View Results

xxsoullessANGELUSxx

Dapper Explorer

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:48 pm
I don't want to ask just one thing (the basic "What's your favorite band?" or "What type of music do you listen to?") How's about we get a little more in depth... (I'm still asking those basics.... just adding more)

What is your favorite band and why?

Do you know why you like the music you like?

What part of a song or composition reaches you the most? The beat? Rhythm? lyrics? Certain instrument or section?

Do you play instruments or sing in a choir?

---

. . . .how's that? XD

(I will answer too, but I gotta get something to eat right now...)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:06 pm
Alright, let's do this:

My favorite band is Fireflight. FIREFLIGHT FTW!!!!!!!!! Why? Because I've been looking for some Chritistain rock and this satisfies my needs. :3

So let's see, why do I like rock. I guess it might have something to do with why I can head bang and rock out to it.

Definately the lyrics, followed by the instrumentation.

As a matter of fact, I do play an instrument. I play clarinet and I'm trying to learn bassoon.

Chief Chilly

4,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:45 pm
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩
okay, let's see...

i cannot pick one band. i love:
Boitezuleika, Deolinda, Amália Rodrigues, João Ferreira Rosa, Carlos do Carmo, Jorge Palma, Sérgio Godinho, Rui Veloso, David Fonseca, Fúria do Açúcar, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Gabriel o Pensador, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Franz Schubert, Frederic Chopin, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Queen, The Police, Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, Paul Simon, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, Tryo, Kings of Convenience, The Swell Season, Norah Jones, Miles Davis, Chet Baker, Frank Zappa, Diana Krall, John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, Walt Disney ...

i would say they "touch" me. some deeper than others, some in a funny way, some in happy, sad, reflexing, relaxing ways, dunno... it moves with my emotions/feelings/moods and it sure is a passion! (: heart

What part of a song or composition reaches you the most? The beat? Rhythm? lyrics? Certain instrument or section?
some the beat, some the rhythm, some the lyrics. I allways pay much attention to the lyrics and normally the bass beating kinda drives my heartbeating (literally - it's true).

yes, i'm a salmist in my neocatecumenal community and i play accoustic guitar (12 years so far). i also play some piano.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:09 pm
mrgreen

Favorite Band & why...-

Yeah, it's hard to choose just one.... XD Skillet is probably running up to be first pick because one, my friends introduced Skillet to me, so their songs remind me of home. Two, there's a deep meaning in these songs.... they are a Christian band, and you actually can't 'tell' right away (due to the fact they don't directly say 'Lord' or 'Jesus' . . .they say heaven though, and Forgiveness, sin...etc) I love their instrumentation too.

Why I like the music I like-
I can listen to a wide range of songs.... mainly I will like a song if the singers are on pitch, the drummer is doing his job (keeping the beat) and I like the tune. Sometimes I don't even know the lyrics, and I will like the music... it becomes part of me when I listen, even when I don't know the words. Many times the tune expresses so much.

The part that reaches me-

I focus quite a bit of my attention on the rhythm and beat with the guy (or girl) in the back. Even if I've never heard a song before, I start moving with the beat (tapping a foot or hand, bobbing my head a little... it's kinda funny) I'm picky on tune too, if the singer can NOT sing, or something's... off... I won't really like the song.

Instrument/choir-

I've been a percussionist for over nine years now (starting in 4th grade) and I sing (or sang, when I was home) in the small church choir my dad rebuilt. (we have a small church, so there are... 14 tops in the choir? It's fun. :3) I also play piano... I've been a pianist a little longer than I've played in the band as a percussionist.... it's partly why I love the mallet instruments the most.

xxsoullessANGELUSxx

Dapper Explorer

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Guildmember 100

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:17 pm

I love numerous bands. I'm not sure that I can pluck out just one. But I suppose I will attempt. Let's see....

Well, I think the band that I listen to the most songs from would have to be Genesis. They were originally progressive rock with Peter Gabriel, and they started to become more like pop music as Phil Collins led. I should probably be too young to know about it, but that's what happens when you have others who introduce it to you.

Why do I like them? Their lyrics are powerful, philosophical, and intellectual, especially in the earlier albums. I love their music. It has a unique sound and I enjoy it, a lot.

As for what reaches me the most in a composition--probably the sound. Certain sounds really get to me. That, or a beautiful voice, like Enya's voice. So beautiful I just cry every time.

I used to play percussion in grade school, but it's been five years since I played an instrument. I've always wanted to play the piano. I taught myself the scales by ear, what sounded right and what didn't, and I did the same with Fur Elise. But I didn't get any further than that and I doubt I have correct piano playing style.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:55 am
my favorite band.....you know what i really don't know...i guess switchfoot..i like most of there music especially "Gone"

i also like Toby Mac. he's the best..also titled best christian singer yet. he deserves his title i think.

no...

i don't know D:

no..i don't plan on it either..  

ii-lunargem-ii

Dangerous Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:59 am
What is your favorite band and why? at the moment its muse and abney park. muse because they are awesome and abney park because ive been in a steampunk type mood recently

because its awesome

if it hase a cello or any other string intrument then i automaticly love it. music is much more important to me than the words. half my favorite song i dont even know what they're about

i play the violin and a little piano. i can also play the cello and bass but thats because they are just like giant violins  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:26 pm
Well my favorite bands had been Skillet and Nightwish. Lately I've been getting into Tokio Hotel as well. Skillet and Tokio Hotel sound awesome to me. One thing I love about Skillet is their lyrics. Nightwish I love for the symphonic elements and lovely vocals.

Not really. I like different stuff.

That's depends on the song. Sometimes the lyrics, sometimes the drums, sometimes the guitar. Other things, too.

I play the drums.  

Yirah

Mega Hero

11,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

nissavibes

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:42 pm
What is your favorite band and why? I have many favorite bands but my most favorite are Skillet, MercyMe, Phil Wickham, Toby Mac, and Lecrae.

Do you know why you like the music you like? Simple, because I love to embrace my love for Christ and my devotion to Him and to be able to listen to songs by people who also love and devote their life to Him just makes me feel so good inside. With Skillet, they just have these awesome songs I can rock out to and also learn a little something. With MercyMe, they just make me feel so much closer with the Lord when I listen to their songs along with Phil Wickham who's songs are so inspirational to me and so amazing I could listen to them all day long. Toby Mac is like one of the first Christian artists I think I had a crush on. ;P His music is so fun and you can rock out to some songs and sing along and praise the Lord with others. With Lecrae, his songs and his style is just so cool. To think he uses his talent to rap to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ around is amazing.

What part of a song or composition reaches you the most? The beat? Rhythm? lyrics? Certain instrument or section? I love all of it, it all helps the songs really stand out and speak to me and set the message in.

Do you play instruments or sing in a choir? I do not play any instrument or sing in a choir. Though I do love singing and I would most definitely love to learn the piano and guitar.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:51 am
Hmm, Tough one. Probably Heed The Hue. They're a local band. Their lyrics are beyond amazing. My favorite lyrics by them :: A nail in the right. A nail in the left. A nail through his feet. Do you really know suffering ? It's a song about how people say they have sooo much going on. And they say that life is so harsh. But when you look at it from that view, how bad is your life, really ?

Music I like ::Techno, rock, pop, alternative. Why ? The beat, the lyrics, the easy flow, the voices, the tones, the message. Why - Why not ?

Lyrics are always a key point to drag me in, along with the beat. But what really adds to how much I like the song :: The drums or bass.
I'm a drummer ♥ && I was in the choir before I moved o:

Chu_berri

awesomecacy

Thirteenth Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:15 pm
Erm... I listen to a lot of music, so It's kind of hard to choose.
Choosing one I'd have to say Barlow Girl (At this point in time. I'm pretty wishy-washy about it.). Because their lyrics are very true, and challenge me to be more than the average bear.

I like all different kinds of music. It pretty much depends on what I need at the moment/my mood.

Usually it's the words that end up reaching out to me. I can't really explain why, though.

I play the flute, and I'm learning how to play the Saxophone.  
Getting to know each other

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games