don't know what I did to make him so pissed at me all the time. He wasn't always like this just ever since mom died things changed. Now he's just not the same.He takes a swing at his beer.
"Sorry I didn't mean too," I say trying my very best to get past him. I get that familiar pain in my gut hoping to avoid what comes next.
He grabs my arm and I cry out in pain. Then he slaps me square across my face.
"You know your a real pain in my a**," he says, his hot breath sending chills up my spine. A drop of blood rolls to the floor.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:34 am
moved to the writing prose subforum

Intersting that you chose to write the story in present tense instead of the traditional past tense.

Quote:

So this is where is all starts. Highschool I mean. The place they say either makes you or breaks you. Where human will is tested. There wrong you know. Highschool is full of lies, hope, and lost dreams. Highschool is a place we populars thrive and everyone else withers into nothing unless your of course the nerd who will run a company more popular than microsoft. For everyone else your nightmare begins. Who am I? I have many names. Nerd, Dweb, Geek, and my favorite loser beyond repair. For now call me Bailey.

Quote:
Highschool is full of lies, hopes, and lost dreams
I would give an adjective like crushed to hopes because that adds to the feeling of highschool sucks.
Microsoft is a company and should be capitalized.

You said earlier in the paragraph that this is a place that popular people like you thrive, and then at the end you call your self a loser beyond repair. Just a little conflicting smile

Quote:
" Move it b***h," she said as she slams me into the locker. She walks away laughing with a bunch of her stuck up friends.

next time please put enters between your paragraphs, not just time breaks.

Quote:
Give he a clever comback like f you or sorry I won't let it happen again but who the hell really cares.

Quote:
"What the hells wrong with you.

Quote:
He takes a swing at his beer.
I am not an expert when it comes to drugs, so is swing the right verb?

interesting that you use astriks when saying a**, but not asses.

Interesting story so far.

It seems more of a diary entry type of story and since it's coming from a girl, then put more ranting and complaining. There are a couple of times in scattered areas though that I can see where the thought process is going, but because of lack of punctuation the ideas are kind of blended (did that make any sense? sweatdrop )  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Writing: Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces