Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
For goodness' sake

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stupid voicebox
  doesn't know what to sound like
View Results

Tybarious

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:43 pm
A couple of years ago I gain a country ascent when I was going to a school in the country and this wasn't the southern ascent, no this was the redneck ascent. Well after I graduated and left that reagion for the rest of my life (I hated the ppl there, grrr mad ) and keeping myself in teh company of city folk for awhile, I was able to wash the ascent out of my system. But here lately I can hear it come out again. (no it doesn't not have anything to do with my texaning up my writing) It so annoying when you want to sound educated and all you can do is sound like a hick, its flummoxing me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:33 pm
Don't rely on your accent to come across as educated. It's all in the way you carry yourself in conversation. Believe me I know how you feel. I have that mild "omg he's so gay" accent and I am gay, but I don't want people thinking I'm this flamboyant flamer because I'm not.

Speech can be a difficult thing to alter as well and I don't think it's really worth the effort personally. If other people would think you're uneducated for having a mild redneck accent, then I don't think you'd really want to be associating with them would you?  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:29 pm
That's a good point. Although, I'm not one to speak. I've worked very hard over the years to eliminate any of those annoying southern, redneck, country accents from my speech. I live in the midwest, so it's been hard. I succeeded rather well until I started working with this girl who had this street/ghetto southern accent. Since then, it's been harder to suppress. Maybe there's no good reason to do so, but I just dislike how such accents sound, so I think of it like dying your hair: If you like it better a different way, go for it!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm
I agree with purple, I hate sounding like a dumb hick. I personally nvr gave much care into what others think but I do like sound better than a hick.

tho it is fun to mess with y'all  

Tybarious

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:38 pm
How I talk changes whenever I watch a show on tv that has a charcater with an accent.

Just watch a tv show like that... alot...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:53 pm
then you probably watch too much TV  

Tybarious

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:15 pm
LOL

Actually not as much anymore.

I barely ever touch my TV now.

But the voice I remember copying the most was...

Spike from buffy the vampire slayer.  
Nothing's coming.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff