Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Occult Books That You Recommend

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:35 pm
Ever since i joined this guild, i find it fascinating. The religions, beliefs, information and the knowledge all contained in this forum to be interesting yet confusing for a young girl like me. I want to get started off right away by researching and studying beginner occult books you want to recommend. Any book is fine, taoism, tarot card reading, goetia, lesser key of solomon, karma, wiccan, pagan, christianity, buddhism, creatures, familiars, ancient celtic society etc.

Since i'm still quiet a growing person, i am opened to everything there is. Basicly, i want to study anything i can get my hands on. Ever since i picked up a book about giants and the black order. I even tried to find a book about the King Arthur legend. If you can, list me or just one beginner book to start me off to the occult society. Something that can make you understand clearly, something literate and interesting to read.

It's ok if you have only read difficult, more mature books. I can search the word up in a dictionary if i don't understand it (yes i take that much trouble to read a book). Please don't be afraid to post up your most recommended books!

P.S. Im perfectly fine with gory and a bit...matured bits, since i'm not the type to go off hiding under my bedsheets if "the body was decapitated" was written. I'm a rational person ^_^.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:28 am
I don't mind compiling a listing of beginner books to give you via pdf if you give me some sort of direction that you're more interested in.

-- spell-casting/magic
-- mythology/lore
-- tarot/divination
-- astrology/numerology
-- specific religions or followings
-- ghosts/paranormal/psionics
-- astral projections/out of body experiences

Give me a general idea and i would be more than happy to take the time to help you out. It's easiest to reach me via pm generally although posting here is fine too.  

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games