Submit

Time for charity!
  Yay!
View Results

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:23 pm

It's charity time!

I wanted to share this with you guys so that you knew where your donated money was going, and because it is something that encompasses the whole guild. It is important for us to be open and honest with you about such things. After all, it is your gold, and I expect you to hold us accountable should anything happen.

Here's what's going to happen.

I'm going to go through the Newbies Forum (public forum) and select five people to receive a gift of 5k gold (or an item costing that amount). I will let you know the names of the people I've chosen.

I'm going to be using the guild mule, and I send them a message such as "On behalf of the Proud Christians of Gaia guild I wish to present you with this gift. May God bless you and aid you in your endeavors".

Also, what do you guys think. 5k gold, or an item that costs 5k gold? I want to do items so that I can send it to them as a gift, rather than a trade. heart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:29 pm
I'd say, do an item that costs that much. It should work.  

Sapphirianna

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kyo the III

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:20 pm
i would say 5 gold. Thats what i'd like. I'm Willing to donate 5k for one person...i only have 8k  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:47 am
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩
well, it makes more sense being a gift (item) cause it's easier to be anonimous, but it's true that people prefere the gold.

since it'll be trough the mule, then maybe the gold by trade system would be better. this way, we - whoever wants to participate - may choose to pass as "unknown", as it should be.

this is something like the main idea of all of this... right? (:

so i'd say gold.  

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:25 pm

Well, you guys won't be giving anything to others--unless you want to. But you're not required. We accept donations to the guild mule for this purpose, along with prizes and awards for contests and games.

I will think about it. I also have to remember that different people have different styles. 5k gold might be better. But it does kind of take away from the gift and surprise aspect.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:03 pm

I've decided to have this guild's charity participate in Wishboxx's charity thread. Feel free to participate and give donations to that thread, or people, out of your own supply.

I will be giving gifts that will use up a majority of the mule's money.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm limiting the usage of the gold of the mule to 60k for the charity.

I don't know whether it will be passing out items or donating gold to the charity.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:45 am

Please note:

Gave 10k gold to Night is coming sgt.
This has opened him up to a ministry opportunity, and I am befriending him.

Please pray for him, and for me.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

~Ancient Scrolls~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas