Submit

Wendy Day

Distrustful Detective

6,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:24 pm
A friend of mine introduced me to this game two years ago.
It's like a collaborative story, only letters. You write back and forth with a made up persona. For example:

"Dear Tom,
I haven't spoken to you if what feels like forever. I would have written sooner, only there are these little girls who keep showing up in my kitchen and eating my food. I have nearly starved to death, as you know I don't make that much working at the toxic waste plant. How is it working out with you and your girlfriend?
Sincerely,
Joe

Dear Joe,
Wow! Hungry kids! How do they get in? Do you never lock your doors or something? I also would have written before now, besides the fact that Mary (Yes, my girlfriend!) mysteriously disappeared for 3 weeks, and I got really worried. It actually only turned out she came across a magical eggplant that whisked her away to Timbuktu, and she had to hitch-hike back. Nice to be in contact with you again.
Bye-bye,
Tom

Only longer, more believable, more articulate, and with better characters, etc."
I was wondering if any one has ever heard of this before? And where?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:47 am
no I haven't heard of the game, but it sounds really interesting. and I don't know I think I enjoy the whimsically fantasy side of the letters you wrote.
Making the story too believable isn't always very exciting.  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces