Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Am I the only one? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who thinks the two achievements called
  "Sausage Fest" and "Clambake" are disgustingly offensive?
View Results

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:36 pm
Gotta admit it doesn't bother me about the names of the achievements. Clambake halfbaked whatever they're stupid little things that god knows what the point of them will be later. However, I will agree that this is "suppose" to be a child friendly sight and to have those two achievements at the very least aren't exactly child friendly so yeah personally they should probably name it something else but I would have figured the girls would have been more along the lines of Salad festival or Taco something or other but hey whatever I'm still a bit innocent when it comes to that stuff. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:40 am
Rinioa: It's good to be unbiased.
*nods*

Purple: Do you really think that in your head?
(do you use it as a way to keep yourself from getting mad) ?
It doesn't seem to work all the time, you still sometimes complain when something happens to a woman. Yet I've never seen you complain when something happens to a guy.
(I know you like to pride yourself on being all "equal opportunity" and all that, but perhaps you're not as unbiased as you think you are)
---
Sadly yes. Those that do, wouldn't find it funny if it happened to them, though.
---
And yet it's used as humor, those others aren't.
The only thing that they have in common, is that the creators use them as entertainment.
Yet when "equality" groups complain about it, they only complain about the one side.
(still doesn't sound equal to me) >_>

MR: you, innocent?
I'm actually not sure whether I should be sarcastic or shocked here. @_@  

Corruptor of Worlds

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 pm
Yes, I do really think that in my head. It keeps me from getting mad or squeamish or both. 3nodding There's a hell of a lot of stuff that I don't complain about that involves both genders because if I did, I'd be complaining all the frelling time. Besides, when there's somebody else in the room who is closer to the apparent victim in age, gender, or whatever, I like to give them the first opp to say something. Not my fault you never do. And I have complained about "when something happens to a guy", as you put it. You just never notice when I do. Plus, you don't hear ALL my complaints. You're not the only person I ever talk to, you know.

That's true. Ironically, most of them probably HAVE had it happen to them. Guys are weird like that.

It's still the same thing. In both cases, we're pointing out that something horrible could be imitated. That's the whole point, not whether anyone is laughing about it. But if you want to split hairs, anything in the "entertainment" category is subject to humor, and there are tons of sick people out there who think rape is a funny subject, partly because it's been de-humanized and trivialized by modern "entertainment." But you cannot possibly compare the specifics of rape to a crotch hit. I was talking about the "entertainment" itself and whether or not it should be in existence. You said, "All it does, is teach girls (and any guy that's stupid enough not to know of the possible permanent physical harm) that's ok to go around hitting guys in the nuts for their own amusement." That's exactly what I've said in previous discussions about rape games, etc. The point I was making was that if you can understand that concept and apply it to your subject, why couldn't you see how it applies to mine?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:01 am
Purple: You're a very self-restricted person, aren't you?
---
I'm thinking it's just guys that have gone to public school.
The rest of us are wierd in other ways.
---
I guess it's only human nature to care more about the subject that's (as you put it) closer to your "age, gender, or whatever"  

Corruptor of Worlds

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:55 pm
In many ways, yes. Self-discipline is the only control we really have in this world, you know.

You're just not going to admit that it's the same, are you? It is, tho.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:02 am
I'll admit that it holds the same level of importance for each individual person.

But sence I'm a guy, I shall never be able to fully understand the damage it can cause. (likewise the same for girls never fully understanding it)  

Corruptor of Worlds

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:50 pm
No, no, no. I'm not talking about the act itself. I mean, it's the same philosophical situation. When I say that rape games shouldn't exist because they might affect someone psychologically and encourage them to do something, and you say the same about movies where guys get hit in the crotch. You said it might desensitize people and make them think it's okay to do it, and that's exactly what I've been saying. Different subject, same viewpoint.

You've always argued that entertainment doesn't make people do things, and that there's no connection between movies or games and real-life violence. Yet, that's exactly what you're trying to say happens with crotch hit scenes. You can't have it both ways. Violence is violence. You can't say that one kind doesn't affect us mentally and another kind does.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:14 pm
*gives purple a wet willy*  

Tybarious

Corruptor of Worlds

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:27 am
Fine already, shesh...

I guess this goes back to what was said before...
entertainment is fine if it doesn't affect people.

But if the majority of people on this planet
weren't so g%$ da#@ f*^í in the head to begin with,
it wouldn't affect them scream

(I guess I'm complaining more about the people that copy it then the thing itself) V.V

Hell, I've decided that if anyone kicks me there, I'm going to brake both their legs. (as soon as I get the strenth up, of course)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:20 pm
*dumps a bucket of slime on Ty*  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Corruptor of Worlds

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:00 am
*sets gaia on fire and watches the chaos*  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash