Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply General RP
[OOC] Help With Character Building

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zetsukoshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:01 pm
Hope I can post Out of Character thread here?

I wanted some input designing a character... s/he's not my fursona, but, a lovely new character. I don't want to rush into designing characters like I used to; she's going to be birthed with thought and consideration, especially about her backstory!

The main premise, is that she's a Caribou+Thylacine = Caracine

I really used to love Thylacine's as a kid~

Sou, it's a female (or maybe an intersex character?) and Aelyrin requested she be "bad a**"

having trouble with hair...

sketching her now. What kind of personality/back story ideas you guys have?

Also willing to give input on your own characters/fursonas~! Will be fun!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:08 pm
Well if I were to reeeeeally consider what makes a character come to life, I'd put in all the normal things that make an individual quirky such as obsession with fads or a disdain for abstract art, but I'd also like to consider what their prime MOTIVATOR is; that is to say, what is their end-all goal in life that they are always thinking about in their spare time?

Along those same lines, what sort of conflicts, opinions, or especially strong memories does your character posess which seperates them from the rest of the crowd?
They don't have to have lost both parents in a tragic fire started by Joe Mob Boss, but maybe their pet gold fish died and theyve been afraid of the ocean ever since they watched a documentary on Titanic as a child.  

Knul

Wheezing Millionaire

Zetsukoshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:20 pm
Heh thanks Knul (wow we're bouncing around a few diff topics this eve~)

Really good tips, ahha, but a sad thought occured to me; it seems my characters will have more goals/motivation, quirks, conflicts and opinions than myself, I bet, myaaa...

And then I may have to use her as a role-model for life.... wait, is that what all of these people are doing with characters modeled after themselves?! o.o self-made aspirations~? Hnn~

I need inspiration for her, time to delve into music...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 pm
Zetsukoshi
Heh thanks Knul (wow we're bouncing around a few diff topics this eve~)

Really good tips, ahha, but a sad thought occured to me; it seems my characters will have more goals/motivation, quirks, conflicts and opinions than myself, I bet, myaaa...

And then I may have to use her as a role-model for life.... wait, is that what all of these people are doing with characters modeled after themselves?! o.o self-made aspirations~? Hnn~

I need inspiration for her, time to delve into music...

I use all sorts of mediums for my characters
i try to ad some sort of creativity in them

why is this in rp  

MR HIGH COMMAND

Zetsukoshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:02 pm
Cuz' I'm planning on role playing with this char, hurr? Ehhe. And I wanted other role players input. Though I guess elsewhere would be fine too.

Using references and mediums is the best~ I'm going to insert.... she's looking very Ergo Proxy-ish right now, if anyone's seen that anime @__@ maybe... too Lil/Real like...

Ack my music shut off again, bah... inspiration into my sleep brain.

Maybe I should listen to classic punk music like I've been meaning to and inject her with that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:16 pm
This may get confusing, but I'll try and explain it the best I can...

The way I've created my Fursona is by taking some of my favorite things I knew as a child (i.e. books, anime, etc.) and combined them with parts of my personality I particularly like or keep hidden/locked away.

The name for my character and the species came from a book I read looooong ago: The Sight. Larka was a white wolf in the book and she is as my Fursona. Her first appearance was that of Ouka from .Hack//Legend of Twilight, but she eventually "evolved" into an anthro white wolf with some intriguing markings.

Her personality is from a part of mine. She's a sort of sexy bad a** who must decide whether to kill or ********. {Pardon the language.} She's sneaky, seductive, crazy, and wild. But she has a puppy side to her as well: cuddly and loyal.

I guess the best way to figure out what your Fursona is is by creating a roleplaying character that's not just another "toss-away" one and very similar to you, or at least how you want to be if you could make yourself.

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Zetsukoshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:26 pm
:O ! Memory fondness! the Sight~? That was by the author of The Fire Bringer!! <3 (which I read first and loved more, therefore >D It was about caribou! They were very similar books though...) So awesome to be reminded of a great childhood book~

It seems like a great exercise in self-introspection to properly develop a fursona for myself... I'm getting less hesitant about it~ Seems like a sort of ongoing slow process too, though.... am I getting too old, at 21? Lul joke.

Though with Caracine character, that wouldn't be me, ahha... she's developing along a different tangent. Though all characters have a little of yourself.

Thanks for the fursona-ing tips~ Do I call you Larka around here, then...?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:28 pm
Larka or Dark is fine.
:3
If you were to call me Larka, I'd revert to that aspect of myself, so hopefully you are prepared to handle her.
X"D

Dark is just generally me and whatever mood I am in.

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Zetsukoshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:37 pm
Uuuh fuu, right now I am sleepy and not prepared for anything, Dark m'darling!

It's cool that personal identity is really important to fur fans... something to ponder on more, for myself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:39 pm
I've never really thought of it that way, but I guess it is important.
:3

I think it would be very difficult to make a proper Fursona without first exploring yourself some.

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
General RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items