Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Ear Piercings
Those... bumpy things some of us get on cartilage piercings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cross Eyed Mary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:05 am
[NUTs]
hellfireangel
Okay as far as I can tell no ones really said this yet. The bump happens when you get a piercing using a gun. All the gun does is push all the skin/muscles to the side, causing the bump. When you use a hollow needle which is what piercing places use it actually removes the skin and muscle, so no bump. An example of this is cartalidges, and also I pierced my own eye brow using a regular sowing needle, and got a bump, when I let it heal up and then used a hollow needle, the bump did not appear. Hope that helps

well thanks for your input and while it's true that the gun ******** up your ears, the indusrial is clearly impossible to do with a gun and therfore was done with a needle...

Piercing my cartilage with a gun hasn't caused any trouble at all, infact, it was fully healed within 7 weeks. The most trouble it has ever caused me was when my friend smacked me in the head (he forgets about my piercings) and pushed my stud into my head and just recently when I changed my 10mm diameter BCR to an 8 diameter (both are 1.2mm gauge btw), and that was only because of the pliers used to close the ring. I'm not praising the use of guns at all, just saying that it doesn't ruin everyone's piercings, just depends on how well your ears can adapt I guess.

However, Josh's cartilage just won't seem to heal. Whenever we change the jewellery, on two occasions I've had to technically repierce it with the stud >.<.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:38 pm
Hm, I'm not too sure.

The cleaning method you use is definately different than mine.
I'm taught to use saline solution on a Q-tip and soak it, and then get rid of the crusty stuff, and then try and get the saline into the piercing. And then do that three times a day...

-Panty.Waste-

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:45 pm
[NUTs]
how long have u been doing it? a friend of mine said she had one on her nose piercing, used sea salt for like a few weeks till it went away. i also mentioned it to my piercer and he mentioned the aspirn too, but he also says u can come in and get it popped ninja ouch >.<

Yeah I had a bump beside my n****e piercing, and it confused me, and then one day I popped it by accident, totally gross, but it healed finally and I still have a bump there, but it's not as bad.  
Ear Piercings

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff