Hi, I'm working on a project and [Philosophy in a Teacup] graciously allowed me to post a sort of recruitment advert here.

To wit, I'm working as part of the the International Association of Pokémon Leagues, an effort to make fan-games based upon regions of the world outside Japan. Currently, we have active development of most of North America (Split into six regions corresponding to a league like Kanto or Hoenn: Pacific, Southwest, Continental Frontier, Maritime, Atlantic Gulf, Great Lakes) and some of Australia (S. East Australian League and Queensland are active).

But we could always use more people. We're currently in the writing stage, and putting together storylines and characters. The great lakes and the pacific are already on creating an actual script the game will follow, with information down to exactly what characters say and do. We also could use anyone with talent programming so we can put together the games as they come to be ready.

We have a forum and a wiki.

So come join!

Feel free to ask questions, or simply discuss what you'd like to see in a fan game about your own region here. (Though if you feel really strongly about a recommendation though, the best way to get us to adopt is to join and suggest it on the IAPL forums).