rosadria
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:56 pm
Someoneiknow
VK Fox
Someoneiknow
VK Fox
Someoneiknow

I just did quote you. Those would be your quotes.
Those would be works of faith.
You're trippin'. Which one of those quotes says "All you need to do is believe in Christ?" The first one, or the second one?

Which are works done by.. Believers of Christ! Not someone who is of the Pagan faiths, Jewish, Islamic, Buddhist, Wiccan, etc. etc, which is what I was getting at two pages back.

Where you said, "those faiths don't have Christ" which by in turn means, all you need is to believe in Christ. It's the axiom of your quote.

You just lumped jews in with Pagan beliefs? Do you even know what being Pagan is? Jews are no where near Pagan. That's like calling Captain Planet a industry loving freak.

Pearls before swine. I'm done banging my head against a wall with you.

If you say so. Last time I checked my pearls were scripture verses and things from the prophets, not rude comments where you insinuate that my religion is full of demons and that the Jews have paganistic beliefs. If you could prove your stance, that would be greatly beneficial, but alas, your argument cannot be backed scripturally, so you would rather assume that I'm just trying to throw crap at you, which is not the case.

It would greatly benefit your cause that if you call a few people out on a challenge, you back up that challenge with legitimate sources and debate, instead of giving up 3 comments into it.

I never said the Jews were Pagan. This belief of yours arises out of nothing more than your inability to understand how a comma works, and that you can list things together that aren't the same thing. I could have moved any religion to any place in that list and the meaning would be the exact same. You also seem to be unable to understand that you can believe in the Christ, and that the Christ exists and is Lord, and still not have the Christ or salvation. You were unable to find a quote where I said "All you have to do is believe," and you were only able to get what you did from gross misuse of the language and faulty understanding of myself and my religious views. Those very same views that you are constantly mistaking for mainstream, liberal Protestant "Just pray this prayer!" crap.

Also, when I get to Shadow's post, or how long it takes me to create a post that I feel is sufficient, is entirely none of your business.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:35 pm
VK Fox
Someoneiknow
VK Fox
Someoneiknow
VK Fox
You're trippin'. Which one of those quotes says "All you need to do is believe in Christ?" The first one, or the second one?

Which are works done by.. Believers of Christ! Not someone who is of the Pagan faiths, Jewish, Islamic, Buddhist, Wiccan, etc. etc, which is what I was getting at two pages back.

Where you said, "those faiths don't have Christ" which by in turn means, all you need is to believe in Christ. It's the axiom of your quote.

You just lumped jews in with Pagan beliefs? Do you even know what being Pagan is? Jews are no where near Pagan. That's like calling Captain Planet a industry loving freak.

Pearls before swine. I'm done banging my head against a wall with you.

If you say so. Last time I checked my pearls were scripture verses and things from the prophets, not rude comments where you insinuate that my religion is full of demons and that the Jews have paganistic beliefs. If you could prove your stance, that would be greatly beneficial, but alas, your argument cannot be backed scripturally, so you would rather assume that I'm just trying to throw crap at you, which is not the case.

It would greatly benefit your cause that if you call a few people out on a challenge, you back up that challenge with legitimate sources and debate, instead of giving up 3 comments into it.

I never said the Jews were Pagan.

Yes you did.
Quote:
Not someone who is of the Pagan faiths, Jewish

Quote:
This belief of yours arises out of nothing more than your inability to understand how a comma works,

Actually I do understand how a comma works, if you were seperating ideas and not lumping Pagan faith, and Jews together, a semi colon would have clearly been more sufficient.

Quote:
and that you can list things together that aren't the same thing.

Yes, but when you list those things together using "commas", you are creating a list from the previous idea that you started with the initial comma.
Quote:
I could have moved any religion to any place in that list and the meaning would be the exact same.

Yes, the meaning that you were creating a list of what you think are Pagan faiths.
Quote:
You also seem to be unable to understand that you can believe in the Christ, and that the Christ exists and is Lord, and still not have the Christ or salvation.

Oh no, I quite understand that situation to the fullest extent, but you seem to be unable to understand that I was pointing out your contradiction within your two quotes. Nothing more, nothing less, so quit trying to assume more out of a sentence than what is actually there.
Quote:
You were unable to find a quote where I said "All you have to do is believe,"

I did, but you still have yet to disprove it.
Quote:
and you were only able to get what you did from gross misuse of the language and faulty understanding of myself and my religious views.

