Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Art Forum [[ A place for all your pretty Pictures, Comics, and anything art related]]
>>;

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Simply Berry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:44 pm

I found an art thief on deviantart.
What do I... do?
*kinda wants to call him out but doesn't want to get banned for no reason*
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:13 pm

Me: I do hope you aren't claiming this as your own work.
Him: Of course I'm not, it's just something interesting I found while on the internet.
Me: Just making sure. You should be careful to credit people. Someone might report you. I didn't, but I just needed to comment and make sure we didn't have yet another art thief on our hands.

.... stare I'mstillwatchinghim.

I don't like when people upload other people's art up to their deviantart, even if they do give them credit and just want to have it accessible for their own reasons or something. That picture got three undeserved favourites. >> Because the actual picture happens to still be up on that person's page that I knew the actually did the picture. B| It just... feels wrong. If you like someone's work, then favourite it, not upload it to your own account. I don't even.. *watches him like a hawk*

Simply Berry

Le Sapphoux

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:20 pm

I think even if they credit the person, it's still not allowed. If the person doesn't say, "Oh, yeah, you can upload that," then it's just... yeah... It needs to be taken down, because they're not using deviantART the way it is meant to be used. I'd contact the original artist to let them be aware of it so they can deal with it if they didn't give the person their go-ahead. There are clubs on deviantART now, so there's no need for user-created accounts to be used as clubs for uploading other people's artwork anymore.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Le Sapphoux
I think even if they credit the person, it's still not allowed. If the person doesn't say, "Oh, yeah, you can upload that," then it's just... yeah... It needs to be taken down, because they're not using deviantART the way it is meant to be used. I'd contact the original artist to let them be aware of it so they can deal with it if they didn't give the person their go-ahead. There are clubs on deviantART now, so there's no need for user-created accounts to be used as clubs for uploading other people's artwork anymore.

True D:

Simply Berry

Simply Berry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:43 pm

Him: Okay, just out of curiocity, how would I be able to find the original artist so I can give them proper credit? I'm new to Da and not aware of all of the rules.
Me: Uhm.. well I guess that depends. I happen to know who the original artist is because I recognized the picture.. that's why I got on you like I did. I'm sorry if I came at you too hard, but usually there a lot of art thieves lurking on here and I'm quite fond of the artist who did that piece. His name is Chalo.. and he has an account here on deviantart. You usually have to ask the actual artist if you can redistribute their work, and dA is supposed to be used to upload your own work anyway.
Art Forum [[ A place for all your pretty Pictures, Comics, and anything art related]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games