Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
dealing with death Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gin The Bard

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:02 pm
I see the death as something 100% normal... the circle of life... born, grow, choose a couple, die. xD Nature wants us to be like that...
The 2 grandfathers of my father, one of my grandfathers and one of my grandmothers died in my life... and i'vent even cried... i dont know really, but, im just like that.
... Talking about pets... one of my pets (A belgic shepherd dog) was stolen from the farm of my dad, and my dad didnt want to go to look for it because he said that he destroys everything in the house... (Wich for me, is really stupid).
And... a dog that i get when i was 3 years old... eat a frog and died because he was allergic to them crying ... that was last year.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:31 pm
XxX_Shadow-Wolf458XxX
furrysnow13
XxX_Shadow-Wolf458XxX
I know how you feel
I lost my best friend last year another one 3 months ago and another one 2 months ago

omg thats harsh! D':
how'd you managed to finally be at ease about it?
-huggles- <33

I'm still dealing with it all of em where humans... but I just think of the good times i spent with em

yeah... thats about all you can do..
that ninja avi of yours is pretty sweet!  

furrysnow13

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

furrysnow13

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:35 pm
XxX_Shadow-Wolf458XxX
furrysnow13
XxX_Shadow-Wolf458XxX
I know how you feel
I lost my best friend last year another one 3 months ago and another one 2 months ago

omg thats harsh! D':
how'd you managed to finally be at ease about it?
-huggles- <33

I'm still dealing with it all of em where humans... but I just think of the good times i spent with em

yeah... thats about all you can do..
that ninja avi of yours is pretty sweet!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:20 pm
I don't think there's any right way to deal with it. We all grieve in our own way, and grieve differently for different losses.

I'm not sure how to tell you what to do to get over the loss. It's been over three months and I'm still not over mine. Even talking about it still brings me to tears, as does every little thing that reminds me of the person I've lost.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:22 am
I've dealt with plenty of death in my line of work. I'm a soldier, by the way, Canadian, NOT American, although I respect the hard work the American military does.

Seeing a buddy in Afghanistan die is not something out of the movies...it is harsh and horrible. You never really get over the shock of watching someone or something die. You just accept it- hell, we all will die, eventually... but something I've come to accept as a sort of motto:

Live life like hell, enjoy yourself to the maximum you can, and go to your grave satisfied.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:08 pm
Lazurkri
I've dealt with plenty of death in my line of work. I'm a soldier, by the way, Canadian, NOT American, although I respect the hard work the American military does.

Seeing a buddy in Afghanistan die is not something out of the movies...it is harsh and horrible. You never really get over the shock of watching someone or something die. You just accept it- hell, we all will die, eventually... but something I've come to accept as a sort of motto:

Live life like hell, enjoy yourself to the maximum you can, and go to your grave satisfied.

Perfect example of how people deal with death differently.

I can't even begin to understand what you've been through. My grandfather was a WWII veteran (a medic even) and he never got over what he experienced. Haunted him to his last days.

I don't fear death, and I accept it but that's really quite different than mourning a loss. I've taken my loss a lot harder than I thought I would, and harder than I've taken previous losses, so I guess there's really no telling how you'll react.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers