Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
what is your oppinion on Final Fantasy IX

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rindia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:46 pm
i cant see why people think that Ix is Childish, and dumb and the main guys isnt emo enough... if they think its childish then they probally think that the 1-5 is for babys to... UGH.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:21 pm
FF9 was made to look like that as a tribute to Final Fantasy's that passed as it is the last 1-digit FF in the series. So it tries to 'look' like 1 to 8 combined. Since the sprites only started to look 'better' starting FF7, they have to make the characters look like 1 to 6 with a better 3D feel. Even you see 1 to 5 as something "baby-ish", so it should be no surprise for 9 to be childish to many.

But it isn't dumb. And it really doesn't matter if other people think the main character isn't emo enough. Zidane actually is one of my faves for being the optimistic dude that he is.  

Oblivious Mischief
Crew

Tricky Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Surfingpichu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:26 pm
Personally I loved FFIX. I actually loved it so much, and loved Final Fantasies 1-5 so much that when I finally did get around to playing 7 I was kind of disappointed. I really thought everything looked good. Sure it used the superdeformed style, but it looked like the earlier games did, and I liked how it stuck to the formula.

I really don't like the newer FFs. They don't really do it for me. FFIX is the newest FF that I liked really. The ones that came after... none of them really struck me the same way. I really, really like IX.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:09 am
I liked 1-5 and i can't stand playing 7 and i don't know why sad (i think its because of cloud >.< ) but i have never played (if there is) 6 or 8 and i didn't think 9 looked to bad compared to the other games before it, it looked good ^.^ never could finish though :S  

SadaKiyo

Streaker

SMARTAgentKC

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:51 am
From what I played of it... FFIX was alright... Zidane was a good character  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:52 am
It's one of my favorite FF games.  

metal_blossom

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:37 pm
I believe IX was a nice addition to the series. The greatest part of this series is that each and every one is unique in it's own way and yet still pays tribute to classic Final Fantasy themes. Examples would be moogles or the musical themes such as the Crystal Theme and the Victory Fanfare. Everything is unique, so I don't believe one should pit VIII or IX together for a comparison. Some people may have thought it was, but I think of it as it not being their style.

Also, how was Zidane emo? He was one of the most optimistic and flirtatious leads in all of the Final Fantasy series. Whoever is telling you this has not played a wide variety of games, or so it seems.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:21 pm
Almost all Final Fantasy fans actually like Final Fantasy IX, however, they just compare it to everything else and they don't like the new direction it went in. Zidane was childish because he was actually a KID. Final Fantasy IX used a variety of younger and more unique characters. Honestly, my favorite game in the world is Final Fantasy VII, hands down. People think that Cloud is just emo, but in truth, if everthing in his life happened to you, wouldn't you be depressed? The storyline in VII was flawless, and by far the most intricate storyline without going overboard. Sephiroth is the ultimate antagonist, and was once a hero. The battle system for VII was an ATB system, which really required you to think quickly as well as make sure that you have a good combination of materia and weapons that gave you the best advantage. Also, all of the extras that aren't required, yet in a different sense, vital to the game were perfectly balanced to keep you interested in the game as well as entertained without a moment of boredom. My favorite activity to kill time was either grinding, or Chocobo breeding and racing. The card game in IX is probably my second favorite Final Fantasy mini game, and it made you want to go around the entire world to get every single care possible and beat every player. Final Fantasy in general is probably the greatest game series created, and Final Fantasy IX was an excellent addition to it, regardless of the opinions of biased critics. The newest ones aren't as good as the older styles, but they are still good games, and if they came first, then everybody would love them immediately.
The Final Fantasy VII game for playstation was by far the masterpiece of Squaresoft. And Final Fantasy IX was an incredibly popular addition to the series that is only critiqued so negatively due to the fact that it came AFTER the best of the Final Fantasies. If it had came first, it would receive very little negative response to it.

P.S.- I have played every single Final Fantasy game out there and have completed them all 100%.  

Damien Darke

Distinct Hunter

1,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Saiyan-Cetra Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:57 am
it's the comic relief of the series, and was very interesting, good character development, and adequate story

8.5/10  
FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff