Welcome to Gaia! ::

Silent Tears Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for roleplaying and meeting a lot of new friends through chat, games, etc. 

Tags: Roleplay, Chat, Contests, Games 

Reply My Stuff
Draw My OC - Layout - OVER

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:10 am
User Image Welcome everyone to my contest in which you can draw my Original Character Risa (who is based a lot off me). I am still developing her personality and working on her, but I want to end in making a story with her as well, so please have fun with this and perhaps I will get around to actually roleplaying with Risa.

Everyone who enters will receive 10,000 gold for their first entry, 5,000 gold for their second entry, and 1,000-2,500 gold for subsequent entries depending on the quality. This encourages people to enter more than 1 entry, but discourages people from giving me quick, crappy art just for quick gold. If I notice you are doing this, I will ban you from the contest and you will receive no additional gold. You should get the trade with the gold within a few days of having posted the picture(s).

Also, to receive the gold, you must follow all rules. Everyone who enters will get some gold (I don't want your efforts to be in vain) so long as they follow the rules. And if you enter more than 1 piece of art, you can win more than 1 major prize in addition to what you received for the art work originally. But every piece may win only once so the more you enter, the more chances you have of winning.

Warning: I will close the contest early if I believe that if I continue with the contest, I will run out of gold to pay the prizes. If you have already started a piece, I will still pay you the original gold promised. Let me know if you have started working on a piece, show me works in progress, that way, I can at least wait for said pieces to be done before judging (Meaning I will close the contest but wait a week for people who mentioned they started working on the art to post their entries before judging).

Works In Progress Date: September 20th, 2010
Works Finished & Post: October 1st, 2010

This image was done by Shu-Shindo.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:55 am
This image was done by Amazing Q.

User ImageRules:
**I may add rules as I see fit.**
1. Must be orignal art.
2. Must draw me with or without my cat.
3. May draw with a background or any pose you like.
4. I would prefer entries to be colored.
5. May submit as may entries as you want for this contest.
6. Be nice to other contestants and do not (I mean DO NOT) criticize or say anything mean about others artwork.
7. You may play around with different outfits. PLEASE! I want to see lots of different outfits and hairstyles which is why I am giving you gaian item references as well. Or come up with your own original outfit ideas. Do not have to be the simple ones that you see me wearing. In fact, I'd like to see what kind of outfits you guys choose to put me in.
8. Each entry can win only once but if you have more than one entry, you can win more than once.
9. Follow all of the list rules for entering an art contest that Gaia requires. (Look at stickies in this forum if you are unsure of them).
10. Be creative and the closer to my personality you get, the more likely you win.
11. Do not copy the samples of artwork in this thread. If I see that you have, you will be banned from the contest without the gold for your work. They are there to give you a reference only.
12. Art theft will NOT be tolerated and will be reported and have an immediate disqualification.
13. Any style is acceptable so long as it is PG-13 (Chibi, CG, Full Body, head shot, sketch, etc.)
14. Do not just quickly draw crap pieces of art to make quick gold. If I see you doing this, I will ban you from the contest and won't pay you any more gold. I want honest attempts at this contest.
15. You may add other people/animals with her.
***16. To submit: Fill out this form and post your picture.

[b]Username:[/b] (Put Your Username Here)
[b]Style:[/b] (Fullbody, half body, tradtional, CG, animated, etc.)
[b]Medium Used:[/b] (Colored Pencils, CG, Ink, etc.)
[b]Image:[/b] [img](Put Image URL Here)[/img]

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:03 pm
User ImageAbout Risa!
**As I continue to develop her personality, you may see things added here.**
Name: Risa
Eye Color: Blue
Hair: Dirty Blonde, long and slightly wavy, often worn in a ponytail or half up with a barette.
Skin Color: Average, not too pale, but not tan.
Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches
Clothing: Normally seen in jeans and a t-shirt. She likes to play dress up in Kimonos and Japanese style clothing. She also enjoys cosplaying so will be seen outside or her normal jeans and t-shirts.
Hobbies: Reading, singing, playing games, rescuing animals.
Likes: Animals (esp. Cats), Manga, Anime, Cosplaying, Books (esp. Romance and Fantasy), Music (esp. Country & Pop), Japanese culture and clothes.
Dislikes: Needles. Liars.
Personality: Lovable and kind, always willing to help out if it is in her power. Talkative. Shy but hides it well. Loyal. Extremely picky when it comes to food. Very lively and friendly.

