Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Ouch, just ouch.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dawnwind Darkthorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:50 am
Today, I mentioned to my partner of almost four years that I'd found AFR, as a kind of segway into letting her know I'd started to return to the fandom (F4L, mainly) and when I mentioned that it wasn't bad, she responded with "You're not getting into that furry stuff again, are you?"

It just hurt, you know? It's not like I pounce around pretending I'm actually a cat or live up to the internet-formed stereotype - any more, I had a thing for adult furry images when we met, now not so much - but the wayshe said it just hurt.

It's not like being a furry is that much different from being a gamer, which she accepts with good grace. I don't know why she's so against it, perhaps the internet stereotype has sunk in with her.

Well, just wanted to vent. Ayone else got similar stories to tell so we can wallow in emo-ness together?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:08 pm
if she can't accept you for you then she is not worth your time. Just sayin  

cajunantichrist

I lost my notebook

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:12 pm
authentic cajun uke
if she can't accept you for you then she is not worth your time. Just sayin

Seconded.

I've gone through four of five relationships like that. The first time it hurt, the second time it was annoying, numbers three, four, and five were just told to GTFO without so much as batting an eyelash.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:09 am
Perhaps it would be best to ask, what exactly does she have against it.  

00Shoe
Captain

Dr Spangle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:12 pm
Dood as a hardcore almost professional gamer I have to give you a word of advice, flip her off and tell her to GTFO that is if she has no respect for you.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:33 pm
hmmm well my X thinks furries are animal raping freaks even though she turned out to be a c**k sucking cocain snorting whore.

Then my brother saw my "Furry" posters and deemed me a furfag also deeming me an animal rapist and many other things while saying to my mom (Who believes him -_-.) that I should keep away from the dog and cats so now everytime I go to pet my dog she says "Your not gonna rape him are you?!" -_-

People these days have seriously mental issues I swear.  

XxTeh_P3D0_BunBunzxX

Zetsukoshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:53 pm
Ehhe, don't wallow in emo-ness :3

Well, my boyfriend is averse to anime and all billions of sub-genres of it, so, I know how it is to hear "You're not getting into that _____ thing again, are you?"

it's hard, mostly because of the hinted tone of aversion/disgust. I... just realized I don't have advice, only solidarity!

Go very easy on your partner, perhaps sneak her into it somehow >P harder said than done, since she's likely to realize somethings up as you convince her to read a brilliant animal characterized comic...

But once in a while I get my boyfriend to watch a great anime film, and for one night I am successful in feeling mild acceptance >3

The most important thing is not let them rule your identity! even if s/he isn't into something, I feel like they only reach the status of horrible partner if they actively discourage you from doing what you love.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:11 pm
My BF had never heard of furries before me. At first he thought it was really weird. But I just showed him what it was all about, and what it wasn't.

He is kinda furry himself now. All though he would never admit it :p  

00Shoe
Captain

Post Rock

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:50 pm
meh. well i think she just doe-wait who said furfag?!?!? motha! i thought i was safe here! waaaa -cries-

ohhh the word furfag wasn't directed at me for once. well.... i like this guild already!  
Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games