Reply The Gallery
Apollo Justice Fan Game, anyone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ecopper12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:39 am
I actually started a case set in that era from scratch with the help of a website. I have the intro done, but it isn't really a playable thing yet. I have input the character profiles, and the scenario/crime. I will work on part one all today. Right now though, I wanted to see if anyone liked what I have so far.

I worked for a while on it, and tweaked it.

Turnabout Musicalamity (Intro)

What does everyone think? I am trying to stay true to the characters, and hope I did a good job. Please don't be harsh. It was my first try. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:22 am
Its a nice dramatic start, but in my opinion to give it a nice ace attorney (or apollo justice either way) feel you should change a couple things.
The music when crescend is talking should be more cheerfull since he is happy. the music when klavier is talking is nice but.... showing that it was klavier right away and that he was murdered with a gun isn't AJ or AA like, I'd say replace the "what is that a gun?" part and the fact that you clearly know the person is a part of the band with something else more vague so later on if its an actual game with clue searching the player can find out himself.
And for the part where klavier is talking maybe don't put klavier and take out the motive/prosecutor part, It's a nice idea but too soon.  

Prince Noir

3,000 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

ecopper12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 am
Prince Noir
Its a nice dramatic start, but in my opinion to give it a nice ace attorney (or apollo justice either way) feel you should change a couple things.
The music when crescend is talking should be more cheerfull since he is happy. the music when klavier is talking is nice but.... showing that it was klavier right away and that he was murdered with a gun isn't AJ or AA like, I'd say replace the "what is that a gun?" part and the fact that you clearly know the person is a part of the band with something else more vague so later on if its an actual game with clue searching the player can find out himself.
And for the part where klavier is talking maybe don't put klavier and take out the motive/prosecutor part, It's a nice idea but too soon.

I get your point, but what I have right now is sort of a set-up for something bigger later on in the game. You might be surprised.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:39 am
ecopper12
Prince Noir

I get your point, but what I have right now is sort of a set-up for something bigger later on in the game. You might be surprised.

Alright, I can't really give an opinion without seeing the development so I kind of imagined how it would go with the usual Ace attorney plots.
I guess I'd have to see the rest to know if it works well or not  

Prince Noir

3,000 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

ecopper12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:08 pm
Alright, let me allow you to have the link for part one. A few things before I give it to you though.

1. I am still making part 1. I am just giving you what I have so far.
2. You can keep checking back on this link, because I will have more at different times. If I have something new saved, you will see new things.
3. Give me feedback for it if you think it's good. If it's something negative, make it constructive.

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=16464

Go nuts. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:29 pm
That is pretty good actually one little thing bothers me a bit (just because I'm kind of a really big fan and picky about it.)
When trucy says she was going to meet him in person it seemed like she was going to his house but, we see phoenix's office/house, I don't know if it's just me but it's a bit confusing (for me) other then that I liked the magic apparition joke typical of trucy, nice music and sprites choice.  

Prince Noir

3,000 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

ecopper12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:58 pm
Prince Noir
That is pretty good actually one little thing bothers me a bit (just because I'm kind of a really big fan and picky about it.)
When trucy says she was going to meet him in person it seemed like she was going to his house but, we see phoenix's office/house, I don't know if it's just me but it's a bit confusing (for me) other then that I liked the magic apparition joke typical of trucy, nice music and sprites choice.

Hmmm...You may have a point there. Well, given that there isn't a background for Apollo's house, I chose to use the backdrop of the office. I figure it's just as good for a meeting place as any.

Just so you know, this game will feature characters that were excluded from the AJ arc. Like Gumshoe will be in here. I intend to add as many throw backs as possible, without making it ridiculous.

Again, keep checking that link. It has everything that I have saved so far, and will update it's self when I have something new saved.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:28 pm
That would be fun and interesting, I'd personally be interested in seeing w=how maya and pearl turned out.... I bet pearl is the same age as trucy, and I would laugh at a scene where pearl slaps phoenix after learning trucy is his daughter thinking he was married and stuff (since pearl thinks phoenix loves maya and stuff)
But yeah try not to add too many characters in one episode, maybe a bit this time and if you make another one you could add a bit  

Prince Noir

3,000 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

ecopper12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:05 pm
Prince Noir
That would be fun and interesting, I'd personally be interested in seeing w=how maya and pearl turned out.... I bet pearl is the same age as trucy, and I would laugh at a scene where pearl slaps phoenix after learning trucy is his daughter thinking he was married and stuff (since pearl thinks phoenix loves maya and stuff)
But yeah try not to add too many characters in one episode, maybe a bit this time and if you make another one you could add a bit

I just added a s**t ton of things, so be sure to check out the link.

I think you'll like it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:18 pm
Interesting plot twist, but this further pushes my point in which you shouldn't reveal the murderer in the first part its harder for the player then AND it makes for a nice twist. Yeah I like it the intro is the only thing that kind of bugs me but ill let you continue working on it(this is not my game after all).

By the way for the intro
In profiles it says crescend is having a solo concert and klavier is backstage watching, but the way crescend talks to klavier made me thought klavier was in the band too (since crescend was asking him if they should respond to the encore) .  

Prince Noir

3,000 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

ecopper12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:34 pm
Prince Noir
Interesting plot twist, but this further pushes my point in which you shouldn't reveal the murderer in the first part its harder for the player then AND it makes for a nice twist. Yeah I like it the intro is the only thing that kind of bugs me but ill let you continue working on it(this is not my game after all).

By the way for the intro
In profiles it says crescend is having a solo concert and klavier is backstage watching, but the way crescend talks to klavier made me thought klavier was in the band too (since crescend was asking him if they should respond to the encore) .

I'll add in the little edits when I get to the end of the case. For now, I am just going with the flow.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:43 pm
Alright, so I worked on it all today, and I got to the actual playing part.

Have at it, and tell me what you think.  

ecopper12

Prince Noir

3,000 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:07 am
#1 nice choice of music but when phoenix starts talking about maya I'd say a more dramatic/sad music should start kind of like the one where you talk to maya.

#2 I noticed that if you examine stuff in the room nothing happens (Phoenix's apartment)

#3 first sprite you should see of Maya should not be a happy one, probably sad then when talking it can turn back to happy or w/e

All I got to say for now but that looks like some nice work.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:27 am
Prince Noir
#1 nice choice of music but when phoenix starts talking about maya I'd say a more dramatic/sad music should start kind of like the one where you talk to maya.

#2 I noticed that if you examine stuff in the room nothing happens (Phoenix's apartment)

#3 first sprite you should see of Maya should not be a happy one, probably sad then when talking it can turn back to happy or w/e

All I got to say for now but that looks like some nice work.

1. Hrm...I'll try to look into that one.

2. I haven't out anything in for examine yet. I was going to do that today.

3. Yeah, I was in a hurry to create the place, so I just threw a sprite in there. It wasn't going to stay.

Thanks for your faithful feedback. If only I could get some others too. xD  

ecopper12

Prince Noir

3,000 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:53 pm
Don't worry if you want I can keep giving you my opinion until the end of it, I don't have the occasion to talk to people about phoenix wright that often most people are in RPs which never really interested me, I'm more into the official capcom storyline.
But yeah I don't see that many people posting that often here and the PW guilds on gaia are dead maybe you can try court records even though its a big PW forum so you might encounter some noobs/idiots.  
The Gallery

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games