Reply ♪ Metal
Doom/drone

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Duchess Says

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:03 pm
Anybody else a fan? I've listened to a little bit of it, but I'm starting to get into the genres again.

Examples/stuff I like:

Sunn O))) (specifically their compilation album with Boris)
Earth
Asva
The Angelic Process
Coffin Dancer
Thou
Buried at Sea
etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:58 am
I like some doom bands, especially those that double as stoner metal bands like Acid King, Pinball Wizard, and Goblin c**k.  

LordKhrima
Crew

Duchess Says

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:53 pm
Stoner metal is cool, but I really haven't been able to get into it.

By the way, what exactly is the difference between stoner and sludge?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:47 pm
Stoner is sort of slow paced (sometimes closer to medium, but never too fast) and has really prominent bass sounds. A lot of it purposefully has bad sound quality to give it a different feel. The vocals are low, but they rarely go into growls or anything. And stoner metal is obviously about drugs a lot. It's related a lot to doom metal, but it also has kind of a bluesy feel to it.

Sludge metal has that same relation to doom metal, but instead of a bluesy feel it has more of a hard edge to it. So you get louder more powerful and distorted vocals and instrumentals instead of mellow ones. And instead of that prominent bass, you get more of a drum-centric feel a lot of the time. It also can be a lot faster than stoner metal, but it often switches between fast and slow tempo.  

LordKhrima
Crew

♪ Metal

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces