Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Class]Curses, Hexes, and Spells (Assignment, Page 8) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grey Dragon
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:55 am
With his senses on high alert, Jove realized he was being scrutinized almost immediately, and his ears pressed back until they almost disappeared into his fluffy hair. Why did that reaper keep looking at him? Was he planning to ambush him after class, maybe once Seiji wasn't there to keep a look out?

He jumped when the other ghost nudged his tail. Well... The other night? He was maybe a bit better...

The pup glanced back over at the purple haired reaper, who had thankfully stopped looking at him. And then he had to hope it wasn't because ambush plans were already complete.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:35 am
This might work, Roch thought, a little grin pulling at his lips as he looked at the music notes he had written. He tried tapping them out on the desk with his fingers, but he failed to get the distinct different notes from it. It just sounded like tapping.

Frustrated, he thought of using the ceramic potato that he had gotten from music class, but he still had no clue how to use that, much less which note was which.

With an irritated sound he lifted his hand, fisting it and drawing his FEAR into position to form his guitar.  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:27 am
The complete absence of any solid response from the pup made the ghost look down at him keenly. Noting the folded ears, the tension that only seemed to be raising despite his efforts to get a smile.

He followed Jove's gave back to the reaper boil he'd called out to a moment ago, watching him tapping along his desk and writing. He didn't see anything worth being concerned about, but he was also a rather large boil and his knowledge of reapers was instinctual at best. Ghosts and Reapers didn't general mesh, the ways had never been explained to him.

Of course even with his limited knowledge of the other race the hungry ghost stiffened as the magic around the reaper boil changed and seemed to concentrate at the shift of his hand into a fist.

Sitting up a little straighter, the older ghost draped his arm across Jove's shoulders. Watching Roch intently. What the Jack was he doing?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:43 pm
Perhaps Nyyrikki couldn't sense the movement of FEAR like the ghosts could, but he definitely knew the feeling of tension floating off of the two boils nearby, and was able to tell the problem. The purple-haired reaper, who he'd seen in his other class, looked a little tense.

He changed seats smoothly, plopping himself easily across from the other reaper and peaking at his paper. The music notes didn't read clearly to him, though he knew some. He'd never really looked at sheets too closely, even when he was just learning to play drums. "Taking music class I little seriously, hm?" He joked, trying to catch his attention.

He slid his eyes to the ghost boils, winked, and gave a friendly smile. It was just a small hint that he was trying to help out and keep anything from turning south.

DarkHeartedSorrows

Sparkly Receiver

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:27 pm
Roch jerked, the FEAR disappearing and his hand unclenching. "Oh, yeah, uh, this isn't music class, is it?" he said a bit lamely. "I was just gonna summon my guitar to try it out, see?" he said, holding up the page to the other reaper. "I'd try using the potato, but I'm still not sure what the hell it is," he added dryly. "Much less how to play certain notes on it."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:13 pm
Nyyrikki laughed and grinned at the boy. "Nah, this isn't music class. And I'd much rather hear anything on a well-played guitar than a potato, I think." He scrunched up his face and shrugged. "Though I suppose we'll have to play our class instruments at some point..."

He tapped his stained fingers on the table. "Maybe you should research what your instrument is?"

DarkHeartedSorrows

Sparkly Receiver

Grey Dragon
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:35 pm
A dramatic shiver ran from Jove's tail up his spine, and his fur bristled out enough to completely hide his ears, pressed firmly against the back of his head. Another reaper! And that one winked! Instead of the expression putting the pup at ease, it made him all the more nervous. Who knew what that boil was thinking...

The pup slouched down in his seat, trying to disappear completely. He didn't remember anything of his past life, and remembered next to nothing about his release in Halloween, but he couldn't forget that scent, and the sheer terror that followed as he ran around frightened. He could only imagine how scary those reapers could be if they tried to chase him right that instant.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:48 pm
Completely oblivious to the pup ghost's terror, Roch reached down and pulled the ocarina from the pocket in his jeans. It had made a bit of a bulge. "I'm gonna haveta get a backpack," he said idly before showing it to Nyyrikki. "So far I've figured out you can change the notes by covering the holes, see?"

He brought it to his lips, blowing lightly as he covered all but one hole. Then he made a face. "And it's flat," he said. "Which ain't a bad thing if you can get a major key to balance it out, but I really don't wanna hear it squeak unless I gotta. You got some sort of flute, right?"  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

DarkHeartedSorrows

Sparkly Receiver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am
He squinted at the strange instrument, unsure of what to make of it. What the boy said made sense, because that was how his own flute worked, but the sound was... unpleasant. "Maybe it's not supposed to sound like that. Like, maybe there's a special technique or something."

He made a face at the mention of his own instrument. "Yeah, I got the flute. So ghoul-y."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:17 am
For the most part, Shun hadn't really been paying all that much attention to the conversation going on in the room. There was some tension in the air, but he dismissed it. It wasn't until he heard a rather flat note that he looked up to see what was going on.

It looked like one of the reapers had an ocarina in hand. The other reaper nearby said something about getting a flute so something about music was apparently the topic.

Not too far off, he also noticed a rather frightened looking ghost boy, slouching down. He didn't really know what his deal was, but didn't care all too much either. Maybe the kid really didn't want to be here or something along those lines.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:45 pm
((Note to all ~ I sincerely apologize for how far behind I have fallen with my classroom. I never meant to take so long to organize the class and it isn't fair to you students. I am very sorry and I am going to do my utmost best to keep this updated regularly. Thank you all for being so patient!))

Audley glared out at the classroom abruptly, hoping to silence any of the noisy students. Not that they were being very noisy, but she hoped to discourage the behavior.

After a moment she stood and addressed the class.

"Alright, one of the strong points of curses, hexes, and spells is that there is such a long history of them being used and created. There are also a number of historical wizards, witches, warlock, sorcerers, reapers, demons, etc. This history can be very helpful to us. Therefore, this next assignment is going to be rather simple. I want everyone to pull out a blank piece of paper."

She paused a moment to let the students do so.

"On this paper I want you to write your name, please," she added with a sigh, knowing that if she didn't say something, some students would forget. They always did. "Then I want you to pick a famous witch, wizard, demon, sorcerer, etc. Pick one and tell me why you picked them. Is it because you admire them? Because you dislike them? Tell me why they stood out. Below that I want you to think of a famous spell, curse, or hex and do the same. Be creative and please, attempt to use correct grammar and spelling. I will pick a few that stand out and those students might receive something special."

With that, Audley took her seat again and turned to an impressive stack of slightly soiled paperwork, muttering something under he breath about murdering gnomes.

[There are no wrong answers here. You can pick ANY historical, literary, fictional character, etc. Same with the spell, curse, or hex. Can be from a book, a movie, a game, anything! Be creative, be funny, be serious, anything you want!]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:24 pm
Hearing the professor speak up, Shun's attention snapped towards her, glad to have things begin. He had been getting bored just sitting there. The setup seemed to be pretty straightforward, but the Reaper soon frowned as she asked everyone to pull out a blank sheet of paper.

She wanted them to write.

She wanted correct grammar... and spelling.

Spelling.

Shun cursed inwardly, feeling irritated with the assignment already. There wasn't enough time in the class for him to try and make sure he had everything correct. Jack damn his dyslexia.

Still, he wanted to learn. So, he begrudgingly grabbed some paper and his pencil and got to work.

Assignment
Shun Kuroda

Flameth, alos known as the Watch of the Wolds is a poewrful shaepsifter. She its canning, manepulitive, and can git whot she wents, whenaver she wants. Four a lon time, no on raelly knew wat she was; a daemon or a witch? She donned meny disguizes and her apparence chinged over teh yaers. Peopl are not rilly sure if she is sill alove today. If soo, seh ish likely jus undr a niw naem, bidng tiem befour comig out into teh opin onc more.

As fer a spell, thears teh fobiddn spill, abada kadobra, aslo knwn as the killing purse. Its an incerdibly powerful spell thot is sid to be abel to instintly kill is target. The fat that soemoen managed to fabrikate suhc a spell, is impersive. Hoewver, I wuold imagin tht this would bee both a FARE taxing spll as will as one that is dificcult to perphorm.

If there was one thing Shun hated more than reading or writing... it was having to read his own writing. Words that were jumbled before in his eyes became even worse when attempting to proofread his written material. After a few minutes of trying to correct his mistakes, the Reaper just gave up. There was no point in doing this himself.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:34 am
Roch hesitated, glancing around to make sure no one was watching as he showed himself to be the music nerd that he really was. But--well, his favorite reaper was and always would be--

Quote:

Roch

Ludwig van Beethoven was a reaper in the late 1700's. He specialized in composing, I know this cuz because Bones taught me how to play a little bit of classical when I was a kid. This guy used music to reap souls, but he was way more than that, y'know you know? He was brilliant. He went deaf in his twenties, that's when he came up with the spell "inner ear" which let him hear the music still, and he kept composing till he was dead, practically.

He wrote the famous songs "Funeral March" and "Requiem." I mean, he's so famous that a punk like me knows about him hundreds of years later--sure, I'm a MUSICAL punk, so I probably know a lot more musicians than most people, but-- yeah. That "inner ear" spell, that's pretty awesome. A musician lives by his hands and his ears. You lose one, you ain't aren't a musician anymore.

Belatedly he scrawled his name across the top in his messy handwriting.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:23 am
Astra looked at her blank sheet of paper, pen idly tapping her cheek as she thought about which Reaper or which she would write about. Finally settling on one, she put pen to paper and began to write.

Quote:

Astra

Madam Mim was a witch who lived around a period called the 'dark ages'. She was really good at tricking others, and she knew some really powerful spells. Madman Min had challenged another wizard called Merlin to a wizards duel, and she was able to trick him many times,and she almost won the duel to.

I chose her because one of the things she does best is trickery. She was able to fool Merlin into taking the duel and following the rules, then she used her spells to confuse him. Even though she didn't win, I think she tried really hard, and I've always been impressed with what she can do.

One of the spells she used was a some sort of illusion spell, so powerful that it made her look like she could turn into animals, including a dragon!

Quickly finishing up her work, she wrote her name at the top and then went to reread her work to make sure there wasn't any mistakes.  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:22 am
Barth slowly scrawled the sorry semblance of an essay.

Quote:

B. Mudd
merrywether fairy orig. of 100 yr. sleep curse, v. important re: protective thorns
death curse by victim on murderer(s) viz. c̄ blood, precautionary

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces