9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:28 pm
Shadows-shine
I emphasize this
Quote:
having God in ones life is not necessary for living day to day.

I was not looking at the eternal perspective here...I was simply saying people do not need God to go on with their day to day lives. He is not necessary to get up in the morning and get going, nor is He necessary to do any thing in the day to day routine. Tell an atheist that they need God to feel "spiritually" alive and they will vehemently disagree with you. Tell them that they need God to live, they again will disagree. There are lots of Christians out there who have God, but are "spiritually dead", but I have seen lots of atheists who are spiritually alive more so than some Christians. And not every one sees their lives suddenly full of meaning just because they don't have Christ. Tell that to an atheist and see what they say. There is a lot of meaning in this life that one does not need God for.

And let me ask, what of those religions that do not believe in the God of the Bible? Buddists? Wiccans? Some of them are very spiritually intune with that of nature and very much alive spiritually.

i believe that if you are spirituly alive then it is because god is in your heart even if you dont know it. thats just my belief though  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:29 pm
Shadows-shine
VK Fox
Shadows-shine
I emphasize this
Quote:

I was not looking at the eternal perspective here...I was simply saying people do not need God to go on with their day to day lives. He is not necessary to get up in the morning and get going, nor is He necessary to do any thing in the day to day routine. Tell an atheist that they need God to feel "spiritually" alive and they will vehemently disagree with you. Tell them that they need God to live, they again will disagree. There are lots of Christians out there who have God, but are "spiritually dead", but I have seen lots of atheists who are spiritually alive more so than some Christians. And not every one sees their lives suddenly full of meaning just because they don't have Christ. Tell that to an atheist and see what they say. There is a lot of meaning in this life that one does not need God for.

And let me ask, what of those religions that do not believe in the God of the Bible? Buddists? Wiccans? Some of them are very spiritually intune with that of nature and very much alive spiritually.

Just because they disagree with you, or see their lives one way, does not mean that they are correct. It matters relatively little if they think that they are spiritually dead or not. Fact is, they are. There is only one way to the Father - The Lord Jesus Christ.

You do nothing outside of His will. Not a single breath you take is by your own power. Everything in your day to day routine functions as it does, or even simply exists, because He has willed it. God is sovereign. God is more precious than food or water or good health or physical safety.

Sure, there are some Buddhists and Wiccans that are very spiritual, but not every spirit is of God. You can be spiritual all you like, but apart from God, it is completely worthless. These religions are false, and those who practice them and hold their gods to be higher than the One True God spit in His face, and they will eventually sit before Him in judgement. They are dead.

God does not sit here and micro manage our lives, otherwise He would not give us agency.

Again I say, I was not looking at the eternal perspective. Yes, being eternally minded, you do need Christ, but living here on this earth, day to day, not focusing on the eternal, you do NOT need God to get out of bed, take a breath, sit down, etc. We are not robots that He controls or manages. Just because He knows our every move at every moment, does not mean we need Him just to run our day to day functions.

And yet you wouldn't do a single thing in your day to day life if He didn't allow it.  

rosadria
Crew

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:38 pm
VK Fox
Shadows-shine
VK Fox
Shadows-shine
I emphasize this
Quote:

Just because they disagree with you, or see their lives one way, does not mean that they are correct. It matters relatively little if they think that they are spiritually dead or not. Fact is, they are. There is only one way to the Father - The Lord Jesus Christ.

You do nothing outside of His will. Not a single breath you take is by your own power. Everything in your day to day routine functions as it does, or even simply exists, because He has willed it. God is sovereign. God is more precious than food or water or good health or physical safety.

Sure, there are some Buddhists and Wiccans that are very spiritual, but not every spirit is of God. You can be spiritual all you like, but apart from God, it is completely worthless. These religions are false, and those who practice them and hold their gods to be higher than the One True God spit in His face, and they will eventually sit before Him in judgement. They are dead.

God does not sit here and micro manage our lives, otherwise He would not give us agency.

Again I say, I was not looking at the eternal perspective. Yes, being eternally minded, you do need Christ, but living here on this earth, day to day, not focusing on the eternal, you do NOT need God to get out of bed, take a breath, sit down, etc. We are not robots that He controls or manages. Just because He knows our every move at every moment, does not mean we need Him just to run our day to day functions.

And yet you wouldn't do a single thing in your day to day life if He didn't allow it.

What do you mean by that exactly? Are you saying because God allows us to do laundry we do it? I really don't think He is concerned how many times we take trips to the bathroom, how many times a day we get in the car or how long we keep the lights on. Those are tiny, minute things that do not affect our eternal relationship with God.

We are not controlled by God. We are not moving our lips because God told us to or doing any thing for that matter because He is making us, so hence why I said we are able to do our day to day functions without having God in our lives. People do it all the time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:41 pm
Shanna66
Shadows-shine
I emphasize this
Quote:

i believe that if you are spirituly alive then it is because god is in your heart even if you dont know it. thats just my belief though

As a Christain, I agree with you, but I am trying to look at this from the perspective of devils advocate so to speak...  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

rosadria
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:45 pm
Shadows-shine
VK Fox
Shadows-shine
VK Fox
Shadows-shine
I emphasize this
Quote:

What do you mean by that exactly? Are you saying because God allows us to do laundry we do it? I really don't think He is concerned how many times we take trips to the bathroom, how many times a day we get in the car or how long we keep the lights on. Those are tiny, minute things that do not affect our eternal relationship with God.

We are not controlled by God. We are not moving our lips because God told us to or doing any thing for that matter because He is making us, so hence why I said we are able to do our day to day functions without having God in our lives. People do it all the time.

I'm saying that you are able to do laundry because He allows you to do so. Not that He makes you do so. Those are two completely different ideas. A child may ask for and drink a coke, but the mother did not force the child to take it or drink it.
Your situations are similar. God allows you to do laundry, so you are able to do it. God allows you to go to the bathroom, get in the car, and keep the lights on, and so you are able to do those things. If He did not permit those things, then they wouldn't happen. Period.

Even the bad things happen because He allows them to happen. This isn't necessarily a discussion about salvation, but the supremacy of God.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:05 pm
VK Fox
Shadows-shine
VK Fox
Shadows-shine
VK Fox

I'm saying that you are able to do laundry because He allows you to do so. Not that He makes you do so. Those are two completely different ideas. A child may ask for and drink a coke, but the mother did not force the child to take it or drink it.
Your situations are similar. God allows you to do laundry, so you are able to do it. God allows you to go to the bathroom, get in the car, and keep the lights on, and so you are able to do those things. If He did not permit those things, then they wouldn't happen. Period.

Even the bad things happen because He allows them to happen. This isn't necessarily a discussion about salvation, but the supremacy of God.

So then God micro-manages our lives and we don't have agency, because we can't do any thing unless God allows it. We are just mindless robots who need a surpreme being to control us and tell us what to do, how to do it, etc.

Regardless of what God allows or does not allow to happen, I am simply stating that people do NOT need Him in their day to day lives to function.

As Christians, we need God for several things, though not things like getting out of bed in the morning or taking a shower or whatever else. We need Him for eternal things, not the temporal.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas