3,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:54 pm

Body Image, Does it matter?

There is;

• Our body image (how we see ourselves)
  • Our public body image (how others see us)
  • Our view of our public body image (how we think we look to others)

So, does body image matter to you? and how does it affect your life (either way)?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:59 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Ⓒarolina Ⓢays...
╚══════════════╝

User Image

for all i answered
a tomboyish girl that just hangs out with mostly dudes stare
but there is a girly side of me, but its so rare like us seeing mars rare, really if ppl see me wear a skirt, they stare not only because i got great legs, lol, but i never show them

User Image

iKawaiiKyle

5,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Fee blanche

Shy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:20 pm
Well..
In a way Body Image does matter.
Like you don't want to just let your self go.
Also in a way it's doesn't matter.
Like you shouldn't worry to much about your image.

I'm inbetween.
Cause I want to be a fashion designer when I older.
So I make sure my image looks good everyday.

But, I have no idea what others think of me.
It's not something I'd ever really thought to ask my friends or such.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:23 am

I found my trip through body image has been a bizarre experience - which is still changing. Most people describe me as too opinionated - too independent minded. I don't go with the flow, just because everyone is doing it. It has to be my choice. This got me in trouble with every group in school - and ended early childhood friendships when social status became important.

For example, I have some goth friends who love Black Sabbath, everything they listen to is goth (their whole world is goth). However, I also like some of the Hannah Montana songs, and was surprised by the music of Selena Gomez. My goth friends freak at these type of choices, and are embarrassed to have me around their goth group.

Basically, I like what I like - so when it comes to body image, it's the same. I choose style as fashion, rather than being "trendy". It was not an issue, until I started seeing myself in pics. I did not like what I saw. The stores didn't carry the clothes I like, and not caring had me gaining too much weight. The choice was to not to change for others - but for me. To be happy with what I saw. This path was learning to sew and cook - even though I (basically) live in a library.

Basilia Ann E

3,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

miss reku

Dangerous Lover

8,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:10 pm
Whether we like it or not, body image does, in fact, matter.

If we can view ourselves in a positive matter, we can increase our confidence. And by doing that, we open many opportunities for ourselves. We are able to put ourselves out there in the world, and take on new challenges without questioning ourselves. A bad body image, however, can cause quite the opposite to happen. We can become introverted, and antisocial. We may even come to hate ourselves. It be dangerous. Suicide has been commited because of it.

As for what other people think, let's face it. First impression are just about everything. No matter who we are, how kind we are, how open-minded, we all judge one another the first second out eyes come across another face. The thing that makes us great, however, it the ability to look at the first impression, and take the steps needed to find out if it's really true, to get to know the person behind it.

Also, if we think others think we look bad, it can also negatively effect us. It ties in with what I pointed out ealier about becoming antisocial.

I myself don't have the best body image. But I like to keep in mind that beauty isn't skin deep. What matters is how we act towards others. Who cares what we look like? As long as we are good people, and kind towards one another, no matter what, I think that's true beauty. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:07 am
I've never been pretty my entire life. I can't even keep a boyfriend for more than two months emo I hate myself. The way I look, act, feel. I can't handle it, so I try to distract myself by hoarding things.  

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Xx-Yuyu Dr3ams-xX

5,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:40 pm
to me yes becose um body image is inportant becose it is like almost ummm a way of life i guess..(it is hard for me to explain )  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:57 pm
Clover_IceQueen
I've never been pretty my entire life. I can't even keep a boyfriend for more than two months emo I hate myself. The way I look, act, feel. I can't handle it, so I try to distract myself by hoarding things.

Just because you can't keep a boyfriends doesn't me you have to hate yourself. I'm 15, and have never even been asked out once. Nor kissed. And although it bothers me, I don't let it define me. You shouldn't either. If someone broke up with you, especially if they did because you're not 'pretty', then they weren't right for you in the first place! Don't get yourself down about it.

More importantly, I think you have to love yourself before anyone can love you. And if you don't like something, change it. I used to be a terrible person. I was mean, and bullied a lot of kids. And then saw other kids doing it, too, and thought 'That's not right. They shouldn't be doing it.' I didn't like that about myself anymore. I hated it. So, I changed it. Instead of being mean, and throwing out sarcastic comments at someone's expense every chance I get, I don't. I try to be as nice as I can. And, if I really hate the person, I'm simply civil. Sure, I poke fun with my friends, but nothing gets taken to heart. ^_^

So don't worry to much about it, okay? And don't hoard things. If you watch TLC's 'Hoarders: Burried Alive' I'm sure you'll be able to kick the habit. Trust me.

Anyways, there's always something good about everyone, no matter how vile they are. Take the Harry Potter series, for example. Everyone of those characters has a good quality to them, even Voldemort. He was smart, and cunning. And that trait is becoming more and more rare in our society now in days. My point is, with the good, come the bad. But with the bad, comes the good. You'll see. I'm sure of it. ^_^  

miss reku

Dangerous Lover

8,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
The Main Floor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items