Reply ~Ancient Scrolls~
Angels vs Demons?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheElvanGod

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:21 pm
i'm fascinated by this topic, but is this wrong? I don't believe that this is how Angels and Demons work (After all, Angel mean Messenger, not warrior)) but there is always that shadow of doubt.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:10 am
That works, until you read Revelation 12:7.
It isn't always that Hollywoodish war that people think of when the topic comes to angels and demons. It's a little more than that. The angels are servants of God, same as we are. The demons are an already conquered foe.  

rosadria
Crew

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:05 am

Angels are servants of the Lord. Not only are they messengers, but they are also warriors, warriors who battle against demons by the order of the Lord. And it's everywhere.

Consider when Adam and Eve are kicked out of the Garden. God puts two awesome, fiery-sword wielding angels to guard it. In Revelation, you learn about angels as warriors.

They are messengers and warriors. But more than that, they are servants. Servants of the Lord.

Demons are servants of Satan, the angels who went with Satan in the rebellion. They fell, with Satan, and now they serve Satan, who seeks to disrupt the Lord's work, but can never succeed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:14 pm
Angels can be seen as warriors. Michael the archangel led in the war against Satan and his minions.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

xxsoullessANGELUSxx

Dapper Explorer

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:31 pm
Not to mention how, every time angels are referenced/seen by someone in the Bible, the people aren't thinking 'aw, that's adorable' or 'how nice'....they're bowing, and they're terrified. The angel(s) say "Do not be afraid." Angels are very powerful, because they are God's angels. I haven't watched "Angels and Demons", and I've heard it isn't something for me to watch... (a few friends really didn't like it, so I took their advise)

Yeah, basically demons have already lost. As long as we are protected by God, they cannot harm us.

What is "Angels and Demons" about, anyway?...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:40 pm
xxsoullessANGELUSxx
Not to mention how, every time angels are referenced/seen by someone in the Bible, the people aren't thinking 'aw, that's adorable' or 'how nice'....they're bowing, and they're terrified. The angel(s) say "Do not be afraid." Angels are very powerful, because they are God's angels. I haven't watched "Angels and Demons", and I've heard it isn't something for me to watch... (a few friends really didn't like it, so I took their advise)

Yeah, basically demons have already lost. As long as we are protected by God, they cannot harm us.

What is "Angels and Demons" about, anyway?...

I think that you're talking about something different. The Dan Brown book? That's Angels and Demons. The OP is talking about the idea of angels going up against demons.

Or maybe I'm off. >.<  

Wishboxx

xxsoullessANGELUSxx

Dapper Explorer

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:42 pm
oops. XD You're right. Okay. (I didn't catch that) Well, I was still on topic... haha.  
~Ancient Scrolls~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games