Submit

miss reku

Dangerous Lover

8,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 am
I just wanted to post this for those who've been or are going through tough times. I'm one of those people.

I don't know if you've watch the news, or heard about it, but MN was recently hit by a lot of tornados. The town that got the worst of it was my hometown, Wadena, MN. 25% of my town is gone, including the pool, community center, water treatment plant, the high school, and, worst of all, 200+ homes, including those of some of my close friends.

The school wasn't destroyed completely, thank goodness. You can still see what's left of it still standing. But, it was so badly damaged, the chance they have to tear it down is pretty high. Which mean, the kids who go to my school (grades 7-12) won't have a place to go next year. All of us may have to transfer next year to a different school, at least until our's can be repaired. Though, I fear some of us may not come back.

To a girl, her friends are a second family. I can't stand the thought of loosing them, even for a year.

So, I'm asking for your help. Should you have a facebook page, I would love it if you could look up this: 10,000 people for ABC's Extreme Makeover to rebuild our school. Down below is the link. There are some picture there of the devistation, and many posts from the people of Wadena.

I'm not a selfish person. But, I really want a school for next year. You truly don't know what you have until it's gone.

Thanks. -Reku1495

The link:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/10000-people-for-ABCs-Extreme-Makeover-to-rebuild-our-school/102795296439757  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:27 pm
¢ιηηαмση тσαѕт_ѕayѕ ;

*goes on facebook and clicks on the "like" button of the page*User Image

It's a girl thing / Bootygrabs

Cinnamon Toaast
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

amburrito97

Fashionable Hunter

3,500 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:15 am
thats terrible news. I would do it if i had a facebook, but i dont, sorry again.
I'll be hoping and praying your school gets fixed though.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:19 pm
I really hope your school ends up okay! Keep us posted?  

Tumbling Stars
Vice Captain

5,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
New's Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items