Because you have yet to debate your religious views, you only point out the same old, "I'm not protestant" bullcrap that you have been throwing out for the previous week.
Quote:
Those very same views that you are constantly mistaking for mainstream, liberal Protestant "Just pray this prayer!" crap.

You have yet to prove otherwise in your posts.

Quote:
Also, when I get to Shadow's post, or how long it takes me to create a post that I feel is sufficient, is entirely none of your business.

Actually it is, because I am one with Shadow-Shine. We two are the one in the same, in the same aspect that Christ and the Father are One.  

Someoneiknow

kerowyn7613

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:55 pm
Shadows-shine

Pagan isn't a religion, nor is it a practice of following the devil. It's a blanket term that can cover many different religions. Christianity can be considered pagan.

im sorry, but ur incorrect.
the word pagan means :
* any of various religions other than Christianity or Judaism or Islamism
*(from Latin paganus, meaning "country dweller", "rustic") is a blanket term used to refer to various polytheistic, non Abrahamic religious traditions. ...
so, Christianity cant be pagan  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:42 am
kerowyn7613
Shadows-shine

Pagan isn't a religion, nor is it a practice of following the devil. It's a blanket term that can cover many different religions. Christianity can be considered pagan.

im sorry, but ur incorrect.
the word pagan means :
* any of various religions other than Christianity or Judaism or Islamism
*(from Latin paganus, meaning "country dweller", "rustic") is a blanket term used to refer to various polytheistic, non Abrahamic religious traditions. ...
so, Christianity cant be pagan

If you look at the latin meaning of it, yes Christianity can be considered pagan! Back when Christ established the Church on the earth there were lots of people who rustic, and country dwellers, so therefore they were pagan.

Those who live in the country, in rural areas, out of city limits, etc. can be considered pagan. So therefore my arguement is correct. And some sects within the belief system of Christianity are soft polythiests, so therefore, Christianity can be considered pagan.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Wishboxx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:49 pm
Astrology and horoscopes aren't real. The night's sky has shifted to the point where if you think you belong to an astrological sign, it's more than likely that that's the wrong sign. You actually belong to a different sign than the one you believe you currently belong to.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:54 pm
Wishboxx
Astrology and horoscopes aren't real. The night's sky has shifted to the point where if you think you belong to an astrological sign, it's more than likely that that's the wrong sign. You actually belong to a different sign than the one you believe you currently belong to.

Signs and horoscopes aren't real, you said so yourself, so why bother going into the whole perspective about belonging to a specific sign?  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Fighting Fefnir

Perfect Winner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:15 am
So all in all, this topic, as I read, has been derailed. Let me see if I can follow along with this.

OP is talking about astrology and other such things. VK cites verses that sort of apply but not really, then likens Mormons to demons for whatever reason. It then becomes all about faith vs works, to which the obvious answer is 'do both'. James I believe said that faith without works is dead, whereas Paul says by faith alone are we saved, so in that regard Scarlet is mostly right, though seemed to skirt around the issue some. More fighting about Mormons for no real reason, misunderstanding of the usage of the semicolon and comma (VK was right, the serial comma breaks up the list whereas the semicolon would have been used to show that the following religions were included under the moniker 'pagan'), and VK ignoring the context in which the statements are being made.

So did we all lose? I can't really tell.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:02 pm
Fighting Fefnir
So all in all, this topic, as I read, has been derailed. Let me see if I can follow along with this.

OP is talking about astrology and other such things. VK cites verses that sort of apply but not really, then likens Mormons to demons for whatever reason. It then becomes all about faith vs works, to which the obvious answer is 'do both'. James I believe said that faith without works is dead, whereas Paul says by faith alone are we saved, so in that regard Scarlet is mostly right, though seemed to skirt around the issue some. More fighting about Mormons for no real reason, misunderstanding of the usage of the semicolon and comma (VK was right, the serial comma breaks up the list whereas the semicolon would have been used to show that the following religions were included under the moniker 'pagan'), and VK ignoring the context in which the statements are being made.

So did we all lose? I can't really tell.

I don't think it really matters any more. It was just a topic discussing about random things. Obviously no one has responded any more to the arguements because they were getting old and going around in circles.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas