Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:12 am
So liek, I still play Pokemon yellow, si?
And I decided I wanted to train my pokemon to lvl 100 with the elite four so that they got extra EVs and what not. Now my team are level 100, but I still feel they aren't as strong as they could be.
I heard that you can still EV train level 100's on yellow, but I don't know how. I tried searching on google, but I either got guides for Gen 4 games, or when somebody asked if its possible, they just got a "Yes, you can" answer.
Does anybody know how to do this? And if so, please tell me, I'd love to have the stats stronger.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:32 pm
I am far from an expert on GEN 1, but isn't the whole EV/IV system different?

I think smogon has an article on Gen 1 training...  

Bulbasauurr

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 pm
I'm with Bulba on this.

I suggest either trying Smogon, BulbaGarden, or just checking with a Competitive Guild here on Gaia.

Or wait for one of our experienced competitives, though I'm unsure as to how many people will know about Gen 1 EVs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:43 pm
Yeah, I had a feeling that would be the case. ^^;;;
I'll definitely check out Smogon, but I don't know if that would just be an EV guide for individual pokemon or if it can tell me how to EV train lvl 100's.
o3o

Also, this is off topic, but it makes me happy to see that the icons and buttons in the guilds for posting haven't been altered xD

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:03 pm
NikiPaprika
I'll definitely check out Smogon, but I don't know if that would just be an EV guide for individual pokemon or if it can tell me how to EV train lvl 100's.
o3o

Also, this is off topic, but it makes me happy to see that the icons and buttons in the guilds for posting haven't been altered xD

You probably won't find a guide for how to EV train in RBY, unless you use a time machine site. Sites like Smogon and Bulbapedia will have guides for general EV training, such as what EVs are, how they interact with IVs, which Pokémon give which EVs, and so forth, but those are for the third and fourth gens only. And there isn't really such a thing as EV training guides for individual Pokémon, unless you meant EV spreads (e.g. training a Lucario to be a physical sweeper, or a special sweeper), so you don't have to worry about that.

However, like everyone else said, the EV/IV system in RBY/GSC is drastically different than the one in all the later gens, so you'd probably be much better off asking on Smogon for help, since I only know the differences in the systems via IVs. holy s**t tippy doesn't know something what is this i don't even

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:25 am
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
NikiPaprika
o3o

You probably won't find a guide for how to EV train in RBY, unless you use a time machine site. Sites like Smogon and Bulbapedia will have guides for general EV training, such as what EVs are, how they interact with IVs, which Pokémon give which EVs, and so forth, but those are for the third and fourth gens only. And there isn't really such a thing as EV training guides for individual Pokémon, unless you meant EV spreads (e.g. training a Lucario to be a physical sweeper, or a special sweeper), so you don't have to worry about that.

However, like everyone else said, the EV/IV system in RBY/GSC is drastically different than the one in all the later gens, so you'd probably be much better off asking on Smogon for help, since I only know the differences in the systems via IVs. holy s**t tippy doesn't know something what is this i don't even

Maaaan...
Yeah, i noticed that, which is why I asked here for some advice. I know that there is a way to EV train pokemon (maybe not for certain builds, but to certainly max out stats), and I would just like to know how to do it.
Do you know any of those types of sites at all? It would be really handy if I could find somewhere, but I don't know how or where to start looking. I've tried googling stuff, but it's either really really old and inactive, or doesn't have what I'm looking for.

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:11 am
Oh my goodness!
I finally found an answer, that I thought at first was a rumour, but ye gods, it actually works! 8D
It may make everything go up 1 point, but that's something that will take no time at all with Dodrio Speed on Stadium! 83

Woo hoo! I'ma get my surfing pikachu tonight! >:3

Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff