Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Fire Rekindled

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zoje972

4,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:59 pm
This is something that just popped into my head while I was trying to sleep.

There is a time in every human life, that all except for the very fortunate, feel as if they are not wanted. Not wanted, not loved. If you have not ever felt this way, then count yourself very lucky indeed. Fot it is not a feeling to be treasured. One may feel as if those who had said they would be there always, had grown tired of your presence. As if no one in the world gives a damn about what you want, what you think, what you like, or you yourself. Your heart feels cold and hollow, you feel no need to live as the first waves of depression roll in to fill the emptiness inside of you. You may have thoughts along the lines of 'Why dont I just end it all here?' or 'It would be so easy. Just one quick slit with the knife and no more pain, no more suufering, so easy.'

It can go one for days, in some cases months. Most will hang on to life long enough for someone, or something I might add, to come along and rekindle the fire in your heart that we humans have so rightfully named, Hope. The fire will become so bright and warm that all the remanants of the depression just wash away, everything is right again. But the memory of it will always linger.

For those who dont have their fire rekindled, death welcomes them with open arms.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, Im new.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:08 pm
...'It would be so easy. Just one quick slit with the knife and no more pain, no more suufering, so easy.'

It can go one for days, in some cases months...

Just a few small typos. I like it - a little gloomy, but that's just my tastes. Nice job biggrin  

[Sonya--McCaw]

Dangerous Survivor

10,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Conversationalist 100

zoje972

4,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:11 pm
Thanks, sorry for the typos. I usually try to type my works in Microsoft Word first but Im on my friends laptop and well...it doesnt have Microsoft Word. Its probably the only lap top in the world that doesnt have that software. confused stare  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:15 pm
It's okay. I hate microsoft word, personally - I just run the whole thing through a few online spell checks, then read through it again. Not as quick, but whatever.  

[Sonya--McCaw]

Dangerous Survivor

10,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Culex Xeluc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:21 am
I feel like it is a ...hmm...I don't know. I want to say out-of-context, but there is no real context haha. I'd almost expect someone to be telling someone else this. It seems a little too "Um, 'kay." by itself. I like the idea, though I think you could work on the actual background, if you would. Embellish it maybe.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:28 am
zoje972
This is something that just popped into my head while I was trying to sleep.

There is a time in every human life, thatwhen all except for the very fortunate, feel as if they are not wanted. Not wanted, not loved. If you have not ever felt this way, then count yourself very lucky indeed. Fort it is not a feeling to be treasured. One may feel as if those who had said they would be there always, had grown tired of your presence. As if no one in the world gives a damn about what you want, what you think, what you like, or you yourself. Your heart feels cold and hollow, you feel no need to live as the first waves of depression roll in to fill the emptiness inside of you. You may have thoughts along the lines of 'Why dont I just end it all here?' or 'It would be so easy. Just one quick slit with the knife and no more pain, no more suufering, so easy.' (You could probably format this last bit more effectively, e.g.:
You may be plagued by dark thoughts.
'Why dont I just end it all here?'
'It would be so easy. Just one quick slit with the knife and no more pain, no more suufering, so easy.')

It can go one for days, in some cases months. Most will hang on to life long enough for someone, or something, I might add, to come along and rekindle the fire in your heart that we humans have so rightfully named, Hope. (Why rightfully? Hope isn't called the same thing in all languages.) The fire will become so bright and warm that all the remanants of the depression just wash away, everything is right again. But the memory of it will always linger.

For those who dont have their fire rekindled, death welcomes them with open arms.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, Im new.

This is interesting, but it feels more like a fragment of something longer - maybe the start of a story, or part of a monologue - than something that can stand alone. You've got some good images, and I do like the last line.
Stylistically, most things I've picked up on are either pretty small or a matter of personal preference. The only bigger thing is the narration - you switch around the voice from a quite formal 'one' to more informal language (like 'don't give a damn'), and at times the 'you' being spoken to feels a bit more like 2nd person narration than a smoother 3rd person.
It shouldn't take too much to tidy this up, if you want to carry it on into something longer.
Oh, and yes I think you've posted it in the right place!  

charbookwyrm

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff