View Results

Flower393939

Dangerous Lover

14,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:30 pm
I totally agree with this. this week I went to engineering camp because I am a science nerd and all the guys were all looking at me funny like what are you doing here. I also really love star trek and people think that is funny too. I hate stereotypes!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:32 pm
Stereotypes are out there for everything. And everyone is guilty of judging people by them from time to time. All you can do is be yourself and ignore everyone else. Be happy with you no matter what other people say.  

LadyJ86

Devoted Hourglass

13,225 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Ally Up 100
  • Expert Skill 150

Basilia Ann E

3,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:52 am
Feelin That Lambert Love
it seems like in todays society, everyone thinks that teen girls are obsessed with the twilight series, justin bieber, clothes, being tan, looking goregous, makeup, pink fluffy things, and the list goes on and on. i think its rather annoying that when someone knows im a teen girl and they automatically assume i like a certain thing, just because im a girl. and some people even get mad at me for expressing my opinion (like this girl starts yelling at me and sayin im stupid for saying i hate the twilight series). and also, companies and factories are taking advantage over it by making tons of shirts like "team edward" and "team jacob." they just assume that every girl will want one. (if they wanted MY money, theyd make a shirt "team guy-who-almost-hit-bella-with-car) rolleyes

every single person is unique (im certaintly different!) and we are allowed to like different things. people shouldnt just stereotype that all teen girls like all the same things. just because we are the same age and same gender, doesnt mean were obsessed with the same stuff.

im not bashing on twilight or justin bieber or anything (althought i dont care much for them), im just sayin how its annoying that mostly everyone assumes this smile

anyone agree? disagree? explain smile

It's neither (although - a little of both - was the closest choice).

Stereotypes are based on the popular view of the "mainstream". The stereotype you described is the "popular" girly girl. It's this ideal that is sold, because it is sought by the mainstream. Even many outcasts, yearn to be "mainstream". We are taught in school to be mainstreams, to "go with the flow", not to "rock the boat". It really takes a while to be comfortable with who you are - as an individual.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:50 pm
i like the twilight series but i hate edward and bella along with sam uley, i was cherring for the guy who almost hit bella until edward saved her...grrrr, die edward.
i hate pink and anything girly/frilly.
i dont care about my wardrobe or how i look. as long as i have clothes to wear im fine.
i hardly wear makeup and when i do its all black eyeliner, black masscarra, black eyeshadow.
i hate justin bieber (he looks and sounds like a girl)
im slightly pale and slightly tan (however you want to say it)
i love dark colors like black, red, blue, purple.
i always put my hair up in a ponytail but never fancy unless its a wedding or funeral. i like to die my hair once in awhile.
i like to play dirty, and be rude
i dont smoke but i do drink only with my grandmother only on special occasions, like holidays.
im still a virgin, honestly im afraid to lose my virginity.
i like vampires, werewolves, zombies, or any kind of monsters.
i like to watch tv, read, and play on the computer.
i like to hang out with my guy friends, im a tomboy and i like it.

honestly i hate the society's stereotypes of teenage girls. because not all girls are the same. i know that because i am different and i will never change.  

vampires_cant_be_tamed20

The Main Floor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces