Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
victory mosque at Ground Zero Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

THE tube sock

Tipsy Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:20 pm
Pandern
so because a few crazy muslims killed a measly 3000 people you get up in arms.... Ever heard of the crusades... Way more violent then the death toll from this war.... yet the muslims dont complain about a few churches in their holy lands... Just some food for thought

This food seems underprepared.

The bringing up of the Crusades is a pitiful argument to try and explain or compare modern day Muslim violence. Also, Muslims do very much complain about churches in their holy lands. Churches are burnt and desecrated by the hundreds through out the Islamic world, from Bosnia to the Sudan to Pakistan. While reciprocity isn't always necessary, what cannot go on are Muslim migrants incessant demanding for special rights, but that is a discussion for another day. Militant Islamists find support within the mainstream Muslim community through their literalist take on the Qu'ran, Hadiths and Sunnas (among other Islamic texts).

I disagree with the so-called "Victory Mosque's" location first and foremost. The more I hear from Diasy Khan and Imam Rauf, the more my opposition to the actual construction of A Islamic Center lessens. I do actually believe they are sincere. It may be a bit of naivety on my part, I don't know, but I want to believe them because it will take the concerted efforts of Moderate Muslims to counteract that of the Radical Muslims who have effectively silenced them through their violence and by finding sympathy within the mainstream Muslim community (as mentioned above).

I believe a chance must be given for them to prove themselves. But the location MUST be changed. The location has already created a lot of animosity and thus counteracts the proposed projects alleged plan. Numerous higher bids were reported on the site before and after it was given to the Cordoba Initiative and Sharif El-Gamal. That I find particularly odd and would like a thorough explanation of which has yet to be given (amongst other things mainly around the financial dealings of the aforementioned El-Gamal).  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:34 pm
starlightlynn30
I don't want a mosque near ground zero, it is an insult to the American people and a slap in the face to our freedom. I don't care if it is a "religious right" but they are the people who murdered 3000 lives.
yeah just for that i hope they B.I.H.  

FivestringShredder

7,000 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers