Timid
Natural Cure
4Def/252SpA/252Spe
@Focus Sash
-Grass Knot
-Weather Ball
-Sleep Powder
-Toxic Spikes

The main role of my Roserade is to set up Toxic Spikes so the rest of my team can Save PP and stall for longer. The ideal situation is having a slow lead so it can sleep the opponent's lead, set up two layers, and come in for later to use Ice-Type Weather Ball. If it cannot, then focus sash lets it set up at least one layer.

Abomasnow
Timid
Snow Warning
4HP/252SpA/252Spe
@Big Root
-Leech Seed
-Subsitute
-Blizzard
-Grass Knot

The only thing that can set up hail for infinity. After it sets up hail, it's job is to KO whatever's out on the field so the next Mon will get poisoned by Roserade's Toxic Spikes. Then it will proceed to Sub Seed them to death. Big Root helps other teammates Recover more HP from Leech Seed, Since Abomasnow will probably be hit by one of his seven weaknesses.

Walrein
Bold
Ice Body
220Hp/252 Def/36 SpD
-Substitute
-Protect
-Brine
-Super fang

This is my favorite Walrein. After Abomasnow is KO'd by the opponent, Walren is sent. With Roserade's Toxic Spikes, Abomasnow's Hail, and hopefully his Leech Seed too, Walrein can stall away the Opponent's HP pretty quickly. Super Fang cuts the opponent's HP in half for Walrein to strike with a boosted Brine.

Rotom-H
Timid
Levitate
4Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
@Choice Specs
-Trick
-Overheat
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball

This is a standard Trick Specs Rotom, it helps block any Pokemon hoping to use Rapid Spin. It helps cover my gigantic weakness to Scizor.

Poliwrath
Relaxed
Water Absorb
100 Hp/252 Def/152 Atk
@ Leftovers
-Substitute
-Bulk Up
-Focus Punch
-Waterfall

This acts as my Tyranitar Counter. It's able to counter any Tyranitar that doesn't use Thunderbolt. It can come in and absorb Water type attacks, which is an advantage it has over Swampert.

Starmie
Timid
4Hp/252 SpA/252Spe
Natural Cure
@Leftovers
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
-Surf
-Blizzard

This is my Hazard remover, Natural Cure allows it to get poisoned and get better for later. Starmie needs Recover since its leftovers are neutralized by the Hail.

Thanks in Advance for your Help!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:06 pm
Gah, it's really risky to lead with a Roserade.
Miss one Sleep powder against a faster opponent/one with a priority move, and it's done for, and from what I can tell, your Abomasnow/Walrein rely pretty heavily on the toxic.
if anything, i'd say lose the Brine on Walrein for Toxic, just in case.

Silph Co

Witty Wrangler

melikefood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:35 pm
It hasn't been much of a problem, although it is a good idea.

Priority moves aren't too hard to spot, the ones I need to worry about (Ice Shard, Bullet Punch, Extremespeed, Fake Out, and Shadow Sneak) are not distributed much and I could memorize which Pokemon learn them.
Roserade resists or fails to activate the other Priority Moves.

In the worse case scenario, Roserade only sets up one layer.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:38 pm
Oh yeah?
I just have horrible luck with my roserade.
xp  

Silph Co

Witty Wrangler

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:09 am
I'm wondering why you don't have more ice types, particularly anything like Frosslass or Glaceon which benefits more from the Blizzard. Can't Frosslass replace Rotom with the right moveset, since it is also a ghost to counter rapid-spin? Having stuff with Snow Cloak and giving them Brightpowder as well allows for more stall to take advantage of hail and toxic spikes. Also, you might want your Tyrannitar counter to be able to re-set-up Hail, since Tyranitar replaces it with Sandstorm. You also might want something really bulky and tankish that is ice type, perhaps Curse Lapras, to be able to take advantage of the hail/toxic spikes damage. If I remember correctly Curse Lapras can take advantage of STAB priority Ice Shard, negating the speed penalty of Curse, and you can give it a defensive EV spread and leftovers. Additional stalling might involve the use of protect and detect, as well as fly or dig if you have something immune to hail or with leftovers, like Mamoswine with Dig. Another option for a Scizor _and_ Tyrannitar counter might be Lucario, with Close Combat (for Tyrannitar), Blaze Kick (for Scizor), Detect (for stalling), and Bullet Punch (for priority STAB). It's also not as predictable as a Sub Puncher, who can get ruined by switching in a ghost.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:20 pm
the lower acc on sleep powder would worry me also i would favor having a froslass for the snow cloak and it could have twave confuseray blizzard shadow ball holding brightpowder  

TwinBIade_Kite

melikefood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:36 pm
@Toko
Glaceon is molasses slow, while Froslass has paper thin defense.
Curse Lapras would be redundant alongside Walren, but it sounds like something I should try.
And that Lucario set sounds really good too.

As for dig/fly stall, I really like to use Flygon for that. It can Roost and blocks underground Earthquakes with Levitate.
But I ran out of space for it, because Rapid Spin is vital for the team. /:<

@TwinBlade
Rosereade is supposed to set up Toxic spikes. Froslass can't do that.  
Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games