This image was done by Cuteniao.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:20 pm
This image was done by Kakeriko.
User Image
Announcements:
7/23/2010 ~ Thread is under construction!

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:35 pm
4. Gaia item samples to give you ideas for clothes
5. Rules after Gaia items
6. Prizes
7. Entrants
8. Page Contest - Secret Prize
9. Loves & Hates (Disqualified People)
10. Affiliates  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:50 pm
This image was done by Amazing Q.

User ImageGaian Items for Hair and Clothes References
**Understand that you can make your own outfits up and hair styles up. These are just for additional reference for your benefit like the other images posted in this thread.
**Though there are avatars posted here, they are for reference only. The hair style does not have to go with the clothing on that avatar. Those are just items/hairstyles that I do not have in my inventory so put them together to keep the references as minimal as possible so that this page isn't flooded.
**Please mix and match the items from my inventory/on the avatars and the various hairstyles I have posted for reference for you.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:41 pm
Prizes!
Now I am sure you all want to know how much you can win in this contest. Well, I am going to be judging from multiple categories. Each entry you submit can win one of the categories, so the more you submit, the better your chances are of getting more gold.

*Remember:* You get 10,000 gold for the first piece of art, 5,000 gold for the second piece of art, and 1,000-2,500 gold for any art after that garunteed (so long as above conditions are met and you follow all the rules).

***I may add categories as I see fit.***

Grand Prize: 150,000 gold
Must be of good quality, colored, and suits the character Risa well personality wise. Backgrounds are incouraged as well as adding characters to interact with her.

Runner Up: 75,000 gold

Best Group Picture: 50,000 gold
For this prize, you have to draw in additional characters in which Risa can interact with. These characters can be human or animal. You can even give Risa a cute love interest if you want to.

Best Character: 20,000 gold
This prize doesn't have to be best drawn, just has to really get the feel of Risa and her personality.

Best Detailed: 25,000 gold
This prize goes to the picture with the best eye for detail, whether it be backgrounds, Risa herself, the people/animals around her, or the clothes she is wearing.

Best Season/Holiday: 25,000 gold
Have a favorite holiday or season? Well dress up Risa and decorate your art with some seasonal flare. Examples: Winter, Fall, Christmas, Halloween etc. This is the place to have some fun with the outfits.

Honorable Mentions: 10,000 gold
Multiple people may win this prize. This is for work that I really enjoy but didn't actually win any of the other prizes, but I still feel they deserve a little extra.

Page Prizes: Special Secret Prizes will be given to people who stay around and talk. Look for more information in a later post.

Total Prize Amount In Gold: 320,000 gold + honorable mentions and garunteed prices for art.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:57 pm
Page Contest!
Curious as to what this page contest is all about ... I've only hinted at it a few times. And I wonder just what is that secret prize ... Want to know? ... Well ... I'm not telling. But I promise, it will be nice! And you know what? Each of the winners may get something completely different.

So here is how the page contest works. You come in, and chat (NO BORING BUMPING - Bumps will not count). Even if you can't draw, you can still participate in the page contest. All you have to do is chat and be semi-regular at the time of the contest.

So you chat and be semi-regular and talk with me and the other people in the thread and reach the desired page... then what? Well I will take all the chatters on that page (no bumps count, nor do my posts count) and make a list of those people. Then I will randomly generate a number and that person wins the prize.

Depending on what I decide the prize to be at that time, it may take a few days to get the prize to you, so please be patient.

Now, I assume you all want to know what pages you want to reach? Well, below is the list, and if this places gets active, I will add pages. <3

Special Pages:
Page 25
Page 50
Page 100
Page 250
***Page 500 (If we get here, I will be very happy, and there may be a VERY special prize - provided I have the funds)

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200