Weekly Bible Scripture

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Weekly instead of Daily. Good idea?
  Yeah!
  Not really.
  This is more lame than Daily Bible Scripture.
  I bite my thumb at you.
View Results

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:42 pm

All right.
After some discussion, Squeakygirl and I have decided to create a weekly Bible Scripture. This will put less strain on the poster (me at the moment--if you want the position don't be afraid to ask) and it will also be less tedious to read and follow than a daily bible Scripture.

So that's what is going on! I will post Scripture every Sunday, except for today, to make up for this past Sunday. And this Scripture shall be Scripture that you can carry with you throughout the week. So, here we go! My translation is still, as ever, New Living Translation. If I post Scripture from a different translation, I'll let you know.

Romans 2:1

You may think you can condemn such people, but you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you who judge others do these very same things.

All have fallen short of the glory of God. We must be careful in our accusations and judgments about people. We commit sinful acts just as they do, and all sin is equal in the eyes of God.

As a side note, I want to personally thank Mentally Green for the dedication she put into posting the Daily Bible Scripture. God bless you, sister.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Romans 8:15-17

So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when He adopted you as His own children. Now we call Him, "Abba, Father." For His Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God's children. And since we are His children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God's glory. But if we are to share His glory, we must also share His suffering.

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers, including our one and only God. heart

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:18 am

Micah 1:3-5

Look! The Lord is coming! He leaves His throne in heaven and tramples the heights of the earth. The mountains melt beneath His feet and flow into the valleys like wax in a fire, like water pouring down a hill. And why is this happening? Because of the rebellion of Israel*--yes, the sins of the whole nation.

* also written: rebellion of Jacob--they're often interchangeable in the Old Testament

As the 4th of July approaches you have to ask yourself: has the United States been faithful to God? It was our Lord Who gave us victory over our enemies time and time again. And for the longest time we obeyed Him faithfully.

But now it seems we seek to eradicate Him from our society. We are using our so-called freedom against Him, the freedom that He bought for us through victory. He could have abandoned us, but He did not. And this is how we repay Him. By dashing the Ten Commandments to the ground. By ripping His name from our pledge and trying to erase it from our currency.

Well the Lord will let the United States fall if it continues to act this way, just as He let the nation of Israel fall into the hands of her enemies.

Weep, peoples of the United States, and repent of your sins! Seek forgiveness and the glory of the Kingdom! For in the end there will only be one Kingdom standing...the Kingdom of God.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:54 am

Zephaniah 3:8

"Therefore, be patient," says the Lord. "For I have decided to gather the kingdoms of the earth and pour out my fiercest anger and fury on them. All the earth will be devoured by the fire of my jealousy."

Now don't go and be Oprah and say "Oh, God is evil because He said jealous!"

He only uses that word because He is speaking to us and must approach it from our perceptions, so to speak.

This shows that the wicked will not go free. It may seem like people are getting away with evil deeds--but they're not. The Lord is just, holy, and good. All will be made right.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:07 pm

John 16:31-33

Jesus asked, "Do you finally believe? But the time is coming--indeed it's here now--when you will be scattered, each one going his own way, leaving me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me. I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

No matter what happens, just remember that Jesus has overcome the world. And because of our faith in Him, we also have overcome the world.

Never give up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

John 8:12

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

Yes, Lord Jesus, You are the light! Your mercy endures forever!

If you have Jesus Christ and you hold onto Him, you will not fall into total darkness, ever. I know this from my own life.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:21 pm

Hebrews 4:1-3

God's promise of entering His rest still stands, so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it. For this good news--that God has prepared this rest--has been announced to us just as it was to them. But it did them no good because they didn't share the faith of those who listened to God. For only we who believe can enter His rest.

There you go. If you do not have faith in Jesus Christ, you simply cannot enter God's rest. There is one path, and it is narrow.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Galatians 6:19-23

When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God. But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

This is an important passage for all Christians. Those who live destructive lives full of anger, selfish ambition, and sexual immorality are probably not truly saved. But those who are saved--the fruits of the Spirit will be evident in their lives. Do you think the Holy Spirit has grown these fruits in your life?

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:19 pm

(Sorry I forgot about last Sunday!)

Jonah 4:10-11

Then the Lord said, "You feel sorry about the plant, though you did nothing to put it there. It came quickly and died quickly. But Nineveh has more than 120,000 people living in spiritual darkness*, not to mention all the animals. Shouldn't I feel sorry for such a great city?

(* is also written, in Hebrew, "people who don't know their right hand from their left)

Remember that everyone is important to God, whether they are faithful to Him or not. And He loves them. If we are to be Christ-like, we must love them too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:15 am

Ephesians 4:2-6

Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all.

Unity in the Spirit. Remember this passage. Love one another, and be patient. Be forgiving. Be merciful and gracious. These are decrees of the Lord, and we must do our best to follow them. Be at peace with one another, and come to the likeness of one mind, the mind of Christ. Then we will have unity, and not until then can we have it.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:24 am

1 Corinthians 1:20-21

So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world's brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish. Since God in His wisdom saw to it that the world would never know Him through human wisdom, He has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe.

It doesn't matter how intelligent you are or how high your reasoning capabilities are. It doesn't matter how well your logic works or how wise and smart people say you are. In the end, it is nothing but foolery if you resist God.

So do not be intimidated by those who seem "smarter", "wiser", or who seem more intellectual and are "better" debaters. For the Lord seeks not those who are full of themselves, but those who recognize their need for Him. Those who seek Him find Him. And the Lord will give you strength and guidance.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:16 am

Matthew 5:3-12

God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for Him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth. God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied. God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy. God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God. God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God. God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.

God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.

God is good, and He is mighty. Fear not, for you are in the righteous, strong arms of the Lord.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:22 am

2 Corinthians 9:6-10

Remember this--a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop. You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. "For God loves a person who gives cheerfully." And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. As the Scriptures say, "They share freely and give generously to the poor. Their good deeds will be remembered forever."

For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, He will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you.

Some people say tithing is only an Old Testament thing. This is not true. There are many other passages that speak of tithing, and they are in the New Testament.

Give, and you shall receive. And it feels much better to give than to receive.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:36 am

Romans 8:1-4

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to Him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death. The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent His own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin's control over us by giving His Son as a sacrifice for our sins. He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

~*Proud Christians of Gaia*~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces