Submit

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:00 pm
Wishboxx
Scarlet_Teardrops
Wishboxx
Shanna66

i dont think it makes me based at all. some of my favorite bands are satanic or anti god. i like a band based on their music and how they carry themselves, not their religious beliefs

@ scarlet
i like how she shows that we dont have to be ashamed of our bodies or who we are. ill admit that she takes it to extremes but thats one of the things i like about her. god gave us our bodies and we should be proud of them

and i love how she dresses but i like them from an artistic view, not a functional one. to me her clothes are works of art, not clothes

That's exactly what I mean by biased. Are you by any chance a Christian? If so, then you really shouldn't be listening to that sort of music. There is a lot of scripture that says we should live clean and pure lives.

I must stand for Shanna here.

I will testify for her: she is a Christian, and it is partly because of the love we have shown her in this guild.

She is a new Christian. Faith in Christ is not an instant transformation. It is a gradual process, a growth. She is not as mature now spiritually as she will be, say, ten years from now. Give her time and she will grow. Perhaps she will find Lady Gaga distasteful when she is more spiritually mature. Perhaps she won't. Everyone is at different points of faith.

I agree with you in that her spiritual growth is a personal thing and it will happen over time. My question was more of an inquiry out of curiosity. I didn't want to assume she was a Christian because I sometimes encounter non-Christians in Christian guilds that just want the desire to learn. I just didn't want to assume.

Gotcha. ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:04 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

Because it is impossible for people to not sin. Paul said that himself. He wanted to live a good, wholesome life for Christ that was holy, but he kept sinning even when he didn't want to.

I am not saying it is correct.

I understand that we are not free of sin and we will constantly sin. But if we know that we're sinning and know that it displeases God, why don't we put full effort in trying to make things right by Him? My question to her wasn't about the sin itself, but the continuing of the sin and allowing it to keep going without being active and making an effort in stopping it shows us that we're not really sorry for the sin we committed.

Edit: I would like to apologize if it seems as if I was attacking Shanna. I didn't mean to come off that way and after reading my posts, I can see how my words might be interpreted as such. But I would like it to be known that I'm sorry for possibly coming off that way and I told her what I did out of love.  

Wishboxx

xxsoullessANGELUSxx

Dapper Explorer

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:39 pm
Wishboxx
xxsoullessANGELUSxx
3nodding

I myself love drawing (points to sig) but I don't really... brag. If it looks like it, I don't mean it in that sense. I'm just happy with what I've done. God gave us gifts (in the form of abilities too), and I like to use them. I'm not proud in the sense of 'I'm better than someone else, therefore I'm happy', but glad that I compared my works with earlier drawings, and they've improved. People like looking at things I draw, and I'm take joy from making others happy. (playing music does this too :3 )

The big present he gave the middle of the US would have to be the Rockies. They're breath taking... I live near Denver (actually staying at the dorms IN Denver at the moment), so we always have the Rocky Mountain range to the west..... mrgreen It's pretty foggy today...

(wow, did I get off topic?)

Totally get what you're saying. (:

YOU DREW THAT?! 8O It looks good! 3nodding I have a lot of respect for artists. I aspire to become one myself, but I'm horrible at art. >.<

I think we're a little off topic. sweatdrop

^_^ Thank you. And good luck. It takes a whole lot of time to practice..... 3nodding

And oops. XD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:45 am
Wishboxx
Scarlet_Teardrops

Because it is impossible for people to not sin. Paul said that himself. He wanted to live a good, wholesome life for Christ that was holy, but he kept sinning even when he didn't want to.

I understand that we are not free of sin and we will constantly sin. But if we know that we're sinning and know that it displeases God, why don't we put full effort in trying to make things right by Him? My question to her wasn't about the sin itself, but the continuing of the sin and allowing it to keep going without being active and making an effort in stopping it shows us that we're not really sorry for the sin we committed.

Edit: I would like to apologize if it seems as if I was attacking Shanna. I didn't mean to come off that way and after reading my posts, I can see how my words might be interpreted as such. But I would like it to be known that I'm sorry for possibly coming off that way and I told her what I did out of love.

i understand, no worries ^.^

as for sinning i believe that if we are doing something that displeases god then we shouldnt try to stop. i just dont feel that me listening to music makes god unhappy. now if i was letting that music influence me and i went around murdering people or started having sex with a bunch of people then im sinning beause of me letting that music rule my life instead of god which is wrong

and thanks scarlet, im tryng to be a better christian but on some things so far i dont see as a problem unless i let it affect my outlook on life and god  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Wishboxx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:20 pm
Shanna66
Wishboxx
Scarlet_Teardrops

as for sinning i believe that if we are doing something that displeases god then we shouldnt try to stop. i just dont feel that me listening to music makes god unhappy. now if i was letting that music influence me and i went around murdering people or started having sex with a bunch of people then im sinning beause of me letting that music rule my life instead of god which is wrong

and thanks scarlet, im tryng to be a better christian but on some things so far i dont see as a problem unless i let it affect my outlook on life and god

I'm glad. I just wanted to make sure that there were no hard feelings and that everything that I say is said out of love and care.

Have you ever considered that maybe by being a fan of hers, you might be supporting her sins?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:00 pm
Wishboxx
Shanna66
Wishboxx
Scarlet_Teardrops

I'm glad. I just wanted to make sure that there were no hard feelings and that everything that I say is said out of love and care.

Have you ever considered that maybe by being a fan of hers, you might be supporting her sins?

Have you ever considered that the controversy about her actions that you're abetting by allowing it to polarize you also supports her sins?  

Fighting Fefnir

Perfect Winner

Wishboxx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:22 pm
Fighting Fefnir

Have you ever considered that the controversy about her actions that you're abetting by allowing it to polarize you also supports her sins?

No, I have not. I can see how it must seem alluring for a teenager to indulge in what society rejects. But it would be wrong of me to not tell the OP the truth about Lady Gaga, from the Christian stand point. By the way you worded your question, both voicing an opinion for or against her would have been considered as supporting her sin. But I'd rather that the OP know the truth about Lady Gaga and what the scriptures say to back my stand up.

I do agree with you to an extent though and that's actually something that I wanted to bring up. Creating threads that bash Lady Gaga is just as bad as creating threads that worship her. However, this is different in that A) I didn't create a thread talking about how bad of a person she is, B) I'm trying to assist a sister in Christ by showing her how to discern between people that appear harmless and people who are harmless, and C) bringing to light her sins that people seem to look over and pass off as her being eccentric or glamorous. She asked why it's not okay for a Christian to listen to Lady Gaga and I'm giving her plenty of reasons why.

Discernment is a very powerful tool that every Christian should carry with them. To have not said anything to the OP would have been irresponsible of me as a Christian and I can't do that. God placed me on this earth with a purpose and I'm going to do what I can to help others become better Christians just as I would like someone else to do the same for me. I'm not going to idly sit by and allow this girl to be lead down the wrong path just because her human reasoning tells her it's okay. If that's what you want to do, that's your prerogative. But as a Christian, I won't allow someone like Lady Gaga hinder this girl's faith, whether she sees it or not.

If she wants to ignore the word of the Lord, that's totally up to her. But you're not doing her any favors by sitting by and allowing her to believe something that's wrong. Frankly, it's irresponsible of you as a Christian to not do what you can to show her the truth.

I'm done with this topic. I've said enough about this topic and have posted more than enough scripture to prove my point. Whether you and/or the OP wish to accept it or ignore it, that's your choice.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:07 pm
Wishboxx
Fighting Fefnir

No, I have not. I can see how it must seem alluring for a teenager to indulge in what society rejects. But it would be wrong of me to not tell the OP the truth about Lady Gaga, from the Christian stand point. By the way you worded your question, both voicing an opinion for or against her would have been considered as supporting her sin. But I'd rather that the OP know the truth about Lady Gaga and what the scriptures say to back my stand up.

The point I was getting at is that the controversy itself is what she's after. You've taken it a step beyond simply saying you don't think her music is Christian and that Christians shouldn't listen. You're actively attempting to demonize her. As I read this, my first thought was that you are representing 'your truth', not an objective truth. Anyone can search for anything to support anything, regardless of how good that source is and how true you want something to be. Anything can be proven when you actively search for evidence to back your viewpoint. And of course, you're representing an entire religion on your own view here, so I call shenanigans on how you've said you're giving her THE Christian perspective rather than a Christian's perspective.

Quote:
I do agree with you to an extent though and that's actually something that I wanted to bring up. Creating threads that bash Lady Gaga is just as bad as creating threads that worship her. However, this is different in that A) I didn't create a thread talking about how bad of a person she is, B) I'm trying to assist a sister in Christ by showing her how to discern between people that appear harmless and people who are harmless, and C) bringing to light her sins that people seem to look over and pass off as her being eccentric or glamorous. She asked why it's not okay for a Christian to listen to Lady Gaga and I'm giving her plenty of reasons why.

So just because you didn't create the thread, you're not to blame for your part in the proceedings? How does scripture help to discern between those who ARE harmless and those who APPEAR harmless? I'll point out, who are you to call her on her sins? It's not your place to judge her, nor is it mine. And again, one can research anything in favor of a perspective they'd like to hold. This doesn't necessarily make what you're saying true.

Quote:
Discernment is a very powerful tool that every Christian should carry with them. To have not said anything to the OP would have been irresponsible of me as a Christian and I can't do that. God placed me on this earth with a purpose and I'm going to do what I can to help others become better Christians just as I would like someone else to do the same for me. I'm not going to idly sit by and allow this girl to be lead down the wrong path just because her human reasoning tells her it's okay. If that's what you want to do, that's your prerogative. But as a Christian, I won't allow someone like Lady Gaga hinder this girl's faith, whether she sees it or not.

Discernment differs from judgment... how? I don't say that you weighing in on the topic is bad, just that you're a little past simply giving your view. You're actively condemning someone, and that's God's job, not yours. Also, what's wrong with human reasoning? Not everything is black or white, good or evil, holy or sinful. Some things are just in the gray area, and her, as all music, is one of those things.

So, at the end there... You're claiming to know better than her what she believes? You're claiming to be some moral compass for her? Isn't the view of most Christians that a person is naturally oriented toward sinning, but when they accept God, it's as if they've been given a moral compass? If so, you're doing something completely unnecessary in a situation that doesn't call for it, and making yourself seem like the biggest pharisee in the bunch at the same time.

'Listen to me, let me quote you the scripture, my word is true and you must agree' is not a legitimate reason to say that what you think trumps what she thinks. A person's conscience is the biggest aid in deciding good and bad, and who are you to go against what someone's conscience says?

Quote:
If she wants to ignore the word of the Lord, that's totally up to her. But you're not doing her any favors by sitting by and allowing her to believe something that's wrong. Frankly, it's irresponsible of you as a Christian to not do what you can to show her the truth.

Actually, I kind of am, since I'm not a Christian. I'm doing her a favor by not attempting to dispel her belief. I'm doing her a favor by letting her make her own decisions rather than telling her what to think. I give my opinion, sure, but I will never say 'this is absolutely the bottom line of truth', as you're doing. You're doing more to damage her by 'instructing her in what's right' than I am in allowing her to come to her own conclusion and learn on her own. You're stifling her ability to perceive and learn with such conduct.

Quote:
I'm done with this topic. I've said enough about this topic and have posted more than enough scripture to prove my point. Whether you and/or the OP wish to accept it or ignore it, that's your choice.

Your dichotomy, oh the falseness of it. We can choose to apply your message in a different way than you intend. And of course, scripture YOU quote is the be-all end-all of discussion. Never mind personal thoughts and beliefs, YOUR interpretation of YOUR version of YOUR belief is correct, so we have to take it or leave it.

To Caesar what is his, oh Pharisee.  

Fighting Fefnir

Perfect Winner

Wishboxx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:27 pm
I'm not going to argue with you like a child and disrespect this guild or it's leaders. If you wish to continue this discussion, feel free to PM me so that we can take this elsewhere.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:00 am
Wishboxx
Shanna66
Wishboxx
Scarlet_Teardrops

its her choice on wether or not she sins, i cant stop that even if i wasnt a fan of hers. i enjoy being a fan of hers, i enjoy her music and i enjoy her honesty with herself and her fans. most celebraties will lie and make excuses when they mess up or do something horrible while lady gaga will admit it was her fault and move on. to me she is alot less evil than alot of other people out there  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Lucky-Emi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:22 pm
II-Lymiex-II
Lucky-Emi
II-Lymiex-II
My opinion on Lady Gaga.... Well, honestly I really like her music. I mean, the lyrics are mostly bad but I don't listen to the lyrics. I listen to the music, and I like the music. I don't really know my opinion on her though...

If you really like the MUSIC, then I recommend listening to only the parodies. That's what I do.

Haha, I love the parodies. Here's a parody of Alejandro, it's hilarious! It's by this guy named Josh (thecomputernerd01). His other videos are really funny too. ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3vL12oGBZY

I subscribed to him =D  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:19 pm
I am pulling reigns over this one too. It is being moved and probably deleted very soon.  

squeakygirl
Captain

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100

SiMpLe_CuTiE_13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:29 pm
I don't know or care about the illuminati thing. But doing what she does in her videos, especially swallowing a crucifix, is just blasphemy. She's mocking Christian faith. It is disrespectdful and in every way insulting. I would never support her in any way. Music is music, but it does have a meaning and purpose. Her's are just unpleasant, wordly, and blasphemous. I'd rather stay away from her music, for my own good.  
~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff