Reply Pokémon Defenders
Breeding & IVs...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:19 pm
Hello. I have a quick question for some of you com.bat pros.

Is it bad that I only aim for 20s in my IV breeding? Will it really make THAT much of a difference if I don't go to whole 31?

Thanks
Bulb  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:09 pm
Depends on who you go up against.

In venues like the VGCs/Worlds, it's super important, since most of your opponents will have bred for 31s or as close to them as they could get. But in lesser venues, nah, it doesn't matter much. From what I've seen, most people tend to shoot for something in the 20s, usually around 25 (or higher, if they're feeling particularly ambitious).

Personally, I don't breed for IVs, but that's probably because I always breed broodmares/studs with a Ditto and all my Dittos have 31s across the board, so the offspring's bound to inherit good IVs. xd

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:22 pm
That is probably an all around better tactic. xD

I just want to use my favorites in a team that I can play for fun with. I don't really care much about loosing... but I'd at least like to stand a chance. sweatdrop Thanks for the input Tippy. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:57 pm
Bulbasauurr
That is probably an all around better tactic. xD

I just want to use my favorites in a team that I can play for fun with. I don't really care much about loosing... but I'd at least like to stand a chance. sweatdrop Thanks for the input Tippy. 3nodding

Yeah bro. If you're not super-duper serious about this and just want a team so you can battle for fun, don't even worry about IVs.  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:12 pm
k cause i was stressin so much my bulb was withering

Can we battle sometime?

It'll be pretty much a +1 W for you considering I'm making a team out of my favorites + the entire team is in a thread in the guild. xDD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:29 pm
Bulbasauurr
k cause i was stressin so much my bulb was withering

Can we battle sometime?

It'll be pretty much a +1 W for you considering I'm making a team out of my favorites + the entire team is in a thread in the guild. xDD

baha, my two teams aren't all that awesome either. i take pride in my ninetales, though. just drop me a line when you want and i'll see if we can battle then.  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers