Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
Help with a name-- put your thinking caps on

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HyperActivity

Tipsy Tycoon

6,150 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:59 pm
Hi there. I contemplated putting this in the fanfiction section, but I wasn't actually sure, so feel free to move it...

Anyway. I'm plotting out a Final Fantasy VII fanfiction, with the tentative title 'Silver WEAPON.' Don't judge me, its sort of a test to see if I can make it interesting and not mary-sueish >.>

Anyway, biggrin the story follows a normal female from Earth who gets hit by a truck, dies, and whose soul is taken away to Gaia by the Lifestream/Minerva. The planet had been destroyed by an insane Cloud, who finally was taken over by Sephiroth due to still kind of being a Sephiroth clone, and to fix the problem, our main character is reborn back in time as Sephiroth's twin sister... Reasons being the planet wanted to give Sephiroth a second chance, and in the event that events started to turn out the same, then the main character would be the insurance that Sephiroth would be killed before it happened. Hence the main character is called the Planet's Silver WEAPON. Since, you know, being a twin she'd look like Sephiroth.

I digress... that's the storyline, but my problem is coming up with a name for this female main character. I'm having trouble coming up with a MEANINGFUL name. I've been wracking the internet, but right now I'm up against a wall. I don't want to take the easy way out and name her Jenova... Since you see, Hojo names Sephiroth, and the word 'Sephiroth' isn't technically a name. It's a religious term for the ten things that make up God, or something... well, you can look it up. I want to find an equally meaningful name for my character that Hojo would most likely give her. Not something that sounds cheesy, or obviously a forced word... um.

If you wouldn't mind, does anyone have any ideas for this kind of character? I will be forever in your debt. Thank you for your time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:08 pm
Maybe Leilani, it means royal child of heaven.  

Akumauri

Oblivious Mischief
Crew

Tricky Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:31 pm
Sephiroth in Hebrew is said to be the 10 spheres that is the foundation of all things. It was created by the seven spirits of Elohim.

In the scriptures, Elohim is said to be a male. But it's a fic, you can bend that. razz (with Hojo, he can do whatever he wants.)

The spirit of the living Elohim, blessed and more than blessed be the living Elohim of ages. His Voice, His Spirit, and His Word are the Holy Spirit.

Also, there is Ima. Which I guess you can convert to Emma to discreetly hide the previous word which means mother in Hebrew.

I especially like this name to be someone who's Sephiroth's twin because of this line in the Hebrew Scriptures:

The three Mothers, enclose a great, wonderful, and unknown mystery, and are sealed by six wings (or elementary circles), namely, air, water, fire--each divided into an active and a passive power. The Mothers, gave birth to the Fathers (the progenitors), and these gave birth to the generations.

It mentions wings and also mentions giving birth to the generations. Which can mean a birth of a new hope OR a birth of a new type of species. (which IMO sounds very Hojo-like)

I hope these will help you greatly.

For more info:
The Qabbalah  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:58 pm
maybe Mirage. meaning she is one of Hojo's master pieces and he could interpit the mean of Mirage as something that is Beautiful or perfect that she couldn't possibly be real. shes an alussion that is too good to be true.

just a thought.

marieaskelinton

HyperActivity

Tipsy Tycoon

6,150 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:51 pm
Oblivious Mischief
Sephiroth in Hebrew is said to be the 10 spheres that is the foundation of all things. It was created by the seven spirits of Elohim.

In the scriptures, Elohim is said to be a male. But it's a fic, you can bend that. razz (with Hojo, he can do whatever he wants.)

The spirit of the living Elohim, blessed and more than blessed be the living Elohim of ages. His Voice, His Spirit, and His Word are the Holy Spirit.

Also, there is Ima. Which I guess you can convert to Emma to discreetly hide the previous word which means mother in Hebrew.

I especially like this name to be someone who's Sephiroth's twin because of this line in the Hebrew Scriptures:

The three Mothers, enclose a great, wonderful, and unknown mystery, and are sealed by six wings (or elementary circles), namely, air, water, fire--each divided into an active and a passive power. The Mothers, gave birth to the Fathers (the progenitors), and these gave birth to the generations.

It mentions wings and also mentions giving birth to the generations. Which can mean a birth of a new hope OR a birth of a new type of species. (which IMO sounds very Hojo-like)

I hope these will help you greatly.

For more info:
The Qabbalah

Hey, thanks biggrin This is pretty good! I like the idea of Ima, or 'Emma' (or even Ema xD) as a name. I'll check out the link too. Thank you very much biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:14 pm
Here's a thought. Morgenstern. It translates to Morning Star in German, which could be to mean that it's a refrence to her being their only hope, should Sephiroth not change.  

The Wrath Of Sorrow

2,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Informer 100

HyperActivity

Tipsy Tycoon

6,150 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:51 am
The Wrath Of Sorrow
Here's a thought. Morgenstern. It translates to Morning Star in German, which could be to mean that it's a refrence to her being their only hope, should Sephiroth not change.

"Morgenstern" huh... That has a nice ring to it. And Morgen for short...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:54 pm
Just puttin' it out there. Hope it helps.  

The Wrath Of Sorrow

2,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Informer 100

khforever12

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:17 pm
I would say sophia because they are twins so theirs should be alike.  
FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games