Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
I need advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jayde_Viveca

4,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:03 pm
Alright, well first off, I can't stand it when people are upset. it makes me upset and I'm always trying so hard to make them feel better, but latley everytime I try to help someone it seems to be major backfiring, which of corse is making thigs even worse than the situation altready is...I have no idea what to do. I don't want to stop trying to help people out, but I can't stand the backfire any more...what should I do?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:32 pm
Just clarify: you are no magic maker, you cannot tell the future. If your advice backfires, it does, sometimes you have to fail in order to learn. You are only human, we all give bad advice, none of us are perfect.  

avenged_king

Jayde_Viveca

4,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:36 pm
avenged_king
Just clarify: you are no magic maker, you cannot tell the future. If your advice backfires, it does, sometimes you have to fail in order to learn. You are only human, we all give bad advice, none of us are perfect.
no...I mean it backfires on my part...not the person I'm trying to help...and I know this. I really do and I get that too, but I try to help and it makes it worse for me...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:44 am
well some times u cant confront problems b/c it will make ir worse. . .u have to sadly put ur self first and think how it could affect u b4 u act and mayb let them confront u about their problems not the other way around and if they do just share ur opinion on the matter and what u would do. it back fires less. haha trust me i've been their lol im the wise one that helps everyone in my friend group lol ninja  

vodka machine

Slothapus
Crew

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:29 pm
I have same problem. But, I learned to cope with it. What you gotta do is chill out and when you try to help them make sure you yourself are completely stable and don't take anything personally when helping.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games